30 Sept: SL Play Off Semi Final 2: Wigan Warriors v Hull FC KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Hull FC
    • Draw

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try for me - the way the ball squirmed out / away it was obvious there was some kind of downward pressure (and it must have come from the hand).

I was just about to go on a rant about how I was beginning to despair about the way video referees never seem to make correct but brave decisions and then Thaler grows a pair and does so!

Well done to the Wigan player for playing to the whistle, just wasn't meant to be.

Spot on; if the Hull try wasn't given, he would have been left wondering what might have been otherwise.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

What I would say, rightly or wrongly, is that it was inconsistent with the decision he gave last night.

I think both were probably given correctly within the letter of the law. However somehow the decisions felt wrong. Last night's was probably a try and though tonight's may have been, there seemed enough doubt not to overturn the onfield decision.

Try for me - the way the ball squirmed out / away it was obvious there was some kind of downward pressure (and it must have come from the hand).

yes, piecing the three angles together was important. The way the ball changed its flight supportd the angle where he had his finger on it.

That's brought the whole system and sport into disrepute.

It's a Hull try BTW and could be seen with the downward pressure and "backspin" on the ball which showed it wasn't a Hull knock on but the ref gave an on the field try at the other end of the field to Wigan didn't he (but watching with the sound down so did Hicks give it to Hull or Wigan?) and the TV replay is "Try" which means Wigan but Hull are celebrating. But watching with sound down. Confused!

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

Can t stand the tension! Now in the Tabard at Turnham Green. Still no TV coverage. listening to BBC Manchester and Humberside on the Internet. One would think it s two different games!

thought the ball had hit his palm first, then left the hand, then a pinky touched it while on the floor.. which would be a knock on. But no surprised he gave it.

Should make for an interesting last 15mins.

It's a knock on in the NRL not in SL.

Game over. Shaul repeatedly too flimsy at the back.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Archived