Batley V Oldham MOM

redditchbulldog

Here we go  into  week 26 as the mighty Dogs are back at home against Oldham looking for another win to keep them in home position for semi final. So get your votes in after the game , remember need your 1, 2,3 , as usual voting open for a week for those at the game home and away supporters , DVD watchers  .  Its getting quite close at the top as Dave Scott has taken a narrow lead with Patch and Lillycrop breathing down his neck for the crown of the forums player of the season with just a handful of games left.

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

Brambani  only spark in the second half

Manning

The Cas forward Maher?

Lost our way after 20 mins

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Dom

Cowling

Manu

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

brambani, looked to a turned the clock back 3 years today,

manning, a workhorse yet again while some  had put the que down.

scott, he did his job under the high balls and brought it out better than some full timers do.

as for second half, you couldent a thrown a game away better if you had tried.:download: you could see oldham were saving plenty for down the slope and it worked well, why we rest a big yard maker for any game i dont know ,but it sure did bite us today. onwards and upwards.

Cowling

Manning

Farrell

i normally go for the creative players, but for the last 60 minutes,we created a battle for ourselves where the above 3 always come to the fore. 2 opportunities to take a drop goal in the last 5 minutes turned down too????

frustrated, but we are a 5th/6th placed team after all.

5 hours ago, M Hopkins said:

Can't believe it lol. Scott can't break an egg. He gifts 2 try's away and still gets on MOM list for some. He's decent at catching a high ball and support play that's it. He's not in the same league as some of our past full backs (Greenwood, Preece).

scottys a decent players and always puts 100% in every game, just look how he brings the ball out at pace every time,i think hes great for us and most players have an off day now and again, lets be right one a your mom dropped  balls or went to ground in good areas and missed couple kicks that would a won the game.  were still doing ok for now,,onwards n upwards.

7 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

Totally agree with you silverback One of my nominations for player of the year. Always reliable under the high ball and scored dome cracking tries.

it also gives confidence to the other players knowing hes safe at back of them, cracking player that he his my vote will be elsewere for player of the season and a lad who will do us good for a few seasons yet too,best signing for a long time  as a workhorse.:ph34r:

There is no need for personal attacks on players and in this instance on Dave Scott .

He set up Crookes try with a great pass to put him in, scored a try himself , caught every high ball that came his way  and returned well. 

Yes ,he threw an intercepted pass which I am sure he did not mean to do.He is not the first to do so and will not be the last. It looked like he was trying to put Day through a gap. 

Your comment ,Hopkins ,on not able to break an egg- well to be able to line break  the team needs to create space  through well executed plays. No one can break through a line at will. At the moment he is the second top try scorer in the team.

We should be very supportive of the players we have and devisive  and unsubstantiated comments are  unhelpful.

I missed the majority of the first half, arriving just after Oldham scored. Was Dave Scott to blame for that try M Hopkins? The only thing I can pick him out for is the interception pass but I'm not sure he's really at fault for that. What I saw was him taking anything thrown at him cleanly and pushing on. Sometimes I feel it's how the individual perceives the role of a fullback. Some demand full throttle attack and to be top of the pile for meat pies. I much prefer the strong positional knowledge and defence. I should point out that I feel Dave Scott ticks all the boxes and must have done something consistently right to win our forums' mom award last year in his first season with us.

Anyhow, how I saw the game unfold having seen no Batley tries I will plump for: 

Manning

Cowling

Scott

And just while I'm here can I point out that M Hopkins is not Mandy Hopkins. I, doggystyle, am Mandy and I am sick of getting stick off people for what they believe to be my posts which in fact are nothing to do with me. The M is for Michael not Mandy. 

I don't think this should be turned into a witch-hunt just because a member doesn't rate a particular player in one game! I seldom pick Brambani, Rettie,, Walker et al as their performances I expect I look for something above the norm in my MOM nomination. And whilst I agree Scott is as solid as I've ever seen in a defensive fullback I'm sure we can agree if he was a little taller and faster he'd be in Superleague! 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived