1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 25 points or more
    • Australia by 13 to 24 points
    • Australia by 1 to 12 points
    • Draw
    • Scotland by 1 to 12 points
    • Scotland by 13 to 24 points
    • Scotland by 25 points or more

But they qualified by right. Can you imagine the protests if another team was put in?

Actually, you can. It'd be pretty much the same as the protests about Scotland being allowed to take part.

absolutely, not suggesting that.

Hopefully the confed cup will work better if they ever get round to organising it as even if it was 5n you would have a battle for avoiding bottom.

We pretty much know tge 4th team will lose all the games - how much is the question.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good passage of play at the end by Scotland. Still

Some entertainment in this game

to my earlier post, people (players and fans) just need to focus on the little things and enjoy them for what they are and almost forget about the scoreboard.

Also the Scots need to keep the score down as points diff will be crucial

If you espouse the theory about teams becoming battle-hardened over a series of matches, then facing Scotland first might be an advantage for the Kangaroos if it comes down to points difference.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

to my earlier post, people (players and fans) just need to focus on the little things and enjoy them for what they are and almost forget about the scoreboard.

I reckon, if some of this lot were football fans and Brazil were playing their local club 100 yards down the street, they wouldn't bother going because there's no point in watching some of the best players on the planet showing their skills.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Scotland aren't as good as Australia at RL. Who knew?

Entertaining first half.

As Brough said before the game "we just want to compete".....and that would be lovely....it's frustrating because they have 5min spells of doing things right then fluff it with a silly mistake letting oz get possession and stroll in a try again

Yes but when it's up here it's gonna be like this . One of those playing or a Pacific islands team would be better as a spectacle if you keep the status quo . What Scotland did to qualify in relation to the level they qualified for is unfathomable

Doesn't have to be though. In the first 4 nations, NZ were 16-12 up against France in the second half. France were only 8-0 down against Australia at half time too.

Instructive to look at crowds in 2009 and 2011. In 2011 we had 12k at Warrington for Aus v NZ and 10k at Leigh for England v Wales for the opening weekend, 34k at Elland Road for the final. In 2009, the opening weekend was England v France at Doncaster and Aus v NZ at the Stoop (12k apiece.) England v NZ at Huddersfield got 19k and 31k at Elland Road for England v Aus in the final. It's a shame that the lessons of the 2013 WC weren't learnt, but this event will quite likely still do better in terms of aggregate attendance than previous four nations events here.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Archived