Batley predictions at summer bash.

graham fisher

Well we meet the t'old enemy once again,this time on a neutral ground.

Tbh I think Batley will have the upper hand in this game. They've got Wayne Reittie and Shaun Ainscough back whereas we've only Dale Morton as a recognised winger. I think the wider pitch will suit them more than us.

My team injuries permitting.

Guzdek

Morton

Sykes

Squires

Glover

Kain

Moore

Sheriffe

Ward

Toby Adamson

Walshaw

Spicer

Brown

Subs

Tonks

Stringer (if fit)

Teanby(if fit)

Day

Rams 16

Batley 22

FTS Glover

Att - not many

It would be nice to put a bit of a showcase on with it been the finale, can't see that somehow.

Usually the games are very close. My first Batley game was Boxing day the year Dewsbury were champions. You had a much better side yet it was a very tight game. The Derby element seems to have a real effect in our matches.

If the good weather continues I think it will be high scoring. As you say Graham, Wayne Rettie is important as he is a great finisher. 

I think it will be the best game of the weekend-  it always is for me anyway.

5 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Btw I meant Aaron Brown at loose forward and not James Brown ??

Or Alex?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, Niels said:

Usually the games are very close. My first Batley game was Boxing day the year Dewsbury were champions. You had a much better side yet it was a very tight game. The Derby element seems to have a real effect in our matches.

If the good weather continues I think it will be high scoring. As you say Graham, Wayne Rettie is important as he is a great finisher. 

I think it will be the best game of the weekend-  it always is for me anyway.

If it is high scoring then the only winners would be Batley - our creativity has been woeful this season and, in the absence of Moore, is unlikely to improve. If it turns out to be a dour, uncompromising battle, then we might just have a chance. Ned and PD are turning things around but the results won't be instantaneous. 

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Congratulations again. I did say it would be close.

I must admit Graham, I thought the same. It was a disappointing game. However Dewsbury looked to have some good young players. 

You have a good experienced coach who is used to beating Batley. I thought the comments at half time were very pertinent. Andy Kelly talked about winning whereas Diskin spoke about it not being entertaining. 

9 minutes ago, Niels said:

Congratulations again. I did say it would be close.

I must admit Graham, I thought the same. It was a disappointing game. However Dewsbury looked to have some good young players. 

You have a good experienced coach who is used to beating Batley. I thought the comments at half time were very pertinent. Andy Kelly talked about winning whereas Diskin spoke about it not being entertaining. 

What? Andy Kelly is now back too!

Apart from the first couple of minutes of the second half we were the better team and thoroughly deserved the victory. Upped the pace in both attack and defence and Sykes made a huge difference when he came on. UTR

Crown Flatter, Batley to score 30.the way they played today they will not score 30 points in the whole of June.Dewsbury deserved their win,at least they put the effort in.Batley played like they had been on the beer all afternoon.

If we had a goal kicker we might have sneaked that but I agree you were the better of the two worst teams of the weekend! I bet the championship one clubs are shaking like a shitting dog lol

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

43 minutes ago, jeff the ex ref said:

An excellent second half performance. Anyone know what's happened to Alex Brown and Gareth Potts?

Brown has a fairly serious knee injury I understand and Potts is still struggling with the rib injury that he got a while ago.

Pleased for the fans that went and cheered the team on.Even Neil C.and the silly balloon  thing on his head.

Toby Adamson gave his all.Yes BSJ as did Dale Morton.He was unlucky with two decisions in first half.

Great try from Aaron Brown.Good effort from the young Trinity lad at fullback.

Wasn't the best quality of games but i think it was a shame the likes of eddie hemmings had to slag the game off like he did at the end.He is roaring his eyes out at the thought that  the Bulls might get relegated.   

Well, I really enjoyed that! I've not heard any of the TV commentary - and sometimes its best not too. I thought Ram's did fantastically well to claw themselves back into the game when Batley could've got away from then. I was particularly pleased with Toby Adamson's performance ...but that was a victory for team spirit. Batley on the other hand looked quite brittle. Great win.

Nice bit of work by Ned to get his brothers Richard (Wakey) and Andy (Giants) to let Hooley and Hayes join Dewsbury on Duel Reg. I thought they both had really solid games and got better and better as the game went on.

2 hours ago, fairfolly said:

Crown Flatter, Batley to score 30.the way they played today they will not score 30 points in the whole of June.Dewsbury deserved their win,at least they put the effort in.Batley played like they had been on the beer all afternoon.

Thank you for reminding me that I was so wonderfully wrong. 

Comments on here saying they were two poor teams must have watched the game on television and were, perhaps, misled by the commentary team, as I thought it was a thrilling tussle.

The result could have gone either way and Brambani missing the penalty kick st goal showed how nerve shattering it was. Now showing no bias here (truly), I thought the best TEAM won with some great defensive work, along with excellent displays from Brown and Adamson. I reckon Sykes must have got the MoM award as he was being interviewed after the game.  I must try and see the televised game, if only to find out why we were penalised when Brambani missed that kick.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

9 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Thank you for reminding me that I was so wonderfully wrong. 

Comments on here saying they were two poor teams must have watched the game on television and were, perhaps, misled by the commentary team, as I thought it was a thrilling tussle.

The result could have gone either way and Brambani missing the penalty kick st goal showed how nerve shattering it was. Now showing no bias here (truly), I thought the best TEAM won with some great defensive work, along with excellent displays from Brown and Adamson. I reckon Sykes must have got the MoM award as he was being interviewed after the game.  I must try and see the televised game, if only to find out why we were penalised when Brambani missed that kick.

Yes I watched the game on telly, and yes it was pretty woeful if you were a neutral. Result wise though, it was much needed, and it's better to win ugly than lose I suppose. Baz Mac is usually quite positive about the championship, but even he seemed to have lost the will to live - as I suspect have a few dfogs supporters. Pleased Brown looks to be finding the form he showed in his first season, and Adamson looks a different player without his brother. Let's hope for a few more wins, ugly or otherwise.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

19 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

Yes I watched the game on telly, and yes it was pretty woeful if you were a neutral. Result wise though, it was much needed, and it's better to win ugly than lose I suppose. Baz Mac is usually quite positive about the championship, but even he seemed to have lost the will to live - as I suspect have a few dfogs supporters. Pleased Brown looks to be finding the form he showed in his first season, and Adamson looks a different player without his brother. Let's hope for a few more wins, ugly or otherwise.

Didn't go. Didn't see it so gotta be careful, but while many are saying best team won I note they scored three tries, we scored one.   I'm guessing we still need to improve on some aspects of our play?

Archived