overrated players

Lawkholme

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when it comes to Chris hill, yeah he isn't a bad player but in my opinion he is very average at best.

If you and I were both SL players, would you mind awfully if I left it to you to tackle him as I would be busy elsewhere.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Nathan Massey (has the odd good game)

Paddy Flynn

Will Maher

Ryan Boyle (left now)

These a players from my team who i think maybe steeling a wage but i wouldn't say they were overrated because nobody really rates them.

Isn't Maher only 20,bit harsh on a kid who's still learning the game.

Isn't Maher only 20,bit harsh on a kid who's still learning the game.

Yea maybe is a bit harsh but hes had 2seasons with us and hasn't played more than 15mins i a game (might not be his fault) Springer is about same age n has been here slightly less and he has improved every week. Basically how long do u play someone before u make the call on if hes good enough, id give him a season long loan in championship to see how he improves.

COME ON THE CORN

CLASSY CAS 4EVA

Go Go Go York City Knights!

Yea maybe is a bit harsh but hes had 2seasons with us and hasn't played more than 15mins i a game (might not be his fault) Springer is about same age n has been here slightly less and he has improved every week. Basically how long do u play someone before u make the call on if hes good enough, id give him a season long loan in championship to see how he improves.

To be fair I think Springers about 3 years older than Maher. Agree that Maher doesnt appear to have developed much though, but he is still young enough to progress. Needs a big pre-season and as you say some game time in the championship IMHO.

Cudjoe Supporters and Players player of the year this year.

I guess you can make of that what you like.

That they're all still sulking over Jake Connor leaving?

;)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I know this is a terrible measure of a player but he is one of my most consistently high performing superleaguedreamteam players.  But as this is linked to game stats if nothing else it does show that he makes a lot of metres, tackle busts, off loads and tries, which is where he picks up the points. 

chris houston not in the same class as matty whitely

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

I know this is a terrible measure of a player but he is one of my most consistently high performing superleaguedreamteam players.  But as this is linked to game stats if nothing else it does show that he makes a lot of metres, tackle busts, off loads and tries, which is where he picks up the points. 

Stats and damn lies and all that. 

Leroy has been one of the few Giants players who has put in good performances week in week out this season. He's a talented player, although he has seemed to lack confidence in the past and his concentration can go in defence occasionally. The stats give a pretty accurate broad picture of his performances.

I'm also going to say Bateman. Not that he's not a great player but the way the Sky commentators and folk on here talk about him you'd swear he was the second coming. I've never seen him perform and thought "that's a world class player" or even close to it. I'll also second Ratchford and Wilkin if we're going by players Eddie and Stevo rate rather than the forum. I'm not sure how highly he's actually rated but Ashton Simms is always a bit underwhelming. And I'm going to get slaughtered for this but....Danny Houghton. Again a good player but he hasn't suddenly become world class this season. It's pretty much down to Hull's incredible pack. He's still well behind Clarke and Hodgson for me.

I don't really have a club but since I tend to prefer Catalans over whoever they're playing - pretty much all the young players who come through at Catalans are overrated (except maybe Albert). Again I don't think this is so much a reflection of their abilities but more that most of us are so eager for French talent to come through that we big up any glimpse of it we see.

All sat in the armchairs, wish I had been good enough to be classed as an overrated player!

To be a pro you have to be seriously talented and committed ; I doubt many on this forum would have ever been good enough to have made decent amateur players let alone pro players!

Now its my time to be a hypocrite! When I was young screaming on the terraces I always thought Graham Hallas was overrated! 3 man in the tackle and last off!!:)

He obviously dosen't lose points for being caught out of position then.

He obviously dosen't lose points for being caught out of position then.

He would for a missed tackle, but you are right not for being caught out of position. But that's why I say you have to be careful judging on the stats.

Archived