Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
marklaspalmas

2019 Squad

Recommended Posts

Oxy boy , a ball has not been kicked yet and you are predicting not top 5, and then covering yourself with "if no injuries you never know" as usual your posts are a laugh a minute. Stick to predicting where Fax might finish.,..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After missing out on the top four and the £500 000 we have done well to get a competitive looking side like this and if we do better than mid table it will be a bonus. Fax after getting the money should be strong this season fielding a better squad than us if not then they must be in debt . Let’s keep it going successfully on the pitch as we have been promised big money from the lease of the land then we can assemble a class side and go for it in a couple of years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does look like Golding and Briscoe are being earmarked to play regularly when not required by Leeds and assuming that's the case it probably wouldn't make much sense to give starters' jerseys to, say, Hartley and McDaniel if they are seen as back-ups at the moment.

I'd still be surprised if Leeds were willing to release Briscoe & Golding on season-long loans (acknowledging these season-long loans usually have recall options anyway after the first month) given they are next in line at Leeds if there are injuries to Walker & Handley/Tom Briscoe. I would have thought the likes of Walters & Ormondroyd were more likely candidates for long-term loans, as they have loads of guys who are probably ahead of them in the pecking order. But who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, haskey said:

Oxy boy , a ball has not been kicked yet and you are predicting not top 5, and then covering yourself with "if no injuries you never know" as usual your posts are a laugh a minute. Stick to predicting where Fax might finish.,..

Its off season, how else would we keep ourselves entertained with very little rugby to talk about. Im going to predict 2nd for us, will give you something to laugh about when Im wrong. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Its off season, how else would we keep ourselves entertained with very little rugby to talk about. Im going to predict 2nd for us, will give you something to laugh about when Im wrong. :)

For me the main aim is to finish in the top 5, league placings are not that important for me. I know it has a bearing on the play off games but the priority must be to get to the play offs. For what it is worth I expect Fev and Fax to be in the 5, in what order I care not one jot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, haskey said:

Oxy boy , a ball has not been kicked yet and you are predicting not top 5, and then covering yourself with "if no injuries you never know" as usual your posts are a laugh a minute. Stick to predicting where Fax might finish.,..

He/she didn't say that though, did he/her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

League position predictions are hard to call normally, I don't think anybody can call where Featherstone will come this season.

We have our last friendly this weekend, and we still haven't got a full strength team. 

I'd expect top 7 (I think that is a given) and I reckon we'll surprise a number of teams, especially at the beginning. Cold, wet, rainy matches are normally close fixtures.


2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have apparently signed a winger from Hemel Stags. A 23 year old who was joint top try scorer at Hemel last year and is expected to play against Leeds on Sunday. His name is Darren Forde.

Edited by Cardypaul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris Taylor said:

League position predictions are hard to call normally, I don't think anybody can call where Featherstone will come this season.

We have our last friendly this weekend, and we still haven't got a full strength team. 

I'd expect top 7 (I think that is a given) and I reckon we'll surprise a number of teams, especially at the beginning. Cold, wet, rainy matches are normally close fixtures.

Going to be a tough ask to finish above the best part time team in the land though hey Chris? ?

Edited by The Blues Ox
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

We have apparently signed a winger from Hemel Stags. A 23 year old who was joint top try scorer at Hemel last year and is expected to play against Leeds on Sunday. His name is Darren Forde.

We have gone from having hardly any wings to having lots. Even with Whylie a long-term injury, we have McDaniel, Forde and Taylor who now have 1st team contracts together with Carey and Hartley who can both play wing as well as other positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Going to be a tough ask to finish above the best part time team in the land though hey Chris? ?

Absolutely! 

  • Like 1

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

We have apparently signed a winger from Hemel Stags. A 23 year old who was joint top try scorer at Hemel last year and is expected to play against Leeds on Sunday. His name is Darren Forde.

hope he has better luck than last hemel lad we signed thornton  who got injured in training never played and looks like he's  on the road to nowhere 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, POR said:

hope he has better luck than last hemel lad we signed thornton  who got injured in training never played and looks like he's  on the road to nowhere 

James Thornton made 1 appearance, away at Swinton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, POR said:

hope he has better luck than last hemel lad we signed thornton  who got injured in training never played and looks like he's  on the road to nowhere 

I think I read that he had signed for a League 1 club, maybe Doncaster. Think he's still some way off playing though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

We have gone from having hardly any wings to having lots. Even with Whylie a long-term injury, we have McDaniel, Forde and Taylor who now have 1st team contracts together with Carey and Hartley who can both play wing as well as other positions.

And jack Render I think he’s going to be quite a good find .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What has happened to the RL Express. The list of players shows Hardman at No 1 and Robinson at number 2 along with Uligia at 3. Then the new signings are shown. Robinson is the shown on the next page as number 2 for Halifax. A big cock up don't you think? Or have we had some new developments? Doubt It  !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have spotted the same mistake myself. Is this a mistake by the LE or have the club sent wrong information. A correction in next weeks publication should be a  MUST.

Shall I sent Martin Sadler an email.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, haskey said:

I have spotted the same mistake myself. Is this a mistake by the LE or have the club sent wrong information. A correction in next weeks publication should be a  MUST.

Shall I sent Martin Sadler an email.?

Yes. Send it from both of us. Ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

Daniel Smith on a months loan then? 

Mitch Clarke equivalent for this year? 


Please view my photos.

 

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

 

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

 

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smith's a decent signing, might be a further indicator that Brett Delaney's eye injury is going to keep him out for a while. Smith was on a podcast with his agent Craig Harrison the other day & Craig was saying he wasn't happy with how he has been used at Huddersfield, he's a ball-handling prop/loose forward who he feels hasn't been allowed to use those ball-handling skills in the role asked of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...