Sign in to follow this  
ckn

Dear Diary

Marc Morris, The Norman Conquest is a very interesting read on how the f***-up happened, and why the nobility changed so radically.

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

On 11/27/2018 at 4:43 PM, Copa said:

I’ve just ordered a unicycle.

dear god.... what have I gone and done!?

It was day 1 yesterday and I must have fallen off at least 100 times. Nothing major though. There were a few all body falls but most were stumbles and not painful.

My body is currently in pain though and I was sweating like a pig while practising. It’s hard work.

I went three revolutions on 3 occasions. All other attempts were either half or one revolution.

Edited by Copa
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Copa said:

It was day 1 yesterday and I must have fallen off at least 100 times. Nothing major though. There were a few all body falls but most were stumbles and not painful.

My body is currently in pain though and I was sweating like a pig while practising. It’s hard work.

I went three revolutions on 3 occasions. All other attempts were either half or one revolution.

Be careful, I feel slightly responsible for this lunacy.:D

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Be careful, I feel slightly responsible for this lunacy.:D

The young kids at the nearby after school care facility thought it was hilarious.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Copa said:

The young kids at the nearby after school care facility thought it was hilarious.

You know the saying, pictures or it didn't happen :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Shadow said:

You know the saying, pictures or it didn't happen :biggrin:

? my oldest son actually wanted to leave the Xbox and take footage for his social media accounts but for probably the first time ever I told him to stay indoors and keep playing games.

I have a family funeral to attend next Friday.  This will be the one that makes this year have the most funerals I've ever attended in a single year.  The perils of getting older I take it... the alternative isn't very appealing though!

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

4 minutes ago, ckn said:

I have a family funeral to attend next Friday.  This will be the one that makes this year have the most funerals I've ever attended in a single year.  The perils of getting older I take it... the alternative isn't very appealing though!

Bit harsh mate, I've got relatives I don't get on with but saying the alternative to them being dead is unappealing goes further than I would be happy with admitting on a public forum. 

Unless you meant in a walking dead zombie apocalypse style, in which case I agree. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Shadow said:

Bit harsh mate, I've got relatives I don't get on with but saying the alternative to them being dead is unappealing goes further than I would be happy with admitting on a public forum. 

Unless you meant in a walking dead zombie apocalypse style, in which case I agree. 

:D I meant the alternative to me getting older.

And, unless you've ever been in Basildon high street during a working day then you have no clue about a zombie apocalypse.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

6 minutes ago, ckn said:

:D I meant the alternative to me getting older.

And, unless you've ever been in Basildon high street during a working day then you have no clue about a zombie apocalypse.

I'll see your Basildon and raise you Shirley High Street, or "Mutantville" as it's known locally. 

20 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I'll see your Basildon and raise you Shirley High Street, or "Mutantville" as it's known locally. 

Shirley not, have you ever been to Basildon?  All the charms of a concrete jungle New Town with none of the jobs.

42 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Shirley. As in Croydon?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I am engaged.

• Like 6

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

8 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

I am engaged.

While the brexiteers appear to be vacant. Anyone got a penny?

• Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Sorry, Bob. I'm forgetting my manners. Congratulations!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

32 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

I am engaged.

Congratulations.

Now, which forumers will you be inviting to the wedding?

• Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Is this a weak telephone gag?

If not, congratulations mate!

I proposed. She accepted. 

• Like 2

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

44 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

I proposed. She accepted. 

Well done that man!  Does she know about your obsession with crustacean genetic modification obscenities or ladies toilet accessories?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ckn said:

Well done that man!  Does she know about your obsession with crustacean genetic modification obscenities or ladies toilet accessories?

She knows worse things than that.

Good grief, my obsession with a sport that for the last three years is beyond hypothetical in the country is beyond satire.

• Haha 1