8 Sept: Qualifiers: Salford Red Devils v Toronto Wolfpack KO 3.15pm (TV)

Who will win?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Toronto Wolfpack
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/09/18 at 14:00

2 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Yes, but Salford aren't worthy of Super League according to some on here.

Their acceptability has been re-assessed, due to the presence of swarthy foreigners at the gates.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Their acceptability has been re-assessed, due to the presence of swarthy foreigners at the gates.

Their long term sustainability has been questioned and rightly so.

They've improved by renting some good players for a maximum of 8 games.

Unless these players are kept long term, what is the point of Salford competing in Super League?

Unless they want to be the next Widnes and collect their Sky money

while virtually everything else disintegrates at their club.

5 minutes ago, ravens88 said:

Unless these players are kept long term, what is the point of Salford competing in Super League?

Our best players will no doubt be picked off again by other teams. But this just shows that our best starting 17 is a damned good side. Our problem, for a long time has been that with a very small squad, injuries have a much bigger effect than with most other teams. And nobody else wanted Jackson Hastings!

9 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

too much too soon maybe for twp , not going in to sl would most likely be a benefit to them at this point of development 

Disagree. What this game shows is that even when you put together a decent squad, a year of playing in the Championship just doesn't prepare you for SL quality opposition. (Unless completely collapsed like Widnes) 

Wolfpack needs to go up and learn the hard way. Either they'll finally crack it and stay up, or straight back down. 

Sacking Rowley will help. 

2 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Our best players will no doubt be picked off again by other teams. But this just shows that our best starting 17 is a damned good side. Our problem, for a long time has been that with a very small squad, injuries have a much bigger effect than with most other teams. And nobody else wanted Jackson Hastings!

Ian Watson has developed into a great coach. He's the one you'd have to worry about losing the most. 

11 minutes ago, ravens88 said:

I think Salford and all the other underperforming clubs should call it a day so the more successful clubs can have a bigger share of the pot.  Maybe one league of 8.

Toronto in again on the back of an atrocious refereeing decision,giving them an undeserved penalty when they dropped the ball. Perhaps the greatest failure in modern RL....referees giving free penalties when a ball carrier loses possession due to his own incompetence.

Second biggest failing must be the farcical play-the-ball mess.....never correctly heeled and never enforced.

Just now, my missus said:

burgess has to go

And go he does, and not just for 10 minutes.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not sure he could argue much against that.  Emmett might of made a meal of it, but it was blatant.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Archived