Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Scubby

So I phoned the RFL ticket office (ref: Olympic Stadium). Brace yourselves

I wonder what Ben thinks of the Groupon offer? Talk about a kick in the teeth. I'm taking along a couple of people who wouldn't normally attend. They will be delighted to know how much of a fool the RFL has made of us. This will never happen to me again. I won't be stupid enough to go next time. International football is being run into the ground.

rldfsignature.jpg

I wonder what Ben thinks of the Groupon offer? Talk about a kick in the teeth. I'm taking along a couple of people who wouldn't normally attend. They will be delighted to know how much of a fool the RFL has made of us. This will never happen to me again. I won't be stupid enough to go next time. International football is being run into the ground.

They must think we are all muppets? It is not 1990 when you could stiff fans at the main ticket office in the heartlands while putting cut priced offers in the London Evening standard. There is something called the internet and it is showing things for what they are.

This is playing out like Arkwright with this corner shop mentality. Laugh or cry or moan it's your choice. So if I phone the ticket office or go on the RFL ticket site and pay full price am I a true fan? Or if I use groupon am I a true fan? Or if I wait until the top tier £50 tickets come on at half price am I a true fan? Disgraceful.

Edited by Scubby

As someone said its not the few people reading and contributing to this thread - its the millions of potential customers out there and hoping to convert a small %

However, there's no marketing, so the millions has been down graded to thousands. And the thousands are mostly the same that went to the last home series

The RFL should buy some advertising space on the underground. Stick a picture of Sam Burgess on it ( probably the only RL player half of London knows) and open the entire stadium to ticket sales.

I get the concept that you really shouldn't mind where you sit if you're a true fan, but most of those thinking of going from the SE won't be. They want to buy into an event, and cordoning off half the ground makes it look like it isn't. Even if it makes 10% of potential attendees think twice it's bad news.

Still, I'm optimistic that there will be as many there as for the NZ game.

I go on about this every time England play either Australia or NZ in London but what if anything are the RFL doing to target the 250,000 aussie&kiwi expat community in London?? Have they advertised the game in the TNT print magazine or on their online version? Or what about the Aussies in London Facebook page??

The RFL should buy some advertising space on the underground. Stick a picture of Sam Burgess on it ( probably the only RL player half of London knows) and open the entire stadium to ticket sales.

I get the concept that you really shouldn't mind where you sit if you're a true fan, but most of those thinking of going from the SE won't be. They want to buy into an event, and cordoning off half the ground makes it look like it isn't. Even if it makes 10% of potential attendees think twice it's bad news.

Still, I'm optimistic that there will be as many there as for the NZ game.

Completely agree about Sam Burgess and the Underground advert, not rocket science is it?

I'm not going down any path thanks - I'm just saying it's not a case that you can't get those tickets, it's just that you are refusing to

There is a difference

I have nothing against scubby or anyone else on here - in fact I already know I like you because you have excellent taste in sport

But there is a difference - logically speaking.

I'm not calling you a bad person or wrong for taking that approach - just that it is your approach - and not a situation that means you at unable to go - it is your decision

Whatever happens I hope we're all celebrating on the day wherever we're sat

Edited by BenGilesRL

I'm not going down any path thanks - I'm just saying it's not a case that you can't get those tickets, it's just that you are refusing to

So if these tickets haven't been released yet Ben how are Scubby and  others supposed to buy them? They want to buy tickets but at this moment in time (approximately five/six weeks from the match day) they can't unless they buy tickets in an area they don't want to sit in. How can they buy what isn't for sale?

rldfsignature.jpg

I'm not going down any path thanks.

It reads that way; the RFL expects too much blind loyalty from a small but dedicated fan base. It really is about time the organisation is held to account for poor performance and neglect. England RL is the product which should drive our game forward in this country and they fail to deliver in my opinion. Time and time again opportunities arrive to build on success and they don't... and nobody is being held accountable for it. You may be happy with the administration of RL in this country and across the globe; I'm not. I think it is poor and harms the sport in a very competitive world. I absolutely understand we are a niche sport but the game does have wider appeal; it is never harnessed through incompetence and people in authority choosing to retain the status quo through protectionism. It stinks so why should I swear blind loyalty to the sport? I guess I mustn't be a true fan.

Success they stumble upon not actually strive to achieve.

Exactly, if we spank the Kiwis and Aussies in the pool stages there will be 50K+ at Anfield for the final. This is not by design.

Sitting on your backside with your fingers crossed hoping the lads smash it out of the park is not a strategy for International prosperity. 

Right then Scubby, don't get too excited but it appears they've opened up half of the upper tier at OP. You wouldn't actually know it as the areas are still grey but if you click between blocks 220-252, you can buy tickets. 236 on the halfway line doesn't seem to be available but 235 and 237 are at £45 a ticket; no concessions.

Only a month to go to fill 30k seats.

Right then Scubby, don't get too excited but it appears they've opened up half of the upper tier at OP. You wouldn't actually know it as the areas are still grey but if you click between blocks 220-252, you can buy tickets. 236 on the halfway line doesn't seem to be available but 235 and 237 are at £45 a ticket; no concessions.

Only a month to go to fill 30k seats.

They are secret seats lol. I wonder if they are just supposed to be available for fast seat finder or something? A bit of good news finally. Maybe they do read the message boards after all?

You can almost see their minds working. Okay, WCS is over ... erm what's next? Magic. What about the Challenge Cup? Steady on let's get this sorted first and so on and so on.

"Australia's squad just been announced! Crickey they must be coming soon!"

Edited by Scubby

They are secret seats lol. I wonder if they are just supposed to be available for fast seat finder or something? A bit of good news finally. Maybe they do read the message boards after all?

You can almost see their minds working. Okay, WCS is over ... erm what's next? Magic. What about the Challenge Cup? Steady on let's get this sorted first and so on and so on.

Well I purchased those secret seats... 5 in Row 31 Block 237. Not so secret anymore mwahahahahaha!!!

I don't think you are wrong with that last paragraph. Happens every year. When I hit my 20-year point, I'll be eligible for my half pension. If the RFL give me half my current salary, I'll run the ticket sales part of the business for them and sort it out pretty quickly.

Oh the tournament director has accepted me on LinkedIn; might pop him a question in the next couple of days. I'm also off to meet Greg Mulholland MP on Tue evening next week; I'll see what he has to say.

Well I purchased those secret seats... 5 in Row 31 Block 237. Not so secret anymore mwahahahahaha!!!

I don't think you are wrong with that last paragraph. Happens every year. When I hit my 20-year point, I'll be eligible for my half pension. If the RFL give me half my current salary, I'll run the ticket sales part of the business for them and sort it out pretty quickly.

Oh the tournament director has accepted me on LinkedIn; might pop him a question in the next couple of days. I'm also off to meet Greg Mulholland MP on Tue evening next week; I'll see what he has to say.

Looking at a few roles in RFL there is one done by Kait Ludwig called club marketing and business operations manager, when you look at job spec I'm pretty sure not much of that happens, but maybe we should give her a chance, only in role since May.

Share our feedback if you message the tournament guy!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Yep, block 237 definitely on sale, just bought 3 in row 31

Now coloured in on the website too... I still don't understand the mentality of not opening these sections a lot sooner. 

Same row and block as me BB. 

Now coloured in on the website too... I still don't understand the mentality of not opening these sections a lot sooner. 

Same row and block as me BB. 

It is insane and what's more worrying is the dialogue they are giving to customers phoning them :/

Meh! You lot aren't real RL supporters.

Yep if I was a proper fan I could have been behind the posts with Ben and his chums .... with Ben

I've just checked my order confirmation from 1st September for a ticket that I had added to the rest of my group, and I'm in block 240, so it seems the upper tier has been on sale over the phone for a while. Either that or my group were going to be sat on out own in that block!

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

I've just checked my order confirmation from 1st September for a ticket that I had added to the rest of my group, and I'm in block 240, so it seems the upper tier has been on sale over the phone for a while. Either that or my group were going to be sat on out own in that block!

It doesn't surprise me one bit. Effectively, I think they are/were trying to micro manage sale areas completely oblivious to how it would look in the bigger picture. This is the Olympic stadium not Leigh FFS. 

Other events manage this with subtlety by every other row etc. They got 44k last year so they did not need to take this stance it was ridiculous. Corner shop v Big Picture is a wrestle that usually just goes one way with the RFL.

Edited by Scubby

It doesn't surprise me one bit. Effectively, I think they are/were trying to micro manage sale areas completely oblivious to how it would look in the bigger picture. This is the Olympic stadium not Leigh FFS. 

Other events manage this with subtlety by every other row etc. They got 44k last year so they did not need to take this stance it was ridiculous. Corner shop v Big Picture is a wrestle that usually just goes one way with the RFL.

I wonder if they had some of those areas reserved for group sales, to make it easier to get people together in blocks (especially when people are likely to make changes as I have)

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

I wonder if they had some of those areas reserved for group sales, to make it easier to get people together in blocks (especially when people are likely to make changes as I have)

We bought the multi game packages and many of those tickets are in areas that have, until now, been greyed out.