Staring to get worried

Big Yin

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Not worried in the slightest.  We knew fine well what this season was for us; one of consolidation and rebuilding. There's was one of all out spend and promotion. 

They're gonna be disappointed 

I'm not worried in the slightest as when they win or lose isn't really my concern. We are roughly where I expected we would be, I temporarily had my hopes lifted pre season but the defeats to Newcastle & Gloucester dampened these again. When we decide to play we are good enough to push for the play offs but the consistency just isnt there yet.

Haven had a good win today and they are where I expected them to be before the season started. 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

haven will be the ones with problems when the season is ending and players moving on or wanting out and with most of the best locals already at town and most of the remainder have already been and tried haven and will not be keen on going there again .

7 hours ago, Town Army said:

A positive guess it negative guess? Either way Haven are winning games and in a good league position. Couple of points off the top. Barrow loose in Canada and Haven keep winning makes it all very interesting 

Haven just not in the same street as the raiders

Haven will probably finish somewhere between 3rd and 5th and that will give them problems, both in players and financially

They won at Hunslet by a point. In comparison to the teams Town have played - Newcastle beat Hunslet easily and won a low scoring game V Gloucestershire. I'd be happy if Town won at Hunslet by a point, but that wouldn't be a result that would put us up there as a promotion winning team

In my opinion weve competed pretty well so far,in fact i was more concerned during the off season than i am now.Weve cut our cloth accordingly,unlike some teams whos directors will be touching cloth if they keep having to pay winning pay.

We have visited barrow where they have visited south wales. We also gifted them 2 pts. Things will even out over the season.  Given the two clubs different approaches to the season there's nothing really suprising so far.?

Not worried at all. Our league position will hopefully at the moment will make anyone on the playing side realise that there are no gimmies in this league, we should have beaten Haven and were close against Newcastle so we to could be 4 wins from 5 but we're not. Long way to go and i fully expect a play off position at the end of the season and see where that takes us....utt

Always had Haven finishing 3rd this season with the money they have spent . Unfortunately for them Toronto will go up and Barrow are light years a better team than them . Would like to think Barrow could give Toronto a shock and win the title . The league though apart from the top 2 is quite competitive and i expect a lot of close games to come . 

Our season will be defined by our win rate against the southern teams.

Win the majority of them and a few home victories against the traditional clubs and we will finish maybe 6 or 7.

Even 8 will do, but outside that, the first half of the season will be have been a massive failure, and the second half will test even the diehards resolve.

Archived