Challenge Cup 6th Round Draw (Merged Threads)

"Shall we get the lovely Hannah to hold the balls?" ?!?! :ohmy: :blink: 

I think some of our southern friends may have needed subtitles for Jamie Jones Buchanan's pre draw comments, Josh Charnley came across quite well saying he wanted to try the challenge of RU bit "It wasn't for me.".

Draw coming up...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Chris Evans and Radio 2, along with Dave Woods are genuinely doing a really good job of promoting the game. Great stuff.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Hull KR v Wigan Warriors

Cas Tigers v St Helens

Toronto Wolfpack v Warrington

Leigh v Salford

Featherstone v Hull FC

Catalans v Whitehaven

Widnes v Leeds Rhinos

Huddersfield v Wakefield

A lot of positive coverage before the draw from Chris Evans and his team.   Talking it up like a National event rather than the usual token ‘small-time’ unresearched comments...   not listened to Radio 2 before (now I’ve turned 40 I guess it’s mandatory) but Evans is a casual Warrington fan and occasionally watches from the North Stand.   Some nice work - Josh Charnley comes across extremely well.   Unfortunately JJB as much as I love his personality did reinforce the flat cap ‘n’ whippet northern thing a little IMO (without intending to).

Draw:

Hull KR vs Wigan

Castleford vs Saints

Toronto vs Warrington 

Leigh vs Salford

Featherstone vs Hull FC

Catalans vs Whitehaven

Widnes vs Leeds

Huddersfield vs Wakefield

Lots of Super League clashes to look forward to!

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

Cas v Saints and Toronto v Wire are the pick of the round for me!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Dave Woods "Featherstone last won the cup in 1973" :rolleyes:

That'll do me Dave.

Just now, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Finally, a non-SL team for us. It's taken a few years! But a very strong Fev side away could be a slip up.

Is the Toronto game at Manchester?

Despite being drawn first, Toronto automatically play as the away team in the Cup, so I'd assume it'll be at Warrington.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cas v Saints will be the main TV pick I would have thought - Nice start to FC's campaign to retain it for a 3rd consecutive year although Fev won't be a pushover ;)

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

5 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Hull KR v Wigan Warriors

Cas Tigers v St Helens

Toronto Wolfpack v Warrington

Leigh v Salford

Featherstone v Hull FC

Catalans v Whitehaven

Widnes v Leeds Rhinos

Huddersfield v Wakefield

Just one home win then...maybe.

Cas vs Saints and Widnes vs Leeds for me (as TV games).

Think Widnes despite the injuries will see a home tie against Leeds as the chance to prove they are no easy beats.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

Just one home win then...maybe.

I think there are some tough to predict ties there.

It's a good draw, and very much looking forward to the battle of the Wolfs.

Just now, Dave T said:

I think there are some tough to predict ties there.

It's a good draw, and very much looking forward to the battle of the Wolfs.

Wolves shirley...:smile:

1 minute ago, Feverly Hills 90210 said:

Good draw for both teams that. Hope you fetch plenty

I'm sure we will. One of the closer away grounds and one we don't get to visit very often, start of our "threepeat" attempt. Should be a couple of thousand head over. What's capacity these days?

3 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

When are the games to be played?

2nd weekend in May if it's the same as last year.

Just now, MZH said:

I'm sure we will. One of the closer away grounds and one we don't get to visit very often, start of our "threepeat" attempt. Should be a couple of thousand head over. What's capacity these days?

If it's not on the telly I reckon there'll be near double that travel from Hull mate.

Archived