• Australia by 1 to 12 points
    • Draw
    • Scotland by 1 to 12 points
    • Scotland by 13 to 24 points
    • Scotland by 25 points or more

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone give me one example of how this benefits the sport? Just one.

The Aussies will go into the next game with only an unopposed training session under their belts, whereas NZ will have had a tough game?

Really? Why would they want to do that then?

Because I get the feeling from reading this forum that some fans would rather the game died, just so they could stand in the wreckage and scream "I told you so" into the void, than offer even an ounce of support to any part of the game that doesn't directly benefit their club.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I must agree with Schoey . A tri-nations with GB must be the way forward or proper GB series with nz & aus . And a stronger second tier structure underneath

Completely ignores Samoa nearly beating England and New Zealand last Four Nations.

Because I get the feeling from reading this forum that some fans would rather the game died, just so they could stand in the wreckage and scream "I told you so" into the void, than offer even an ounce of support to any part of the game that doesn't directly benefit their club.

I think there will be plenty that express dismay about certain things but I get the impression they wish it were different and were a success

Why didnt Thaler go to the video ref for the kick through score, as refs normally do for SL games? The ref should go to the video ref every time the Aussies score from kicks through because that is what their refs will do when we score (and some will be disallowed)

And it's what Thaler does most weeks. When he feels like it anyway

Completely ignores Samoa nearly beating England and New Zealand last Four Nations.

Facts, schmacts. What matters most right now is despair. Relentless despair. That'll bring new fans to the game.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yes but when it's up here it's gonna be like this . One of those playing or a Pacific islands team would be better as a spectacle if you keep the status quo . What Scotland did to qualify in relation to the level they qualified for is unfathomable

Yes but when it's up here it's gonna be like this . One of those playing or a Pacific islands team would be better as a spectacle if you keep the status quo . What Scotland did to qualify in relation to the level they qualified for is unfathomable

Hopefully the recent shake-up across the Channel will see France as a stronger competitor. Although the 4 Nations concept is over for now, they need to play a bigger part in the international scene.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Scotland did well in the last world cup. Calm down a bit folks.

This is a flaw with the four nations over the old tri-nations - you bring in a whipping boy.

As long as the international structure means that the 4th team has very little experience of playing the top teams, yes. So, let's hope the new Confederations Cup set-up gives those nations more experience of playing the Big Three a bit more often.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hopefully the recent shake-up across the Channel will see France as a stronger competitor. Although the 4 Nations concept is over for now, they need to play a bigger part in the international scene.

Totally agree . With Catalans and Toulouse and the stronger French player presence around it has to be an area of strengthening at international level . The base is there they just need the games

As long as the international structure means that the 4th team has very little experience of playing the top teams, yes. So, let's hope the new Confederations Cup set-up gives those nations more experience of opposing the Big Three.

this is the 9th ranked team - hence the flaw.

You make mistakes at this level, you get punished every time.

We've seen it time and again in the recent WCC games, and very much in evidence here.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

this is the 9th ranked team - hence the flaw.

But they qualified by right. Can you imagine the protests if another team was put in?

Actually, you can. It'd be pretty much the same as the protests about Scotland being allowed to take part.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comeback on!

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived