Yet another pointless half

coolie

Concerning & alarming no points scored again.

120 minutes without a score

The nasty habit continues 

Can't blame the weather as every other team has managed to score barring halifax (who'll be going down the mountain in the second half)

Even christheram could score in a brothel ;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And, what happens when you come on, as a substitute, score the first try for the club in (effectively) nearly two games...... ????????????

For god only knows what reason, you get brought off by your Coach very shortly afterwards........... Anyone got any explanation ??????

Anyone got any explanation why, for the spectators' sake, we didn't change strip at half time ?????

It's all beyond me.......And, if this carries on, it will be a situation beyond saving for the club !!  I feel for the people who give so  much to the club, especially Mark Sawyer, and fear for our future.........802 there today was nothing short of a miracle -- but people won't keep turning up to watch the dross we are currently seeing.

1 hour ago, Therein73 said:

And, what happens when you come on, as a substitute, score the first try for the club in (effectively) nearly two games...... ????????????

For god only knows what reason, you get brought off by your Coach very shortly afterwards........... Anyone got any explanation ??????

Anyone got any explanation why, for the spectators' sake, we didn't change strip at half time ?????

It's all beyond me.......And, if this carries on, it will be a situation beyond saving for the club !!  I feel for the people who give so  much to the club, especially Mark Sawyer, and fear for our future.........802 there today was nothing short of a miracle -- but people won't keep turning up to watch the dross we are currently seeing.

Its aleright being a key board warrior and saying fcuk in public.The coach stood his ground for 10 minutes waiting to confront the questions and no one came forward.If you have the guts say it where it matters dont hide beyond a key board

So, I am now not allowed to express my thoughts without being dubbed a 'keyboard warrior'..... I assume that GM was in the Royal Suite afterwards, but as I choose not to go there I can't see where your argument holds water..........But, as a mere keyboard warrior, what do I know ???

Where else do I express my thoughts & feelings............. ??     Someone explain to me what a forum is for, if not exactly that ??

Jeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz..........................Screw it -- I'll stop off here         UTR 

At the end of the game I said to Schofield we should have taken the two points on 30 minutes. Not rude, didnt  swear, just deeply frustrated. And this was something I was telling my brother and friend all through the second half. A low scoring game, two points down, we had barely created a chance in 30 minutes and we pass up two easy points. GM was stood next to him and said "Come on mate". So not a keyboard warrior, but maybe GM should explain such a poor tactical decision which cost us a point.

My problem with Glen was he abused dual reg when he stated he wouldn't. People are entitled to their opinion. It's a fans forum and people care about the club. If I was in the bar I'd of happily told him my feelings after last week. I was dissapointed last weekend he left 2 or 3 Dewsbury lads out for wakefield players.  Aslong as nothing what gets said is nasty or personal I don't see the point in having to go see him. 

24 minutes ago, Therein73 said:

So, I am now not allowed to express my thoughts without being dubbed a 'keyboard warrior'..... I assume that GM was in the Royal Suite afterwards, but as I choose not to go there I can't see where your argument holds water..........But, as a mere keyboard warrior, what do I know ???

Where else do I express my thoughts & feelings............. ??     Someone explain to me what a forum is for, if not exactly that ??

Jeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz..........................Screw it -- I'll stop off here         UTR 

You're entitled to you're opinion 

40 minutes ago, Therein73 said:

So if you are not a keyboard warrior then ask for a 1 to 1 with Morriison and explain your views but you wont because you are like the rest of these  moaners on here. NO BOTTLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! to face the coach

1 hour ago, scally said:

So if you are not a keyboard warrior then ask for a 1 to 1 with Morriison and explain your views but you wont because you are like the rest of these  moaners on here. NO BOTTLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! to face the coach

I see the argument from both sides but these are fans who are entitled to their opinion. Nobody as been personal or nasty to Glen. I've spoke to Glen on many occasions and he's a decent guy. Listens to people. As time for the fans. It's the fans who go on at him yet have never even spoke to the guy who equaliser and yourself mean. Last week I was upset at him for abusing dual reg. I said last week I've nothing personal against him. If I was in the bar I would of happily spoke to him and told him why I was dissapointed last weekend. Atleest today we played no dual reg players and saw a better team spirit too.

Water into wine and all that!!  ..... give Morrison a decent scrum half and he would do a decent job .... When Thacks was weaving his magic GM was highly regarded .. he is not a bad coach .. he is not a great coach ... he is an OK coach!    But its like driving a car with only 3 wheels ..... it won't go the way you steer it!!

If we don't get a decent No 7 ... we will be relegated!  

So .... just why don't we have a decent No7??????    thats the real question. 

I certainly think that the team miss the contribution that Damien Gibson brought. That is not to say that Schofield isn't a decent coach but Damien was definitely more experienced both in playing and in being coached. Morrison's coaching and game management style is very forward focussed, the backs don't appear to be given any direction, hence the frustrating lack of ideas or invention.

And folks criticised fev allegedly spending 50k on a half back...

Would you rather have had the 50k and be ar se end of the league.... or kept thacks????

Seems to me the criticism was unfounded given the contribution a decent 7 makes to a team....

You miss thacks much more than fev miss any alleged 50k.

Decent 7s are thin on the ground

10 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Would you rather have had the 50k and be ar se end of the league.... or kept thacks????

Seems to me the criticism was unfounded given the contribution a decent 7 makes to a team....

We'd have loved to have kept Thackeray but what can you do when he gets offered a far better contract by Fev,his words not mine. Mark Sawyer our chairman told Thackeray about the offer and he said he wanted to go,the rest is history.

8 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

We'd have loved to have kept Thackeray but what can you do when he gets offered a far better contract by Fev,his words not mine. Mark Sawyer our chairman told Thackeray about the offer and he said he wanted to go,the rest is history.

you can match the offer..

Yep...I know, we are impoverished, poorest team in the UK and yes I do like sending other peoples money, but If you don't you run the risk of Championship 1 and the finances that come with that..as we are seeing....

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

The budget decides who Glen Morrison can sign. We are a scrum halfcaway from a decent side, but it is a big gap and Im sure GM kniws this as well as anyone.

I'd perhaps suggest we are a scrum-half away from being an average side that might win a few games by turning possession into points - and thus could be optimistic about avoiding relegation.

We are a scrum-half, stand-off and 2 centres away from being a decent side that could expect to win more games than it loses.

But I understand the bit about the budget.

1 hour ago, XIII Ram said:

I'd perhaps suggest we are a scrum-half away from being an average side that might win a few games by turning possession into points - and thus could be optimistic about avoiding relegation.

We are a scrum-half, stand-off and 2 centres away from being a decent side that could expect to win more games than it loses.

But I understand the bit about the budget.

I'd say Crookes and Sykes are good centres myself 

There's no doubt the players are good & committed, their commitment has never been questioned 

It's what has been accomplished with them in its current form..

In a Paul Daniels voice 

"not a lot"

A few creditable performance's against "big teams"

Some diabolical performance's against "little teams"

Now we're looking down the fixtures to see who we can beat..and again "not a lot"

Like I have always maintained we cannot play 2 games to the same intensity on the bounce.

Yeah weather yesterday was atrocious and big pats on the back for all those who played on both sides. 

After the thumping at Rochdale I expected us to raise our game

Question is did we which to most reports raise our game from the previous week..and still couldn't win??

That's worrying if so

We need a halfback bottom line,we need structure bottom line,we need consistency bottom line.

And we've almost reached bottom line ;)

4 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Thackeray told me Fev had made him an offer he couldnt refuse. His wife had just had a baby, so perfectly understandable he would want to go. So overall it was a lot more than £50K. Our chairman runs the club in a sustainable way. We havent had multiple winding up orders or a chairman publicly wanting out like Mark Campbell. Fev bet the kitchen sink on the Middle 8s, it paid off, enjoy the good times, but dont pitch ut as a way to run a club.

It wasn't me doing the criticising when we signed Thacks or me saying my club needs a 7 right now is it?? It's a reasonable question to ask given the position of either club.... cos without Thacks I don't think we'd be able to signed another 7 of quality which would have affected the league position....

4 hours ago, NickD said:

you can match the offer..

Yep...I know, we are impoverished, poorest team in the UK and yes I do like sending other peoples money, but If you don't you run the risk of Championship 1 and the finances that come with that..as we are seeing....

Also you need to consider the TEAM aspects of this.

You and your mate work alongside each other, he is a bit more experienced and is the Team Leader.  He gets £14 per hour and you get

£10 per hour and you accept this difference because of the responsibility.  A rival Company offers him £40 per hour to leave and your Company

matches this to keep him.  He is now on 4 times your rate doing the same job. Your thoughts as part of the team? Your motivation to continue is?

I addition please accept that there is a Salary Cap and we are spending up to it. We are not impoverished and I am sure that there are 3 or 4 clubs

below us in spending terms.  We are spending what WE ARE ALLOWED and what WE CAN AFFORD.  If anyone can offer a substantial increase in

our Income (Or a suitable Guarantee) we will increase the spending to the allowed level.  Even if you 'Run the risk' there is no guarantee of success.

We have to manage with what we have, the Coach was given a Budget, has the players that he wanted to sign and he has to make the situation work.

Archived