Sign in to follow this  
RL is the future

20 Oct: England v Affiliated States - World Cup warm-up game (Merged threads)

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Really? ?

Combined Affiliated States Squad
1. Stephen Widders (Rockingham Coastal Sharks, WA)
2. Jordan Jacob (South Perth Lions, WA)
3. Tusiga Losi (Waverly Panthers, Vic)
4. Ben Taylor (North Beach Sea Eagles, WA)
5. Arana Masoe (Northern Thunder, Vic)
6. Delane Edwards (Fremantle Roosters, WA)
7. Brandon Purcell (Central Districts Roosters, SA)
8. Benjamin Bolth (Rockingham Coastal Sharks, WA)
9. Andrew Jeffrey (Rockingham Coastal Sharks, WA)
10. Paul Jennings (Katherine Cowboys, NT)
11. Brandon Taua’a (Casey Warriors, Vic)
12. Bradley Gibson (Fremantle Roosters, WA)
13. Jarrod Thompson (Fremantle Roosters, WA)
14. Terry Constantinou (Sunbury Tigers, Vic)
15. Scott Jones (South Perth Lions, WA)
16 .Gillespie Fai (Joondalup Giants, WA)
17. Tere Kaue (Western Districts Warriors, SA)
18. Jerome Edwards (Palmerston Raiders, NT)
19. Tiaan Wilkins (Sunbury Tigers, Vic)
20. Jake Busby (Central Districts Roosters, SA)

Come in Spinner or should I say Spidey.

It is the most useless game I have ever seen a Test team play in my life and I am getting on.

Were England so worried about playing a competitive team after playing Italy in the build up a few years ago that they decided to play a team that is comprised of amateurs that no one has ever heard of.

• Haha 1

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

7 minutes ago, Allora said:

Come in Spinner or should I say Spidey.

It is the most useless game I have ever seen a Test team play in my life and I am getting on.

Were England so worried about playing a competitive team after playing Italy in the build up a few years ago that they decided to play a team that is comprised of amateurs that no one has ever heard of.

Wow, so after making these same points 5-10 times in the other thread, you are seriously going to do the same in this one? Glad you have so much spare time.

At the end of all this, do you see the TotalRL community as influential enough to put its collective hands up, say 'fair kop mate' and convince the RFL to cancel the fixture at a day's notice?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I highly doubt that someone at the RFL has said "Affiliated States, please can we play you in Perth in October?" Far more likely, they asked the ARL to find us someone to play in Perth as a warm-up and this was the ARL's idea. But that doesn't fit Allora's moan.

The World Cup organisers have presumably said no to competing countries playing each other in any of the world cup locations as a warm-up. Which is why we see Scotland & Samoa playing "country under-23s" in Wagga and Ballina, Australia playing 40-minute games in Fiji etc. etc.

The Scotland game is being livestreamed on facebook, BTW.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, JonM said:

I highly doubt that someone at the RFL has said "Affiliated States, please can we play you in Perth in October?" Far more likely, they asked the ARL to find us someone to play in Perth as a warm-up and this was the ARL's idea. But that doesn't fit Allora's moan.

The World Cup organisers have presumably said no to competing countries playing each other in any of the world cup locations as a warm-up. Which is why we see Scotland & Samoa playing "country under-23s" in Wagga and Ballina, Australia playing 40-minute games in Fiji etc. etc.

The Scotland game is being livestreamed on facebook, BTW.

When is that one on?

1 hour ago, Allora said:

Its played in Perth with 10 Western Australian players. Its a low key game to help England with its combinations and blow away some cobwebs as well as a showcase for local players to get fans through the door and give them someone to cheer for.

58 minutes ago, philipw said:

When is that one on?

19:00 local time, 9:00 UK.  Looks like the Country RL and the locals in Ballina are doing a grand job hosting the Scots.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JonM said:

19:00 local time, 9:00 UK.  Looks like the Country RL and the locals in Ballina are doing a grand job hosting the Scots.

Is that tomorrow?

Is anyone else getting a broadcast on the Ourleague dashboard now?

Edit: Its stopped now but Sky Sports Main Event was broadcasting on there.

Edited by scotchy1

I read somewhere it is a game of 4x20m quarters and unlimited interchange.  Very much a run out with result of no importance to a England (assuming we don't ship lots of points....)

20 minutes ago, Charlie RL said:

I read somewhere it is a game of 4x20m quarters and unlimited interchange.  Very much a run out with result of no importance to a England (assuming we don't ship lots of points....)

or sam etc don't pick up any injuries

• Thanks 1

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

Strong run on team. Literally.

No one is going to look forward to playing against that pack, and the likes of Hall, Bateman, Watkins and McGillvary add extra power. 

Edited by Man of Kent

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Strong run on team. Literally.

No one is going to look forward to playing against that pack, and the likes of Hall, Bateman, Watkins and McGillvary add extra power. 

Sorry, not agreeing with you in not having a centre playing in the centre. 

Also, Lomax missing from the 24, it was stated all players would be given a run out, is he injured?

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Also, Lomax missing from the 24, it was stated all players would be given a run out, is he injured?

It'll be played in quarters with unlimited interchange, so as soon as Bennett has seen what he wants from a combination, he'll take them off.

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Fair enough.

I think we can see the thinking, though. Power and defensive solidity. 

1 minute ago, B rad said:

Is there an alternate stream? Cant watch it because I'm not a member.

It's free to sign up

• Thanks 1

Interesting allocation of squad numbers for England. 

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

19 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Fair enough.

I think we can see the thinking, though. Power and defensive solidity. 

Never heard the saying "attack is the best form of defence" 

Umpteen previous GB/England coaches over the last 30odd years have thought that playing forwards in the back line is the best policy, not really done us that much good,  unless you count the series against a poor understrength Kiwi team.