Sam Brooks

Monkeymagic22

Been at Fax and Whitehaven previously. Came through Wigan academy. Two props signed in recent weeks, so as you say, probably to cover the gaps in we won't be getting Jack and Baldy.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

The kind of forward we can take a chance on.With Griff and Moore approaching the end of their careers i have said all season we have been short of another forward,think bossy would have a greater impact off the bench as he used to,too often this season he has had to start.

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Doubt he will get much game time for you lot to be honest. I were amazed when Widnes signed him, not a chance he was ever good enough for SL.

Aye, but when Alex Mammone is making the 19-man squad of a top 4 team, it shows how slim the pickings are for depth at prop.  Fact is we need another body at prop for the 8s with Baldwinson and Ormondroyd's availability dubious and I very much doubt he was expensive. As you've found with Tangata, an untimely injury really tests your depth at this time of the season.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Aye, but when Alex Mammone is making the 19-man squad of a top 4 team, it shows how slim the pickings are for depth at prop.  Fact is we need another body at prop for the 8s with Baldwinson and Ormondroyd's availability dubious and I very much doubt he was expensive. As you've found with Tangata, an untimely injury really tests your depth at this time of the season.

Have you seen Mammone play? I think Ive only seen him a couple of times or so this season and he reminds me of Calahane but without the footwork and gets bent in two when he takes the ball up. Other than that I cant judge but sounds like you know more?

1 hour ago, elppaxr2i said:

Hes not even in the squad

In todays Yorkshire Post it says that JS may give him his debut. Only quoting what was said. I had read the squad names but wondered if some change was being made after the signing..

19 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Have you seen Mammone play? I think Ive only seen him a couple of times or so this season and he reminds me of Calahane but without the footwork and gets bent in two when he takes the ball up. Other than that I cant judge but sounds like you know more?

Not really but he played against us at The Shay earlier this season so yes I've seen him play. Probably unfair as I was using him to make a general point as Fax's best two props seem much better than the other guys you have.

9 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Not really but he played against us at The Shay earlier this season so yes I've seen him play. Probably unfair as I was using him to make a general point as Fax's best two props seem much better than the other guys you have.

Without a doubt, our two main props are on a different level to the rest of our props and most props in this league to be fair although we have had a couple of loan lads do well. To be fair to him he picked up a nasty fractured cheekbone so never really got time to settle but from what I have seen unless he learns how to move hes going to be like a slightly moving tackle bag.

17 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

Blue Ox hows your guys holding up ,have you got many injuries coming into this game or are you at full strength and are you confident of beating us ?

Still a few injuries, Tangata out again and Saltonstall looking done for the season, looks like we have Fairbank coming back who we have missed and Woodburn-Hall missing so Heaton will be playing although Marshall played him on the wing last time out despite not having another recognised centre in the team. Not confident of winning but then again I never are going to Fev but I would hope we give you a decent game. I think you will have too much for us as it seems you might be in better form than us.

Ultimately only time will tell as I don't think any of us has seen much of him. I would doubt that he will play this week as he will need to learn l the plays and structures. Will be interesting to see if he turns out to be a high calibre signing?

Archived