24 May: SL: Castleford Tigers v St Helens KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • St Helens
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/05/18 at 18:45

That saints have Fages off the bench and Matty Smith in the reserves says Lots about their depth. 

This team is well drilled and fast and strong. 

The only team I can see stopping them in the quest for The title is Wigan who on their day have alot about them. 

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

There’s a lack of unity about Cas like they are trying to score tries on their own.

Think it is more they are lost without Gale and missing Hardaker.

3 minutes ago, Padge said:

I didn't here it but if the Cas fans were cheering an injured player going off then that is way out of order.

It's poor form.  Happens a fair bit, most teams been guilty of it at times.  But I just don't get it.

Just now, Jim Prendle said:

Tonight's choice is from the following 4 players:

Ben Barba

Ben Barba

Ben Barba 

or

Ben Barba.

They would be Eddie's choices!

Just now, Southerner80 said:

That saints have Fages off the bench and Matty Smith in the reserves says Lots about their depth. 

This team is well drilled and fast and strong. 

The only team I can see stopping them in the quest for The title is Wigan who on their day have alot about them. 

Agreed - I think we’re heading for a showpiece final between Saints and Wigan.

Maybe both Challenge Cup and the Grand Final.

1 minute ago, Gates1 said:

It's poor form.  Happens a fair bit, most teams been guilty of it at times.  But I just don't get it.

Honestly, i think it depends on who it is...if its a player who is generally known as being a bit of a grub, i cant pretend to be shocked when i hear the opposition crowd cheer.....if its just at random then yes it does baffle me, too

Adam Swift is clearly a vampire; his ball-catching powers return as the sun departs.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, chuffer said:

Honestly, i think it depends on who it is...if its a player who is generally known as being a bit of a grub, i cant pretend to be shocked when i hear the opposition crowd cheer.....if its just at random then yes it does baffle me, too

Grub or not mate, it's too tough a game to celebrate injuries.

2 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Quite right. And some people's justifications for hating a player can be truly petty and/or imaginary at times.

Someone gets hurt playing the game we love, we show some respect when he's paid the price. Even if we don't particularly like him.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Can’t go on blaming the absence of Hardaker forever. He’s banned and they fired him. Trueman has disappointed tonight.

True, can't keep blaming the loss of Hardaker, but the point was I think it's a loss of direction rather than unity.

Just now, Gates1 said:

Totally agree...but when you see a guy intentionally trying to injure others and then he gets a taste of his own or it backfires then youd be naiive to think the crowd wont spot that and offer some sardonic response

Cas have lulled Saints into a false sense of security, and now... nope the Tigers still aren't going to win it.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

we would have had a game on if cas could kick some goals and get the ball down over the line.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Cas get their offloading game going but sadly too late

The game's gone, so they may as well get some practice in.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived