Vince Farrar R.I.P

Maureen T-k

WE are mourning the loss of club legend Vince Farrar, who has died at the age of 70.

Farrar, a Great Britain international and Challenge Cup winner with Featherstone, made his debut for the club back in 1965 and went on to make more than 300 appearances in Rovers colours.

The towering forward, who played hooker and prop, coached Featherstone from 1981 following stints with Cronulla Sharks, Hull FC and Sheffield Eagles.

READ more here: https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/rovers-mourn-legend-farrar-oMuX5

Im Fev and im proud

22 minutes ago, Maureen T-k said:

WE are mourning the loss of club legend Vince Farrar, who has died at the age of 70.

Farrar, a Great Britain international and Challenge Cup winner with Featherstone, made his debut for the club back in 1965 and went on to make more than 300 appearances in Rovers colours.

The towering forward, who played hooker and prop, coached Featherstone from 1981 following stints with Cronulla Sharks, Hull FC and Sheffield Eagles.

READ more here: https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/rovers-mourn-legend-farrar-oMuX5

Shocking news. Thought I hadn't seen him at the Sharlo games recently. Salt of the earth. Condolences to all the family. RIP.

1 hour ago, saddleworth said:

Shocking news. Thought I hadn't seen him at the Sharlo games recently. Salt of the earth. Condolences to all the family. RIP.

He'd been in and out of hospital the last few months, I'm absolutely gutted, he was a gentleman, rugby hero and legend. Condolences to his family 

Im Fev and im proud

Known him for donkey years. A great bloke, wonderful player and a guy with a great sense of humour. RIP Vince you have left us with some great lasting memories. Condolences to his family from Pat and I.

Loved Vince as a friend and a hero. Such an unassuming man who never thought he was special but we as fans knew what he brought to the team. RIP old friend and condolences to your family.

Another stalwart of the game and more to the point Rovers gone. A true gentleman and quality player, who I am sure will be missed by his family and the community .RIP Vince

I loved Vince as a player, but also as a man. He typified many great players- A hard man out on the pitch, but a real gentleman off it.

He was Mr. Featherstone, and never away from the club before he took ill. I had many a chat with him on away days when he used to act as timekeeper. It was a sad day when the RFL insisted on neutral timekeepers, thus robbing Vince of the job he loved doing.

From David Farrar 

The details for my Dads funeral are as follows:

Monday 31st July 
10.30 at Featherstone Methodist church
11.40 at pontefract crematorium 
Then onto Featherstone Rovers to continue the celebration of his life ?

Collection for Heartbeat of sport 

Im Fev and im proud

1 hour ago, jamescolin said:

When I was a lad the Caswells were a Featherstone family who moved to Halifax. Ronnie, and George were brothers.  Any relation.?

No my father Malcolm was born in Earl street in Featherstone and then lived on fearnley street off station Lane, we moved towards Selby with the pits as Ackton Hall Colliery shut some 30 years ago, same village as Vince ironically.

11 minutes ago, Lee Caswell said:

No my father Malcolm was born in Earl street in Featherstone and then lived on fearnley street off station Lane, we moved towards Selby with the pits as Ackton Hall Colliery shut some 30 years ago, same village as Vince ironically.

I can remember your Dad coming to Dublin with us on ferry on a trip that Fred Lavine organised, your Dad was green in the gills 

Im Fev and im proud

1 minute ago, Maureen T-k said:

I can remember your Dad coming to Dublin with us on ferry on a trip that Fred Lavine organised, your Dad was green in the gills 

I'll mention it to him, he's one of those men that will say he remembers being there even if he can't?! Was it a Rugby trip or just days away?

31 minutes ago, Lee Caswell said:

I'll mention it to him, he's one of those men that will say he remembers being there even if he can't?! Was it a Rugby trip or just days away?

We were mainly all rugby fans, but just went on a short break that Fred organised when he had the Junction pub 

Im Fev and im proud

Archived