SILLY SEASON STARTS

silverfox

Now that the season is over , the silly season starts, with all the rumours of Players moving to Whitehaven and other clubs . Rumours were rife that Stevie, Tom ,Sam , Newts , Karl were all going to Whitehaven . Well the BOD have squashed Stevie and Tom , the disappointment I seen in James and Karl at the end of the Swinton  game there Hearts certainly looked to be with the Town . for Two lads that have played for Haven, the Town Supporters have really taken to the players , Newts is a player that you hate when he plays against you  ,but what a player when he plays for you ,his Enthusiasm rubs off on team mates and also the supporters , Karl is just a work horse and Tackling machine . Sam showed how good a fullback he is and another season in a Town shirt he could become the best fullback in the league and even better than the players in the championship . So come on BOD get these players on board for next season . For a change instead of the rumours who Whitehaven are getting from us , Who would we like to take from them , any idea's , UTT FOREVER .

Every close season is the same with Haven offering very good deals to tempt our players away. For some the lure of the cash is too good to turn down, but they can only have a very limited pot of money. According to some of their fans one of the amateur players they are trying to sign is wanting a 5k signing on fee! Any player going 10 miles South must be nuts the way they are run. With the same people at the helm who created the last embarrassing mess. 

Our BOD and Leon will no doubt have a much better squad come the start of the season than we had last season.  I'm looking forward to watch it all unfold. 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1 hour ago, silverfox said:

Now that the season is over , the silly season starts, with all the rumours of Players moving to Whitehaven and other clubs . Rumours were rife that Stevie, Tom ,Sam , Newts , Karl were all going to Whitehaven . Well the BOD have squashed Stevie and Tom , the disappointment I seen in James and Karl at the end of the Swinton  game there Hearts certainly looked to be with the Town . for Two lads that have played for Haven, the Town Supporters have really taken to the players , Newts is a player that you hate when he plays against you  ,but what a player when he plays for you ,his Enthusiasm rubs off on team mates and also the supporters , Karl is just a work horse and Tackling machine . Sam showed how good a fullback he is and another season in a Town shirt he could become the best fullback in the league and even better than the players in the championship . So come on BOD get these players on board for next season . For a change instead of the rumours who Whitehaven are getting from us , Who would we like to take from them , any idea's , UTT FOREVER .

It's every close season we get this #### it's getting very tiresome if they all decide to jump ship to that massive club down the road then let's just say goodbye and concentrate on moving our club forward like we have done this season. This club is bigger than any of them.

What will be will be. 

You can't make people fall in love with town, the players who jump back & forth eventually will have an end life and will have no respect from either set.

I'd rather walk up to the likes of Carl Forber or Tom Curwen and say thanks for your efforts and know nothing about it was false. 

Unfortunately in the age of  short term contracts , and players having a short career  , they will nearly always search out the best deal . When i talk to people who don`t go , this is the thing they bring up . The fact that they can`t identify with the Team anymore more because of all the backwards and forwards moves of players 

Not all about money (and wtf do Haven get signing on fees from) but contacts and coaches. Jonty Gorley is having an impact at Haven in terms of attracting players. And to the detriment of Town with 1 player rumoured but not yet announced. But that was the head coaches decision and life moves on

Well,The best thing to do is not give them a reply.Every off season we get the same old same old of who is going where,Whitehaven have aqquired a new board member who was lucky enough to have a lottery win,and good on him, but everyone has a certain limit to what you can spend.The haven have signed back some of the better players and rightly so, but,you can only spend what you have got unless someone is stupid enough to go down the same path has the last few seasons.Good luck to them,they need us just has much has we need them and i think Leon will know just what he wants, and, i am certain we will see loans and DRs along with some amateurs coming to our club..

9 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

Well,The best thing to do is not give them a reply.Every off season we get the same old same old of who is going where,Whitehaven have aqquired a new board member who was lucky enough to have a lottery win,and good on him, but everyone has a certain limit to what you can spend.The haven have signed back some of the better players and rightly so, but,you can only spend what you have got unless someone is stupid enough to go down the same path has the last few seasons.Good luck to them,they need us just has much has we need them and i think Leon will know just what he wants, and, i am certain we will see loans and DRs along with some amateurs coming to our club..

Believe it or not he,s won the lottery twice once as part of a syndicate and also won one of them millionaire raffles aswell just shy of 2 million i,ve heard but as you say you can only spend so much .

1 minute ago, donald said:

Believe it or not he,s won the lottery twice once as part of a syndicate and also won one of them millionaire raffles aswell just shy of 2 million i,ve heard but as you say you can only spend so much .

Getting involved in a rugby club is a great way to get rid of it !

1 hour ago, donald said:

If he’s worth that much why have yous let the best thing to happen to haven in years walk away and join Rochdale because of lack of funds. Don’t believe all you hear about how much he’s worth marra. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

7 minutes ago, wonky said:

If he’s worth that much why have yous let the best thing to happen to haven in years walk away and join Rochdale because of lack of funds. Don’t believe all you hear about how much he’s worth marra. 

And why didn't he get involved a few months ago when they looked like going under? 

9 minutes ago, wonky said:

Aren't Haven still on a signing embargo still?

24 minutes ago, Brookie said:

Aren't Haven still on a signing embargo still?

Not sure we've signed or re-signed 12 players and there's another 2 tilley and Haworth under contract for next season although I think they'll go Rochdale. Maybe still under embargo regarding new players from other clubs.  Pretty happy with squad so far just need Gillam signed up from current players quality player .

I love silly season it doesn't replace the playing season but it is summat to entertain us, good or bad! 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Archived