• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

I think its time for a league two

That league is trying to tick too many boxes.

We need a proper development league.

I agree Tex but there’s rumours of central funding for L1 being pulled. How would L2 be financed?

rldfsignature.jpg

2 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

I think its time for a league two

That league is trying to tick too many boxes.

We need a proper development league.

I agree but Coventry, Hemel and West Wales need to be playing teams like York, Keighley and Whitehaven to improve. Skolars have been in the system since 2003 and have just recently started to be competitive in League 1.

It's no good them playing each other in League 2, getting promoted then getting beat every week in League 1 by established teams

I haven't even got to page 2 and some people on here are talking tripe. Disrepute?  Embarrassment? I take it the teams you all support have never been tonked before? Granted not by that scoreline but seriously? Bulls had 66 put past us and still won the title. It happens. I for one want the club to continue and go from strength to strength. They are struggling. Please keep going. In addition what about the professionalism of York. They want to go up and didn't take their foot of the pedal.

Keep going WWR and well done knights.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

1 minute ago, Mumby Magic said:

I haven't even got to page 2 and some people on here are talking tripe. Disrepute?  Embarrassment? I take it the teams you all support have never been tonked before? Granted not by that scoreline but seriously? Bulls had 66 put past us and still won the title. It happens. I for one want the club to continue and go from strength to strength. They are struggling. Please keep going. In addition what about the professionalism of York. They want to go up and didn't take their foot of the pedal.

Keep going WWR and well done knights.

Hull have managed to ship 70+ twice in play off games. 

rldfsignature.jpg

1 minute ago, Mumby Magic said:

Exactly and what gets me is because they are an expansion club Ive heard a bulls fan say throw them out the league? For what getting stuffed? If it was Leeds however I'd understand :)

Bulls fan behind me at the game today was saying to his mate about what good does that do RL. It was League 1. It gets next to no press coverage. The only people who will know will be RL fans. The big worry now is what the Bulls will do next week. They will want to win the title and won’t want to risk losing out on points difference. I just hope WWR can regroup and at least get through the season.

rldfsignature.jpg

2 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Bulls fan behind me at the game today was saying to his mate about what good does that do RL. It was League 1. It gets next to no press coverage. The only people who will know will be RL fans. The big worry now is what the Bulls will do next week. They will want to win the title and won’t want to risk losing out on points difference. I just hope WWR can regroup and at least get through the season.

Tough one. I wish we weren't playing them to be fair. Personally, although every club is in it for themselves, I love a couple of teams to lend them a player or too from the fringes of their squad. I know it won't happen but.

Do I want the Bulls to try for a scoreline the same. My head says yes and heart says hell know.

You watch us lose next week.

For me WWR or Scorpions are as much part of the game as Swinton or Donny. I want best for the game. Any club who want to play semi pro in TGG deserve support and big "raps".

5 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Tough one. I wish we weren't playing them to be fair. Personally, although every club is in it for themselves, I love a couple of teams to lend them a player or too from the fringes of their squad. I know it won't happen but.

Do I want the Bulls to try for a scoreline the same. My head says yes and heart says hell know.

You watch us lose next week.

For me WWR or Scorpions are as much part of the game as Swinton or Donny. I want best for the game. Any club who want to play semi pro in TGG deserve support and big "raps".

I’ve always had a soft spot for the underdog. Must be the masochist in me. 

rldfsignature.jpg

4 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

I’ve always had a soft spot for the underdog. Must be the masochist in me. 

It’s being English . We love an underdog and a plucky loser , our sports full of them

35 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

I agree Tex but there’s rumours of central funding for L1 being pulled. How would L2 be financed?

I think the first thing we need to do is start taking financial regulation of clubs seriously.  Having uneven leagues with clubs being bailed out will causing the game to leak cash massively.

Cutting senior salaries at the RFL could be start point to find cash.

Trust me i could easily shave 350k off the wage bill.

Commercially as a sport we need to find additional income streams and stop promoting the sport to a small northern audience.

I would think 35k to a 10 team league would be a good start point.

Clubs expected to generate their own income streams.

Players wages could minimium if we treat the league as a development league. 

The idea being it would serve as incubator for new clubs and rugby league growth at grassroots level.

46 minutes ago, West Leeds Riviera said:

I agree but Coventry, Hemel and West Wales need to be playing teams like York, Keighley and Whitehaven to improve. Skolars have been in the system since 2003 and have just recently started to be competitive in League 1.

It's no good them playing each other in League 2, getting promoted then getting beat every week in League 1 by established teams

They could be in a development league (league 2 if you like) that included the best of the NCL - if that doesn't get them prepared for the established league 1 teams nothing will. 

It would give the top end NCL something to aim at (knowing that their club has no intention of turning pro) over and above winning the NCL premier div and would really help test the developing league 1 sides before they get thrown into League 1. If after the season they're not near the top of that league they can take the option to stay there another year. With the coverage NCL gets on Freesports now it would arguably give these sides more exposure than they'd get in league 1 too. Just an idea like. 

Mumby, I do not think anybody wants to see drop out of the league but in six games to concede near on 430 points and score only 26 quite clearly shows they are way out of their depth.York are really the only team who will be in the top five they have played in the league.They also conceded 84 points in the only cup game they played.Of course Bradford will try to score as many points as possible  but I still maintain it does nothing whatsoever for the game.Yes Bradford were beaten by 66 points but that was quite clearly a one off as they then won the league,West Wales definitely will not.I am not saying for a minute they should be thrown out of the league,I hope they can complete the season but some clubs need to loan them some of their players who are not going to get regular game time with their clubs.

47 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

Mumby, I do not think anybody wants to see drop out of the league but in six games to concede near on 430 points and score only 26 quite clearly shows they are way out of their depth.York are really the only team who will be in the top five they have played in the league.They also conceded 84 points in the only cup game they played.Of course Bradford will try to score as many points as possible  but I still maintain it does nothing whatsoever for the game.Yes Bradford were beaten by 66 points but that was quite clearly a one off as they then won the league,West Wales definitely will not.I am not saying for a minute they should be thrown out of the league,I hope they can complete the season but some clubs need to loan them some of their players who are not going to get regular game time with their clubs.

However they've been going for nine years and are at the trough. They to me they are not a new team. Half full or half empty? They need to look at the season half full n keep going.

2 hours ago, West Leeds Riviera said:

Fed up with seeing the Bears getting drawn into these arguments , lost only by a try to Skolars today in a cracking match , points difference against the Bulls was less than Keighley but because of their geographic location they keep getting pinged as a team that shouldnt be in L1 

1 minute ago, Rach said:

Fed up with seeing the Bears getting drawn into these arguments , lost only by a try to Skolars today in a cracking match , points difference against the Bulls was less than Keighley but because of their geographic location they keep getting pinging as a team that shouldnt be in L1 

Plus, the Bears were at Odsal whereas Keighley were at home.

rldfsignature.jpg

19 minutes ago, Rach said:

Fed up with seeing the Bears getting drawn into these arguments , lost only by a try to Skolars today in a cracking match , points difference against the Bulls was less than Keighley but because of their geographic location they keep getting pinged as a team that shouldnt be in L1 

Only mention the bears as they entered League 1 in 2015 so are still a fairly new side but tbf they've been going pretty well compared to Hemel and WWR/South Wales

25 minutes ago, Rach said:

You won''t get that from this Bulls fan. I thought they played pretty competitively against us the other week.

I said this on the League 1 thread, but the club have a lot to answer for.

People trying to say it's just a bad day are either being naïve or are lying to themselves. It's not. As a Hull fan, I've seen some pretty embarrassing scorelines. Conceding 70+ points in the playoffs (twice) is a bad day at the office. They had to have done well to get there in the first place, so it says it's a bad day. Conceding 144 points is not a bad day at the office. It's more than alarming, especially after their previous 4 games' scores.

The club have says they've been concentrating on off-field issues and it may have neglected on-field issues. To neglect them this much is ridiculous. The RFL need to step in here and provide assistance to help them learn how to run a club because otherwise they may not make the end of the season. That would be a huge problem for everyone and that's why it IS a big deal. You can't just dismiss this as a bad day.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Archived