Dear Diary

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

My Danish driving licence arrived today. I got round to it because of Brexit.

Ha ha! Me too. Because of Brexit, I went to change my UK driving licence for a Greek one. "Come back after six months" was the reply. I'd just (literally half an hour earlier) renewed my residence permit (again because of Brexit) and the office won't accept my application for six months. Weird.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

2 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Ha ha! Me too. Because of Brexit, I went to change my UK driving licence for a Greek one. "Come back after six months" was the reply. I'd just (literally half an hour earlier) renewed my residence permit (again because of Brexit) and the office won't accept my application for six months. Weird.

Ah! I officially left, then came back as an Irishman (thanks, Mum).

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

19 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Ah! I officially left, then came back as an Irishman (thanks, Mum).

Lucky you! I am jealous. I was always told that my grandad was born in Ireland, but my cousin, who has checked all this, now reckons he was born in Birkenhead. That makes this Manc a Scouser! Gutted!☺

4 minutes ago, Pen-Y-Bont Crusader said:

Not a true Scouser la.

Thank the Lord for small mercies! ?

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:04 PM, tonyXIII said:

Lucky you! I am jealous. I was always told that my grandad was born in Ireland, but my cousin, who has checked all this, now reckons he was born in Birkenhead. That makes this Manc a Scouser! Gutted!☺

My Paternal GF was born in Everton FFS.

You a Manc? Always thought of you from the West side of the Irwell

I thought the name Perdita was made up. Before yesterday, the only time I'd ever heard the name was in Terry Pratchett's Discworld books. In the space of one day, I've now met two of them, one last night while out, the other just now in a meeting.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

6 minutes ago, ckn said:

I thought the name Perdita was made up. Before yesterday, the only time I'd ever heard the name was in Terry Pratchett's Discworld books. In the space of one day, I've now met two of them, one last night while out, the other just now in a meeting.

Perdita is a Shakesperean name. It was also the mother dalmation's name in 101 dalmations.

Philistine. 

52 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Perdita is a Shakesperean name. It was also the mother dalmation's name in 101 dalmations.

Philistine. 

I'm off to the ballet tonight, none of that hoity-toity namby-pamby Shakespearean stuff.  And because it's a Russian state ballet corps I doubt there'll be a Perdita on stage.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

My Paternal GF was born in Everton FFS.

You a Manc? Always thought of you from the West side of the Irwell

Ah! Guilty as charged. I was using 'manc'  as an all-encompassing term to save typing on my smartphone. That worked well, didn't it? For the avoidance of doubt, I am a native of Salford, but I was brought up from the age of 1 in North Manchester. I have absolutely no recollection of life in Salford. Does that make me a lapsed Salfordian or a phony Manc??

6 hours ago, Shadow said:

Philistine. 

Not in the book ! In the book the mother of the initial puppies was Misses. Perdita was a dog they couple found and had lost her puppies, she was a wet nurse. 

6 hours ago, ckn said:

I'm off to the ballet tonight, none of that hoity-toity namby-pamby Shakespearean stuff.  And because it's a Russian state ballet corps I doubt there'll be a Perdita on stage.

And I’m wrong. There is a Perdita on stage!  3 Perditas in 24 hours when I can’t think of knowing another in my life...BF81B0F0-60C3-4006-AFE0-7325A00BB306.jpeg

1 hour ago, Red Willow said:

Not in the book ! In the book the mother of the initial puppies was Misses. Perdita was a dog they couple found and had lost her puppies, she was a wet nurse. 

I stand corrected. I am ashamed my knowledge of 101 Dalmations is entirely Disney related.

41 minutes ago, ckn said:

And I’m wrong. There is a Perdita on stage!  3 Perditas in 24 hours when I can’t think of knowing another in my life...BF81B0F0-60C3-4006-AFE0-7325A00BB306.jpeg

Lots of good traditional East Anglian names there:D

8 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

Ah! Guilty as charged. I was using 'manc'  as an all-encompassing term to save typing on my smartphone. That worked well, didn't it? For the avoidance of doubt, I am a native of Salford, but I was brought up from the age of 1 in North Manchester. I have absolutely no recollection of life in Salford. Does that make me a lapsed Salfordian or a phony Manc??

Does this film prove that the last time Salford scored a try in a challenge cup final was 1938?

51 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

How does the Russian State Ballet come from Serbia?

Siberia ? 

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

How does the Russian State Ballet come from Serbia?

In 2016, I danced with the Lithusanian Minister is Culture. As I taught the Latvian Minister of Culture jewish klepsch dancing in 2009.

Estonian Minister, I am expecting you in 2023.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Archived