9-10 Jun: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

Discuss all this weekend's Betfred League 1 games here.

SATURDAY 9TH JUNE 2018
Bradford Bulls v North Wales Crusaders KO 3pm
London Skolars v Hunslet KO 3pm
West Wales Raiders v Hemel Stags KO 3pm

SUNDAY 10th JUNE
Coventry Bears v Oldham KO 3pm
Doncaster v Keighley Cougars KO 3pm
Newcastle Thunder v Whitehaven KO 3pm
York City Knights v Workington Town KO 3pm

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting game in West Wales this weekend. should be quite a good game. I see that West Wales have made a few more experienced signings recently with a few more likely to be on the way. 

Sod it, I'm going for a Raiders win this weekend. Mainly because they have a growing number of ex All Golds

Im going to back a West Wales win too. It's like the immovable object vs the unstoppable force, except the exact opposite. Some good games on Sunday, I have a feeling Doncaster and Whitehaven will come away with wins. The pressure is on York in this match if they have ambitions to be champions.

Cracking games this weekend not easy to pick a winner, off to Bradford v Crusaders hoping for an away win who knows ,good luck West wales . 

Bradford Bulls 54-10 North Wales Crusaders 
London Skolars 22-32 Hunslet
West Wales Raiders 30-24 Hemel Stags 

Coventry Bears 4-56 Oldham 
Doncaster 20-30 Keighley Cougars 
Newcastle Thunder 24-20 Whitehaven 
York City Knights 28-29 Workington Town 

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Discuss all this weekend's Betfred League 1 games here.

SATURDAY 9TH JUNE 2018
Bradford Bulls v North Wales Crusaders KO 3pm
London Skolars v Hunslet KO 3pm
West Wales Raiders v Hemel Stags KO 3pm

SUNDAY 10th JUNE
Coventry Bears v Oldham KO 3pm
Doncaster v Keighley Cougars KO 3pm
Newcastle Thunder v Whitehaven KO 3pm
York City Knights v Workington Town KO 3pm

Bulls, Hunslet, Hemel, Oldham Doncaster, Whitehaven and York to win.

Bulls have both Keyes and McNally back from injury and available for selection this weekend.   Also, Dalton Grant (bizarrely) clear to play. That said, shocks happen.  And Bulls' recent performances have not looked entirely convincing.

Thunder MUST have a decent shout against Whitehaven, certainly based on how they played at their last home match, and it WOULD be great (with no disrespect to Hemel) to see WWR get a win at last. Best chance they have had so far, anyway.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

1 hour ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Out of curiosity, why is the Bradford game being played on Saturday?

I'd like to know that too - given that it means that I cannot go myself! 

Still, I'd expect us to get a win by around 30-40 points, even though we've hardly been convincing the last few weeks.

As for the other matches, I'll be interested to see how WWR vs Hemel pans out. Both clubs will have been targeting this one for weeks as the chance to get a win. Afterwards, one club will be feeling mighty relieved - and the other will be contemplating going through the season winless!

It's the hope I can't stand.  ( John Cleese  1986,apparently )

The RFL site shows the 2 squads.Must be a big game!

Thanks for the good wishes and positive predictions.

Hoping for sunshine on Stebonheath....and a home win!

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

22 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

I'd like to know that too - given that it means that I cannot go myself! 

Still, I'd expect us to get a win by around 30-40 points, even though we've hardly been convincing the last few weeks.

As for the other matches, I'll be interested to see how WWR vs Hemel pans out. Both clubs will have been targeting this one for weeks as the chance to get a win. Afterwards, one club will be feeling mighty relieved - and the other will be contemplating going through the season winless!

Me neither.  Coming up we've also got Coventry and London on a Saturday and Newcastle on a Friday.  Just shows how valuable Mick's work with the streaming is.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:24 AM, fearnowt said:

My first visit to Odsal on Saturday and looking forward to it.

50 of us on the bus, with plenty more making their own way there.

Give Bradford a game and we'll be happy.

While you're sunning yourselves on the palm fringed strands of Osdal, think of me in a hot, stuffy conference room in the middle of Brum, and probably laugh yourselves silly.

4 hours ago, Konkrete said:

Me neither.  Coming up we've also got Coventry and London on a Saturday and Newcastle on a Friday.  Just shows how valuable Mick's work with the streaming is.

The game tomorrow was moved at the start of the season as a request.

The reason the game against Newcastle Thunder is on a Friday night - is because it gives us a chance to gauge the interest in this particular time slot amongst our corporate sponsors and loyal supporters.

Both fixtures haven't changed since the original fixture list was published last December.

I am surprised that the guest appearance at Odsal has not been mentioned.

Nor any mention of those dual reg players who will not be playing in the Sunday games. 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

6 hours ago, Michael Gledhill said:

The reason the game against Newcastle Thunder is on a Friday night - is because it gives us a chance to gauge the interest in this particular time slot amongst our corporate sponsors and loyal supporters.

Both fixtures haven't changed since the original fixture list was published last December.

Who's request?

I'm pretty sure it wasn't the Crusaders fans! We'd probably sold out two buses for a Sunday game.

Looking forward to my first visit to Odsal since the SuperLeague days.

I'm hoping for a good game and (fingers crossed) a shock win!

Pob lwc i West Wales Raiders.

15 hours ago, Michael Gledhill said:

I haven’t got any issue with the club doing what’s best for either playing reasons or revenue ones. Just means that, as a long distance, and hopefully loyal supporter, I can’t get there.  Friday night games at Odsal under the lights have always felt really special.

Happily we’ve got the free stream.  It’ll be interesting to see if other fans tune in in greater numbers this week.  Might get a bumper audience.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

Archived