Match Thread. Sheffield v Featherstone Rovers Friday 24th June 2016

marklaspalmas

Sheffield have won a number of the home Friday night games against part time teams .....  in my opinion its a tactic employed by sheffield to gain maximum advantage against their part time opposition ....   How many Fev players did a full shift at work yesterday before playing??  8 of their 12 points have been gained on a Friday night, agains PT opposition!! (Fax, Swinton, Rams and Fev ) ..... 

I read you comments that Fev didn't play well ... but how would you play after 8 hours graft at work first?

I wonder how many oldham players did a 8 hr shift yesterday then went and trounced sheffield.....?

like i said they raise there game against us

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps you just didn't play as well as Oldham did against them.

We were ###### i was answering that question , beaten by a team who arnt very good 

Read the whole thing before you repliy brains

We were ###### i was answering that question , beaten by a team who arnt very good 

Read the whole thing before you repliy brains

touchy touchy! My point, as you clearly missed it was that perhaps you were not very good! I know that point has been made, but why do they have to raise their game more for you than for Oldham or any other team in the division?

touchy touchy! My point, as you clearly missed it was that perhaps you were not very good! I know that point has been made, but why do they have to raise their game more for you than for Oldham or any other team in the division?

I think people think it's cos of the coloured history that Aston had with Fev when they assume that Sheffield raise their game against Fev. In actual fact they didn't need to raise it by much last week.

I think people think it's cos of the coloured history that Aston had with Fev when they assume that Sheffield raise their game against Fev. In actual fact they didn't need to raise it by much last week.

We still played better than the week before against Whitehaven But we never tried to stretch their defense.Most sets involved one man rugby down the middle,only Bossy posed a threat.It's not rocket science to back the ball carrier up on either side.It makes the defense THINK !

Well then you must be over-estimating Astons motivational powers, which haven't seemed to work so well in previous games.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

there's a history between Aston and Featherstone Rovers, and he seems to have instilled his animosity into his teams. which on one occasion led to them trashing a dressing room.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Well then you must be over-estimating Astons motivational powers, which haven't seemed to work so well in previous games.

I'm not over estimating anyone. Sheffield played better and won. You win some you lose some. Beating Fev is no guide line to anyone's season.

Aston didn't motivate them, Fev did. If you check out the first two tries from the Sheffield video you will see they were both gifted and not a single hand was laid on either scorer. The best pick-me-up for a side so lacking in confidence.

AS you have said the point that we were poor as been made in this thread several times i went we were poor i was the answering the question regarding the friday night ploy and other teams having to work before they play them i didnt agree with it hence why i said read the question.. now if you dont mind i will take my ball home and go and sulk in the corner ....

there's a history between Aston and Featherstone Rovers, and he seems to have instilled his animosity into his teams. which on one occasion led to them trashing a dressing room.

Never showed his true form in a FEV shirt played as if he was not bothered most games.

Aston didn't motivate them, Fev did. If you check out the first two tries from the Sheffield video you will see they were both gifted and not a single hand was laid on either scorer. The best pick-me-up for a side so lacking in confidence.

ye the 1st 1 was a disgrace, Cory Aston stood there with no options and no idea what to do then just glided through the sloppy defence, showed the bad mental attitude we went into the game with.

Archived