Wolfpacks new signings

Not sure what happened to this thread - leave the forum for a few days to focus on work and it all seems to go to hell...:rtfm:  (no idea what this emoticon is but it seemed representative of the last pages)  I am assuming Frog is another troll of the kind the forum moderator posted a sticky about.

On the issue of signings I have heard not a peep.  Robert, I am thinking TWP are looking to perhaps sign a couple so they can have another big media splash.  I would think it soon since seasons are starting to wrap up.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Captain Survival said:

Not sure what happened to this thread - leave the forum for a few days to focus on work and it all seems to go to hell...:rtfm:  (no idea what this emoticon is but it seemed representative of the last pages)  I am assuming Frog is another troll of the kind the forum moderator posted a sticky about.

On the issue of signings I have heard not a peep.  Robert, I am thinking TWP are looking to perhaps sign a couple so they can have another big media splash.  I would think it soon since seasons are starting to wrap up.

Not a troll. Just too much Sauvignon Blanc to be honest. Canabull shot me down with his droll replies anyway. 

I'd be very surprised. He's rejected NRL offers owing to the fact he didn't want to move his family. He's probably on a good wedge, already helps to coach the Wigan U19s and has an offer for a bigger coaching role once he retires. He surely has one more year left in him and then he'll be a "one club man".

Stranger things have happened though.

14 minutes ago, andyscoot said:

I'd be very surprised. He's rejected NRL offers owing to the fact he didn't want to move his family. He's probably on a good wedge, already helps to coach the Wigan U19s and has an offer for a bigger coaching role once he retires. He surely has one more year left in him and then he'll be a "one club man".

Stranger things have happened though.

He might not have to move his family.  Just commute to Yorkshire and spend part of the year in Canada.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Those are the kind of logistics which have been ironed out this season.  Just this weekend we've had requests from Adam Sidlow's wife to send photos of him from this first season so she can make a collage for him; she got an overwhelming response I'm happy to say!  Whilst there have no doubt been challenges from a family point of view, they as a family have have embraced the opportunity, the city, the club and the fans; taking them all to heart in such a positive way as much as we appreciate the sacrifices they have made to bring RL to Toronto and Canada.

I think it will become an even more sought after chance in future.  Who wouldn't want to be in a world class city with a great club setup and an awesome fan base?

25 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Rumours of Andy Ackers,the London Broncos hooker joining Toronto.

Surprising as he wasn't in the list of 5 or so players named as leaving just the other day.

Not sure mate, but he is leaving London.......sounds like it's to return north though. 

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/barthau-ackers-granted-broncos-release/

20 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Not sure mate, but he is leaving London.......sounds like it's to return north though. 

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/barthau-ackers-granted-broncos-release/

or he's  Toronto player already apparently?

http://www.totalrl.com/torontos-impressive-recruitment-continues-capture-ackers/

52 minutes ago, Captain Survival said:

Great catch but I have not seen anything official from TWP yet on this....

Yeah not sure whats going on as it's been mentioned in a few podcasts and articles, maybe they have a few others they are finalizing and will announce them all together like last time? Still waiting for the M62 shattering signing that's supposedly coming

11 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

Yeah not sure whats going on as it's been mentioned in a few podcasts and articles, maybe they have a few others they are finalizing and will announce them all together like last time? Still waiting for the M62 shattering signing that's supposedly coming

Is there still an earth-shattering signing on the cards? I thought Dave Taylor was the headline signing? (maybe not M62 shattering but he is box office).

4 hours ago, damp squib said:

Is there still an earth-shattering signing on the cards? I thought Dave Taylor was the headline signing? (maybe not M62 shattering but he is box office).

Taylor certainly had a number of encores before the disciplinary audience at Red Hall,while playing for Catalans.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

7 hours ago, damp squib said:

After Taylor was signed RobertAM was told on the champions boat cruise that a signing will be coming that will shock the UK, we now await the news patiently 

17 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

After Taylor was signed RobertAM was told on the champions boat cruise that a signing will be coming that will shock the UK, we now await the news patiently 

14 hours ago, Damien said:

If Wigan don't bump up their contract offer it will be Sean O'Loughlin. 

It will not be shocking by the time it actually gets announced.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

1 hour ago, cookey said:

O'Loughlin realistically is too injury prone,for a big contract anywhere.You are just as likely to get five games per season from him,as twenty five.Very good player but never on the field.

I tend to agree. I am a huge O'Loughlin fan and think he is very underrated and isn't even properly appreciated by some of his own supporters. However his body seems to be very fragile now and Wigan are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Do they pay big money for a very good hometown player, who is also the captain and has been very loyal, or do they not spend a big chunk of their salary cap on a player who may miss loads of games through injury? 

2 hours ago, cookey said:

O'Loughlin realistically is too injury prone,for a big contract anywhere.You are just as likely to get five games per season from him,as twenty five.Very good player but never on the field.

Yeah but he is exactly the type of player Toronto could do with. Wheel him out for the big games to get them promoted. They won't need him to play 30 games a year

Ackers and Joe Westerman confirmed.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Archived