30 Sept: SL Play Off Semi Final 2: Wigan Warriors v Hull FC KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Hull FC
    • Draw

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IT worked out well,but why was Smith going for a drop goal.

A few seconds from half time, why not twist the knife a little?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

How is 9-0 compared to 8-0 twisting the knife !

If he didn't think a try was likely, the next best thing is a score of any kind. It can weigh on an opposing team's mind over the break.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

How is 9-0 compared to 8-0 twisting the knife !

It's about pressure, gradual pressure. Physiologically it keeps chipping away. Exactly the the right thing to do at that point in such a tight game. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

It's about pressure, gradual pressure. Physiologically it keeps chipping away. Exactly the the right thing to do at that point in such a tight game.

Yeah because they would need 2 tries & a conversion,instead of erm 2 tries and a conversion.

Yeah because they would need 2 tries & a conversion,instead of erm 2 tries and a conversion.

The dominant Wigan side of the Eighties and Nineties always aimed to score something when they entered the opposition 20. It adds up mentally, as well as on the scoreboard.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived