Swinton away - - - - Sunday - - - - - Sale

clifford

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best team won, today was the end of a really poor season, I felt that the players had the ability but a very narrow game plan became easy to defend against. 

I feel that the coach will walk and we'll be back at whitebank 

At least we won't need passports. 

5 minutes ago, Connor mcb said:

I don't think this relegation is Scott naylors fault but I think he will walk out but if he doesn't he has to go. Bring Alan hunte in for next season. Its now up to Chris Hamilton to stop a mass exodus of our better players (Tyson). Hope we bounce back up

Isn't Tyson on 2 year deal? Is there a clause?

If there is one good thing to come out of today hopefully oldham will play in oldham next season. if we were getting crowds of 6-700 in the championship i dread to think the average in the bottom tier, less away fans less home fans, probs 3-400.

Hope whitebank is the new home.

For all those blaming naylor, i dont think thats fair..he can only work with the players he has, and lets face it, they aint good enough.

As a Swinton fan I have to say I personally feel for you Oldham fans,like us you keep your club going in very difficult circumstances and I wish the three of us could have stopped up together but sadly it wasn't meant to be.I hope you regroup and are back in this division in 2019 stronger and better.

I have to say disappointed as I am that over the course of the season the table doesn't lie, Swinton play some nice rugby that is pleasing to watch (even against my team) we just didn't turn up when it mattered. 

I've felt a lack of clinical finishing has been our achilles heel all season, it proved to be the case today. We had some good possession and couldn't score. You can't afford to do that in this league.. 

I just hope we can hold on to a nucleus of our better players 

4 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

As a Swinton fan I have to say I personally feel for you Oldham fans,like us you keep your club going in very difficult circumstances and I wish the three of us could have stopped up together but sadly it wasn't meant to be.I hope you regroup and are back in this division in 2019 stronger and better.

Thats very kind of you, but many are wondering if there will even be an Oldham RL club next season. We will almost certainly lose the coach, and with a fan base in the low hunders and a chairman with less money than oliver twist, the omens dont look good.Added to that Bradford will be in league 1 next season.

1 hour ago, OLD YED said:

That was garbage..clueless.

Round of applause for Hamilton ...im not blaming scott.think he will walk now.And i wish to god hamilton would too.

Oh yes people are queuing down the street to take over from CH aren't they. 

7 minutes ago, Yed17 said:

Oh yes people are queuing down the street to take over from CH aren't they. 

Not now, thats for sure, they might have been, before he run the club into the ground, ..

ps that includes scaring off every potential invester with his pig headedness.

As long as speccy is getting is wage he be reet, he wont be going anywhere.

As a Swinton fan - I thought Oldham controlled large periods of the game, certainly most of the first half, the Oldham pack was tremendous - but the half backs didn't create an awful lot. Obviously the score flattered Swinton and it must have been a tense affair on field and I personally think no player goes out to lose and on the day Swinton won - but that was not down to lack of commitment from Oldham players, just better execution by Swinton when it mattered.

Best of luck for next season, on and off the field.

15 minutes ago, wayne_r said:

As a Swinton fan - I thought Oldham controlled large periods of the game, certainly most of the first half, the Oldham pack was tremendous - but the half backs didn't create an awful lot. Obviously the score flattered Swinton and it must have been a tense affair on field and I personally think no player goes out to lose and on the day Swinton won - but that was not down to lack of commitment from Oldham players, just better execution by Swinton when it mattered.

Best of luck for next season, on and off the field.

This was my reading of the game too.

58 minutes ago, jroyales said:

On Oldham Community Radio CH was asked about his position and he said he is going to think about what he intends doing.

I feel as Old Yed has said will there be a professional club in Oldham next season?

As a Lion I hope to god there is 

27 minutes ago, chiefgeneral said:

The whole club needs a fresh start from top to bottom and that includes Hamilton stepping aside. 

Are people available to do that - NO

Has Hamilton to well to keep afloat - YES

The club is a shambles

Maybe the answer is to look up the road at Rochdale which I understand is a fans owned and run club and see if your wonderful fans can do the same or similar.I as an outsider looking in would be inclined to agree that your club needs a fresh start.

12 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

Maybe the answer is to look up the road at Rochdale which I understand is a fans owned and run club and see if your wonderful fans can do the same or similar.I as an outsider looking in would be inclined to agree that your club needs a fresh start.

It's a good idea but we need to get rid of the poisoned apple that is already there. That's not going away any time soon 

Sorry to see you going down. As a Hornets supporter the Oldham games were always the most important of the season. If only Swinton Oldham and Hornets could have stayed up. We needed Bradford and Dewsbury going down.

Get rid of Hamilton and form a supporters club as we have done at Hornets. 

All the best next season (except in the Law Cup) and get back at the first go.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

20 minutes ago, tandle said:

you have got to remember that hornets where  equal owners of spotland and where bought out by Rochdale afc I would think for a nice amount this was last season so how long will this money last ?.

Absolutely wrong. The previous administration mortgaged their share of the stadium against a loan from the RFL and then went under. The RFL took the 47.5% share in the stadium company in lieu of the debt. The reformed supporters co-operative had to negotiate a tenancy lease with the the football club to play at Spotland. The RFL sold ITS share of the stadium back to the football club and as part of that process, the supporter-owned co-operative renegotiated a 25 year tenancy lease. The co-operative has NEVER owned a share in either the ground or the stadium company and runs on a prudent budget based on its projected revenue for the forthcoming year. So the 'Nice Amount' you speak of doesn't exist. It won't 'last' us at all because it doesn't exist. We live week to week, hand to mouth like pretty much every other part-time club. Indeed we ran on the Championship's smallest budget this year and managed to stay-up.  Supporter ownership and prudent financial management works for us - other clubs should try it.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

19 minutes ago, tandle said:

you have got to remember that hornets where  equal owners of spotland and where bought out by Rochdale afc I would think for a nice amount this was last season so how long will this money last ?.

We were equal owners until we fell on hard times and our Shares were given to the RFL. They eventually sold them to Rochdale AFC who now own the ground. We got nothing from the Dale and currently are tenants on an extended lease.

If we can survive as a supporters owned club you could as well. You could even get back into Boundary Park without Hamilton. Oldham Football club are not flush with money and would be stupid to turn down rental income. 

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

I've floated the idea of a fan owned club several times down the years,fans tend to like the idea but take it to a body with abit of clout,the supporters groups,club etc...and you'll get chased away..

250 fans paying £25 a month membership,for which you get a season ticket,discount on merchandise,voting rights etc..will put £75,000 a year into the club...and that's just 250 fans

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Archived