League 1 Fixtures delayed for another 2 weeks .fixtures , signings , other clubs building and events and developments

Anonymouse

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ChunkyOnion said:

Wouldn'###### be good if you could import the fixtures into your phone calender without having to type them individually. 

Looking forward to the new season now the fixtures are out.

You can do that with Towns fixtures see latest tweet Chunky , it was in hand but a late glitch stopped it getting announced with the fixtures at 12...?

Calendar and fixtures synced...well done to all involved 

Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

18 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

Doncaster continue signing Super League experienced players as ex Castleford and Wakefield  Outside back Richard Owen signs .

He became absolutely and totally awful then lost the plot. A lot of these signings are names, and link ups that seem good but may look better than they are . We’ll see how things pan out 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

He became absolutely and totally awful then lost the plot. A lot of these signings are names or seem good but may look better than they are 

he does say he hopes to get back into enjoying the game again , which is similar to what Foster is also  saying , players sometimes do lose their way or become disillusioned with the game and then try again .

He’s got a much longer road back than Foster I think . He lost his way  to such an extent that his form collapsed to the point he tumbled down the levels and no one wanted to play him then had all kinds of issues . And he punched Father Christmas which is unforgivable ...Foster pretty much just needs remotivating but didn’t lose his ability or his head . Lots of clubs are signing up numbers but I still don’t think anything is terrifying around us  

11 minutes ago, DavidM said:

He’s got a much longer road back than Foster I think . He lost his way  to such an extent that his form collapsed to the point he tumbled down the levels and no one wanted to play him then had all kinds of issues . And he punched Father Christmas which is unforgivable ...Foster pretty much just needs remotivating but didn’t lose his ability or his head . Lots of clubs are signing up numbers but I still don’t think anything is terrifying around us  

I thought you were joking! :)

Owen also had a really bad injury as well which may have enhanced his state of mind

Players do fall out of love with the game, its cited as one of the causes of reduced player numbers. They may have played RL from the age of 7 say, and just want a change. Its a physical sport with no hiding place

41 minutes ago, shaun mc said:

Owen also had a really bad injury as well which may have enhanced his state of mind

Players do fall out of love with the game, its cited as one of the causes of reduced player numbers. They may have played RL from the age of 7 say, and just want a change. Its a physical sport with no hiding place

serious injuries can have a damaging affect on some players mental and physical health and knock their confidence and ability for six and some pull through in determination and sheer grit and others are unfortunately not able to recover altogether and reluctantly leave the game .

20 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

Knights have announced the signing of hugely SL experienced forward Graeme Horne .

That's an impressive signing for the knight's,  they have gotta be right up there among the favourites up to press.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

14 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

That's an impressive signing for the knight's,  they have gotta be right up there among the favourites up to press.

It’s a solid signing, wouldn’t say it’s a great signing. Graeme has always been dependable without being spectacular. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

2 hours ago, wonky said:

It’s a solid signing, wouldn’t say it’s a great signing. Graeme has always been dependable without being spectacular. 

Yeah but if you put it in the context of the rest of their squad I'd still say it is a great signing. 

Call it solid if you want to be pedantic. It is still positive for their promotion prospects.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

16 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Yeah but if you put it in the context of the rest of their squad I'd still say it is a great signing. 

Call it solid if you want to be pedantic. It is still positive for their promotion prospects.

Not being pedantic at all, but graeme Horne is a long way from a ‘great’ signing for anyone. I agree they’ll be strong, and should be top 5. 

4 minutes ago, wonky said:

Not being pedantic at all, but graeme Horne is a long way from a ‘great’ signing for anyone. I agree they’ll be strong, and should be top 5. 

I'll go with that --- he's hardly a prolific try scorer - solid rather than spectacular. It does illustrate just how sides in the M62 corridor have that geographic advantage over satellite clubs like Town. In spite of that let's not forget that York recently flirted with extinction , so hope springs eternal.

9 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

totally agree , if this was a town signing then people on here would be sounding off how great an acquisition it is . Need to keep things real , he will be a big help for their promotion push .

2 hours ago, wonky said:

Ok we will agree to disagree, I like him and although he's not a Jarrod Sammut type spectacular signing I'd have him up here at the back of our pack. He does a lot of things right from what I remember of him.

11 hours ago, Seaton Sandy said:

I'll go with that --- he's hardly a prolific try scorer - solid rather than spectacular. It does illustrate just how sides in the M62 corridor have that geographic advantage over satellite clubs like Town. In spite of that let's not forget that York recently flirted with extinction , so hope springs eternal.

Off topic and talking of extinction, I see haven have avoided another high court winding up order over there tax

3 minutes ago, Sticklebricks said:

Off topic and talking of extinction, I see haven have avoided another high court winding up order over there tax

Don’t you be going off topic on here sir, they’ll have you for it. 

Archived