World rugby league

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy behind it appears to be the administrator whose financial "irregularities" got Greece in trouble with the RLIF. Now he's posting badges of imaginary member organisations from every country he can think of. Of course, the RU-managed breakaway RL competition in Italy jumped on board.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yeah, not good for our code. Trouble is genuine nations starting out Brazil, Greece getting misguided. Romania never heard before guessing union wanting to play league. Georgia as we know was there rugby union simply wanting to play some tests but not have domestic comp.

I'm surprised they haven't got the UAE on board too, given their recent behaviour.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 hours ago, londonrlfan said:

It's some union thing trying to discredit the RLIF's Sports Accord application. 

It certainly is

14 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I'm surprised they haven't got the UAE on board too, given their recent behaviour.

They will as soon as they can have a word with there union friends in the UAE

3 hours ago, West Leeds Riviera said:

Don't quite see what there is to gain from this

Spite and revenge?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

17 hours ago, winnyason said:

Yeah, not good for our code. Trouble is genuine nations starting out Brazil, Greece getting misguided. Romania never heard before guessing union wanting to play league. Georgia as we know was there rugby union simply wanting to play some tests but not have domestic comp.

The Brazilian RL isn't connected to the "World Rugby League", and no evidence of the Romanian rugby league seems to exist apart from the logo on their website. Most of the nations this group claims are members either don't seem to exist apart from a logo on their site or they do exist but aren't actually connected to the WRL.

Steve Mascord  did an article on this group a while ago and found that the WRL is basically the Greek RL, who have a dodgy bloke running them, they were angry about their lack of say about how the RLIF is run and were constantly whinging about how they didn't have the same amount of input that the ARLC and RFL get and then it turned out that this bloke was doing some dodgy business in the Greek RL and they had a run in with the RLIF about it (as Futtocks said above), so they broke off from the RLIF and started their World Rugby League with the RU run Italian rebel group the LIRFL who realised that they had no chance of being recognised by the RLIF so join this group to stir more then they could stir just by being a rebel league in Italy.

Anyway there was a bit in the Steve Mascord article where after a test between Ukraine and Russia he asked the guy who runs the Ukrainian RL about it and he had never heard of the WRL, so Steve showed him the logo they were using on their website and he said that wasn't a Ukraine RL logo and that he'd never seen that logo before, it shows the sort of people you're dealing with when it comes to the WRL.  

This mob thought tiny is having a negative affect on the development of Rugby League. A recent Facebook post sasys they have met with Sport Accord and also plan to operate as a subsection of "World Rugby"

World Rugby League

Under the auspices of World Rugby League we are delighted to be hosting the Lega Italia Rugby Football League at the World Famous Jinnah Stadium In Islamabad, the capital of Pakistan. The historic event falls in line with our meet with the Global Association of International Sports Federations (GAISF) and the criteria for affiliation set out by them working with rugby bodies affiliated to their respective national bodies. The visiting Italian RL squad have provided certified documentation demonstrating that they are the only official recognised rugby league body in Italy who are affiliated by the Italian National Olympic Committee (CONI).

Despite a number of email correspondence and requests to meet with RLIF official, up till now they have not taken up our offer to meet. 
We will continue to request to meet to ensure our great game gets the exposure and recognition it truly deserves.
wrl remains open to discussion of any kind of democratic solution with other boards that have the interest in creating a unified border that follows the criteria of GAISF and is formed by national federations recognized by the law of their own governments.
a unified international body in the interest of the rugby league sport, which has no preclusions on any type of rugby code.
so maybe one day you can create a credible world cup ,that is made up of nationals that reflect the development of rugby league movements in each country.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

3 minutes ago, flyingking said:

This mob thought tiny is having a negative affect on the development of Rugby League. A recent Facebook post sasys they have met with Sport Accord and also plan to operate as a subsection of "World Rugby"

World Rugby League

Under the auspices of World Rugby League we are delighted to be hosting the Lega Italia Rugby Football League at the World Famous Jinnah Stadium In Islamabad, the capital of Pakistan. The historic event falls in line with our meet with the Global Association of International Sports Federations (GAISF) and the criteria for affiliation set out by them working with rugby bodies affiliated to their respective national bodies. The visiting Italian RL squad have provided certified documentation demonstrating that they are the only official recognised rugby league body in Italy who are affiliated by the Italian National Olympic Committee (CONI).

Despite a number of email correspondence and requests to meet with RLIF official, up till now they have not taken up our offer to meet. 
We will continue to request to meet to ensure our great game gets the exposure and recognition it truly deserves.
wrl remains open to discussion of any kind of democratic solution with other boards that have the interest in creating a unified border that follows the criteria of GAISF and is formed by national federations recognized by the law of their own governments.
a unified international body in the interest of the rugby league sport, which has no preclusions on any type of rugby code.
so maybe one day you can create a credible world cup ,that is made up of nationals that reflect the development of rugby league movements in each country.

I would be surprised if a single rugby league journalist is willing to address this issue.

Sadly Greece gets mentioned a lot whenever this comes up.  Yes, the guy involved with it happens to be Greek, but in Greece, he struggles to find  dozen players and has not played a match under his umbrella for over 6 months.

The RLEF-aligned Greek RL is a genuine movement and is doing quite well, with a stable 4-team competition and the national team recently returned from a tour to Serbia where they played a match against Bulgaria and Serbia with 100% domestic players.

This is their page:  https://www.facebook.com/rlgreece

12 hours ago, The Great Dane said:

The Brazilian RL isn't connected to the "World Rugby League", and no evidence of the Romanian rugby league seems to exist apart from the logo on their website. Most of the nations this group claims are members either don't seem to exist apart from a logo on their site or they do exist but aren't actually connected to the WRL.

Steve Mascord  did an article on this group a while ago and found that the WRL is basically the Greek RL, who have a dodgy bloke running them, they were angry about their lack of say about how the RLIF is run and were constantly whinging about how they didn't have the same amount of input that the ARLC and RFL get and then it turned out that this bloke was doing some dodgy business in the Greek RL and they had a run in with the RLIF about it (as Futtocks said above), so they broke off from the RLIF and started their World Rugby League with the RU run Italian rebel group the LIRFL who realised that they had no chance of being recognised by the RLIF so join this group to stir more then they could stir just by being a rebel league in Italy.

Anyway there was a bit in the Steve Mascord article where after a test between Ukraine and Russia he asked the guy who runs the Ukrainian RL about it and he had never heard of the WRL, so Steve showed him the logo they were using on their website and he said that wasn't a Ukraine RL logo and that he'd never seen that logo before, it shows the sort of people you're dealing with when it comes to the WRL.  

Yeah rugby getting lower and lower it seems 

Hello guys.

I'm Dimitri from Athens Greece and I started playing Rugby League a year ago.

It is confusing me what I read recently. 

I play for one of the Athens teams and my club is a member of the Federation. Some of my teammates played for the National vs Italy in May in Athens. Recently I found out that another national played in Serbia. What is going on is bad for the game. We need unification, not war.

It is not six months from our last game. Even 10 days ago we played matches. New teams are formed. Two big and historic multisport clubs play in our competition: A.O.Kavala and A.E.K. Athens. Juniors started too. So please do not spread false information. 

I do not know much about the international game, but I know that what we do here is good and legal. I've seen with my own eyes the letters from the Ministry and all the licencies on the government websites. I had to do that after what I've read this last month. Now I'm sure. I am also aware about a court that will take place next month. Is it good for the game? Provocation causes reactions. Reactions cause an outcome. What will it be? Is it responsible not to follow National Laws? What will happen if some people loose the court issue? Do someones look for "martyrs"? This is not what we need. 

Instead of accusations and calling names, we should better sit on the same table with all the papers and laws, to find common solutions. We have more problems outside. People do not know our sport. If we had 8 or 10 teams championship, we would have more chanses to make Rugby League known to the public. Now we have two small championships with little development. Is it good? I do not seek for enemies. Rugby Union is small here. We know the guys and they are nice. I do not consider them as enemies. I know also some of the guys who play out of the federation. They are good guys too. Why should we fight each other? Everyone can play what he likes more. League or Union or both.

Please guys, try to contribute to unification and not to another war.

14 minutes ago, Dimitri said:

Hello guys.

I play for one of the Athens teams and my club is a member of the Federation. Some of my teammates played for the National vs Italy in May in Athens. Recently I found out that another national played in Serbia. What is going on is bad for the game. We need unification, not war.

It is not six months from our last game. Even 10 days ago we played matches. New teams are formed. Two big and historic multisport clubs play in our competition: A.O.Kavala and A.E.K. Athens. Juniors started too. So please do not spread false information. 

I do not know much about the international game, but I know that what we do here is good and legal. I've seen with my own eyes the letters from the Ministry and all the licencies on the government websites. I had to do that after what I've read this last month. Now I'm sure. I am also aware about a court that will take place next month. Is it good for the game? Provocation causes reactions. Reactions cause an outcome. What will it be? Is it responsible not to follow National Laws? What will happen if some people loose the court issue? Do someones look for "martyrs"? This is not what we need. 

Instead of accusations and calling names, we should better sit on the same table with all the papers and laws, to find common solutions. We have more problems outside. People do not know our sport. If we had 8 or 10 teams championship, we would have more chanses to make Rugby League known to the public. Now we have two small championships with little development. Is it good? I do not seek for enemies. Rugby Union is small here. We know the guys and they are nice. I do not consider them as enemies. I know also some of the guys who play out of the federation. They are good guys too. Why should we fight each other? Everyone can play what he likes more. League or Union or both.

Mate you need to take the rose coloured glasses off. League and union won’t work together, in particular large nations such as New Zealand, Australia, England and have a read of forbidden game that’s gives you idea of hate in France. 

There been stories of undermining in Russia when game exploded there, uae.

Guys may genuinely want to work together but once IRB get wind of union working with league there stop it. No doubt Italy development has stalled with this fighting there around given,

but don’t be fooled union won’t work with league not other way around. 

35 minutes ago, Dimitri said:

Hello guys.

Union will never work with league. They will always try to undermine the sport

2 hours ago, Dimitri said:

Hello guys.

The rebel organisation is actively undermining efforts to grow rugby league. There has been one rugby league body that has run rugby league for a very long time. Perhaps you should investigate the rugby league World Cup and other events to learn about the sport.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_League_World_Cup

http://www.rlif.com/

http://www.rlwc2017.com/

http://www.rlef.eu.com/index.php

http://www.asiapacificrl.com/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_league

Archived