Another car attack.

Someone drove a van into pedestrians outside a London mosque.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 killed and 8 injured.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Lone wolf with mental health issues, nothing to be learnt about their wider environment.

These things write themselves now.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

13 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Lone wolf with mental health issues, nothing to be learnt about their wider environment.

These things write themselves now.

That's not how the BBC are reporting it.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

12 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

That's not how the BBC are reporting it.

I've seen some (The Independent for example) using the language of a traffic incident, nothing more.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Do we even know what "this" is yet?

He's been arrested on suspicion of murder.

The police are treating it as a terrorist attack. 

The BBC are reporting;

Neil Basu, the Met Police's deputy assistant commissioner as just given a media briefing.

He said: "This was an attack on all Londoners and we should all stand together against extremists whatever their cause."

The mayor is calling it a terrorist attack.

"This" at the very least, appears to be a man driving a car deliberately into a crowd of people with the intent of killing people.  I don't know how you stop "this".

Nobody can form any useful idea about stopping "this" until the motives of the perpetrator are known. He allegedly said, "I want to kill Muslims," which, based on statistics of violent deaths among Muslims, suggests that he's a Muslim.

11 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

There was a lot of confusion over this.  It wasn't immediately clear what had happened and many were reporting it as a drunk driver while other claims were that the driver was actually a Muslim. It's only recently become clearer what exactly has happened and I was following it most of the night without being any the wiser. 

Fair enough.

Once over it would have been shocking, but nothing is shocking anymore. I suppose it was only a matter of time before someone carried out some kind of "revenge" attack. 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

7 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Once over it would have been shocking, but nothing is shocking anymore. I suppose it was only a matter of time before someone carried out some kind of "revenge" attack. 

According to news reports this morning, quite a few such 'revenge' attacks have been foiled in recent months.

19 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Let's hope dickheads of all persuasions are foiled.

A statement I think we can all get behind.

Awful to read of this this morning.  If only the media could give things like this 'bottom of page twelve with not even a paragraph' coverage perhaps those with such publicity driven motives may be less apt to carry them out.  Stand together over there.

9 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

Awful to read of this this morning.  If only the media could give things like this 'bottom of page twelve with not even a paragraph' coverage perhaps those with such publicity driven motives may be less apt to carry them out.  Stand together over there.

Trouble is, you'd get the self-chosen spokesmen for their Muslim communities and The Daily Mail, the self-appointed spokesperson for the moral majority, complaining that there was a huge cover-up about what was really happening on the streets.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Just now, Wolford6 said:

Trouble is, you'd get the self-chosen spokesmen for their Muslim communities and The Daily Mail, the self-appointed spokesperson for the moral majority, complaining that there was a huge cover-up about what was really happening on the streets.

Yup, no easy answers either way.  Though I think we can all agree the level of sensationalism needs to be curtailed.

25 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Theresa May has already been there  but was heckled by Corbyn's rent-a-mob. That's my opinion so cannot be wrong.

And you know this because?

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

45 minutes ago, JohnM said:

That's my opinion so cannot be wrong.

Just to check: you do know that's Saintslass you're mocking, right?

Archived