4 Oct: Super League Semi-Final: St Helens v Warrington Wolves KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/10/18 at 18:45

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Wire should take a look at Saints’ performances against FC and Catalans in the Cup (and Wigan the other week). Get among them, play at tempo, run at their non tacking smaller men, and offload. Wire have the personnel to do that, especially if Clark is given his head. 

Catalans picked up where Hull left off but they had the cunning plan of keeping all their blokes on the pitch.

As you say, the blueprint is there for getting on top of Saints but Warrington look like the rank outsiders of the last four to me. Having said that they're the only Super League team to have played in every round of every competition so far so that shows a degree of consistency. 

Golden point will do me, not bothered who comes out on top.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

There is a lot of reverse psychology on this page

I believe I should have the copyright on reverse psychology on this forum as any reader of the championship / qualifiers match threads should attest...

Looking forward to a good game as clashes between these two clubs tend to be.

Question though for Warrington fans - who do you really consider to be your great rivals - Next dor neighbours Widnes, Wigan or St Helens ?

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

17 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

I believe I should have the copyright on reverse psychology on this forum as any reader of the championship / qualifiers match threads should attest...

Looking forward to a good game as clashes between these two clubs tend to be.

Question though for Warrington fans - who do you really consider to be your great rivals - Next dor neighbours Widnes, Wigan or St Helens ?

Wigan.  

There a big event on somewhere else in St Helens tonight?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Ffs two shocking efforts by Brown.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, snapski said:

Pay on the day for wire fans after not selling their allocation. Blocks of empty seats in saints end. It’s a semi final. We really don’t help ourselves sometimes.

Thursday ... and zero promotion.

Scrap SKY. Give it away to Quest. Could not do worse.

If not we will be left with the Horror Channel.

If the Saints crowd coordinate their shouts a bit better, they'll be fine. Two convincing moans, two penalties.

1 minute ago, Mr Frisky said:

Amazing the ground isn't full! If you lived in the town why wouldn't you go to this match?

12.7k in 2012 for this game on a Friday night. I'd expect a bit below that for a Thursday.

Is the ground not full? Can't say I'd have noticed without this thread - some of us are too busy watching the actual game. <_<

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

"Every player is in the ear of the referee."

Where "every player" = Jon Wilkin.

Archived