17 Jun: CCQF: Warrington Wolves v Wigan Warriors KO 3pm

1 minute ago, redjonn said:

mmm yep and whilst your comment may be "tongue in cheek" but the pass to the winger giving him no chance of avoiding touch was the major error that gave Wigan the opportunity for Bateman try.   When I watch Warrington they always seem to have someone doing something mental when they are in control... ball errors happen but the brain errors for want of a better description are the killers that they always seem to have many more of than one would expect.

I thought Jullien was very good today but he ballsed up at a key time. We had just got level and he threw the hospital pass to Lineham and he went in touch.

Unnecessary plays.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only saw the last ten minutes on my phone in a carpark, so I won't give you chapter and verse. We shouldn't have gone for goal from halfway, that was a low percentage play. I was surprised how much time Thaler let run off the clock : Burgess kicked out on the full on 77.15 and the clock wasn't stopped until 78.52. Even then, we should have sorted out the dropgoal.

Congrats Wigan, just the middle 8s for us to enjoy now.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

You scored four tries but the two soft ones conceded ultimately cost you...

Or the one dodgy one?

Or the toothless attack. 

When you lose you have always conceded and can blame defence.

2 minutes ago, Aldo1980 said:

Feels like quite a harsh assessment, although, admittedly, he has wracked up a healthy number of Super League games by now (including last year's Grand Final) to understand game management

It may be harsh - but tbh with 60 seconds to go and a dg needed there is pretty much a tried and tested script to follow. The rest of the players involved got it. One player didnt.

When he is watching the first couple of drives he should be focusing on his part. He didnt, and rarely does imho.

It was there in HD.

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

When Smith's gone and Wire learn to defend it might be your year 

:sleep:

"I don't want to insult the Australians (but) I am like, 'These guys are some damn idiots'. Nobody plays football without pads every week for three, four or five months and don't make any money. At least in the NFL, you are going to kill yourself and . . . you get to be a millionaire after it's over."

NBA legend Charles Barkley

Exciting game, especially towards the end, but not a great game.  Whatever tomorrow's result and whatever the draw, can't see Wigan getting to Wemberlee. Discipline too poor, Leuleui not the man he was. Sam has a long way to go, too.

21 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Exciting game, especially towards the end, but not a great game.  Whatever tomorrow's result and whatever the draw, can't see Wigan getting to Wemberlee. Discipline too poor, Leuleui not the man he was. Sam has a long way to go, too.

Not sure...wigan got some key men back And they will only get better, they are capable of winning these one off games...

1 minute ago, Hullfan said:

What a performance by Sam tomkins Englands number 1 he's a absolute superstar super sam

Come even most wiganers will say they prefer Escare at 1 this year. He did put in some excellent passes in the run up to 3 of the tries but bombed quite a few things too. 

I'd put money on him being in the halves next year when Leuluie retires. 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I thought Jullien was very good today but he ballsed up at a key time. We had just got level and he threw the hospital pass to Lineham and he went in touch.

Unnecessary plays.

Compound that by flying out of the line to let Bateman ghost past him. Double whammy!

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Yeah im not sure what they include in that stat. Looking at the team sheets and the back lines - conceding 4 tries to Wigan is to be expected. 

Based on the stats we should have scored more.

Can't score more Dave if you keep spilling the flipping ball!! ?

I do think that was part of the Wigan game plan tbh. They know we spill the ball on a regular basis so we're told to apply the pressure to the ball in the tackles. Fair play to them, if you earn a reputation like we have a at the moment, top of the error count, teams will rightfully target it. 

You know what though, although being gutted we are out of the CC, even though I expected it, I saw many positives from the game. 

Hopefully we can start to turn things around now. Hard luck lads.

4 hours ago, Aldo1980 said:

Nah, that would be papering cracks. I was hyper critical of the official but, some calls you get, some you don't (although i'm still bemused HOW the TJ didn't see it, and if he did, WHY he didn't call it)

It was a tight game and, as Dave T alluded to, Patton fluffed his lines on the 4th tackle play in the last minute. His decisions on that play made everything that followed a more difficult effort.

How do you know he didn't and was over-ruled by Thaler.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

4 hours ago, Hullfan said:

What a performance by Sam tomkins Englands number 1 he's a absolute superstar super sam

Sam created space for Wigan's centres to break through, what they have missed all season, and probably won the game for Wigan by doing so, I'll take that!

Even though our utter, unquestioned dominance in the sport has ended, all Wiganers believe that we are really just indulgently letting the other teams win for a while in order to make it more interesting.

Stuart Maconie, Cider with Roadies

"cause people often talk about being scared of change but for me I'm more afraid of things staying the same cause the game is never won by standing in any one place for too long"

Nick Cave

just caught up on this.....crikey, why did ratchford think he could nail that penalty from the half way line and then how did Patten miss that DG.....jeez, wire must be kicking themselves tonight (if they don't manage to miss)

Only just seen it, been away.  Great game, well two great games.  Cig paper between them.  Would Kevin Brown have made the difference had he been fit.

Wigan are getting their players back and looking formidable.

Twice Wire fouled Wigan players on the free play.  IMO this sort of behaviour nullifies the intention of the free play and should be punished with a yellow.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

19 hours ago, chuffer said:

just caught up on this.....crikey, why did ratchford think he could nail that penalty from the half way line and then how did Patten miss that DG.....jeez, wire must be kicking themselves tonight (if they don't manage to miss)

Im not upset with the ratch attempt. He got the distance and was pretty close. We'd probably have won if it was a couple of metres to the right.

Im pretty peed off about the dg but even that would only have seen us play golden point, although we were on top at that point.

Archived