Batley predictions at summer bash.

graham fisher

8 minutes ago, NickD said:

Didn't go. Didn't see it so gotta be careful, but while many are saying best team won I note they scored three tries, we scored one.   I'm guessing we still need to improve on some aspects of our play?

We do. But one big positive was our second half display. Normally we collapse. Yesterday we improved.

3 minutes ago, NickD said:

Didn't go. Didn't see it so gotta be careful, but while many are saying best team won I note they scored three tries, we scored one.   I'm guessing we still need to improve on some aspects of our play?

We played smarter. If Batley had kicked their goals of course it would have been a different story. They committed so many errors and seemed to confuse high intensity and tempo with rushing plays and trying to score on every tackle. Our lads did really well to hang on, especially when you consider we were patched up with 2 young debutante and players out of position.Agree with other posters that Toby A and Aaron Brown looked back to their best. Would have been interesting to see what sort of impact our elusive Mr Moore would have made.

Like I posted about Luke Adamson, team and team spirit come before any individuals. Losing Crookes, Adamson and Kain in a week and still winning, remarkable effort. Next Sunday is another big game.

And missing Stringer, Moore, Spicer, Brown, Potts, Gudzek.

Where is Squires? Is he injured or one of the 'disappeared'. After watching the Bash on the TV I am glad that we won, but Swinton looked good against Sheffield and will be hard to beat at their place. Bradford will be a tussle also if they can hold Hull KR to one point differance. Still a lot of improvement required from Rams but I am hopeful.

9 hours ago, myview said:

Where is Squires? Is he injured or one of the 'disappeared'. After watching the Bash on the TV I am glad that we won, but Swinton looked good against Sheffield and will be hard to beat at their place. Bradford will be a tussle also if they can hold Hull KR to one point differance. Still a lot of improvement required from Rams but I am hopeful.

Foot injury, according to Ned last week.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 minutes ago, EQUALIZER said:

Dont care how bad it looked.You start playing attractive rugby when you start winning often.

Depends on who's the coach - I can think of at least one who didn't subscribe to that philosophy.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

On 2017-5-29 at 9:50 AM, NickD said:

You are correct Nick, it was 3 tries to one, but, without doubt the Rams deserved to win. 

Tactically, your guys got it spot on. Keep it tight and keep pressuring us and we will fall apart, lose our discipline and make errors.

Watching highlights just now I gotta say that Brownies try reminded me of the way he looked that first season.  Let's hope he can kick on and keep fit. 

Gotta say too that the Doggies tries were all well taken.  

42 minutes ago, NickD said:

Watching highlights just now I gotta say that Brownies try reminded me of the way he looked that first season.  Let's hope he can kick on and keep fit. 

Gotta say too that the Doggies tries were all well taken.  

their kicks were even better...well taken :)

On 29/05/2017 at 11:07 PM, myview said:

Squires is in america on holiday

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 6:17 PM, coolie said:

their kicks were even better...well taken :)

from behind the sticks.... I actually...well we actually thought one of your kicks sailed wide of the posts..

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

44 minutes ago, RPH said:

from behind the sticks.... I actually...well we actually thought one of your kicks sailed wide of the posts..

A number of kicks st goal were awarded when I thought they should not have been and the opposite also applied, but. I do not recall seeing any of Glover's sailing wide of the posts. I don't have the facility of checking whether you are correct or not. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

44 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

A number of kicks st goal were awarded when I thought they should not have been and the opposite also applied, but. I do not recall seeing any of Glover's sailing wide of the posts. I don't have the facility of checking whether you are correct or not. 

I think it was the conversion for the try.....everyone was amazed when the touchies gave it....doubt there are highlights ?....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Archived