London in SL is a big opportunity to raise the sports profile

8 hours ago, The Daddy said:

London being back in SL is the biggest opportunity the sports had in a while to raise its profile and get casual sports fans talking about rl again. 

I only wish this were true.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DEANO said:

How I wish our game was nation wide. Unfortunately it isn’t and London will bring nothing to the table  like last time only this time they have earned the right to be there. Unsustainable 

It is sustainable considering they haven't gone bust as often as York,are in a higher division,and produce more local players,to play at a higher level than York.

It has to be of benefit to the sport if only for the fact that the captains of industry,and the leaders in the press and media,have less travel to observe the sport than travelling more miles further north.

Press and media is one,nay two,ways in which to raise the profile of the sport.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

21 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

It is sustainable considering they haven't gone bust as often as York,are in a higher division,and produce more local players,to play at a higher level than York.

It has to be of benefit to the sport if only for the fact that the captains of industry,and the leaders in the press and media,have less travel to observe the sport than travelling more miles further north.

Press and media is one,nay two,ways in which to raise the profile of the sport.

Exactly how many times have york gone bust

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

11 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Exactly how many times have york gone bust

Come on Deano be positive will ya.  There are great thing happening at York.  They will get a big crowd when they come to Toronto and vise a versa.  Things are looking good...great growth for York ahead...good things!

7 hours ago, EssexRL said:

This can and do change. Football looked terminal in early 80s. Nothing’s inevitable. 

I think there are a few tings here. First of all you're right things can and do change, but as for London leading some kind of sea change in England where attitudes are what they are about RL, I can't have anything but serious doubts that having the Broncos will make any damn difference. This has nothing to do with London it's good they're back. Just a look at this link from the RL in the Spectator thread provides all the evidence you'd need.

But the headline, unfortunately, perpetuates stereotypes.

Its not just the headline it's almost an admission of what we are facing as a sport, and always have. I'm not saying nothing can be done and we can't succeed, but if you don't look at what's actually involved all you do is chase your tail.

And you only have to look at the threads on here to see clear evidence that it affects the fan base as much as the sport itself.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

8 hours ago, M j M said:

Wait 'til the haters find out that there is a 10% London weighting in the salary cap rules.:dancing:

That’ll buy you a couple of coffees in Ealing. 

9 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Come on Deano be positive will ya.  There are great thing happening at York.  They will get a big crowd when they come to Toronto and vise a versa.  Things are looking good...great growth for York ahead...good things!

Kman for some reason I can't stop reading your posts in the voice of Donald Trump. But I agree, good things are happening at York, very good things. The very best. No one does good things better than York.

10 hours ago, M j M said:

Wait 'til the haters find out that there is a 10% London weighting in the salary cap rules.:dancing:

It's a well known fact that house prices in Ealing are 10% higher than in Wigan so it makes sense.

5 hours ago, Oxford said:

I think there are a few tings here. First of all you're right things can and do change, but as for London leading some kind of sea change in England where attitudes are what they are about RL, I can't have anything but serious doubts that having the Broncos will make any damn difference. This has nothing to do with London it's good they're back. Just a look at this link from the RL in the Spectator thread provides all the evidence you'd need.

But the headline, unfortunately, perpetuates stereotypes.

Its not just the headline it's almost an admission of what we are facing as a sport, and always have. I'm not saying nothing can be done and we can't succeed, but if you don't look at what's actually involved all you do is chase your tail.

And you only have to look at the threads on here to see clear evidence that it affects the fan base as much as the sport itself.

As I've said elsewhere, the game in the UK desperately needs a way to break down those stereotypes if it's going to turn around the gradual decline and have much of a future and other than more teams like Toronto in the top level of the pro game I can't think of anything else capable of doing that.

3 hours ago, fevtom said:

Kman for some reason I can't stop reading your posts in the voice of Donald Trump. But I agree, good things are happening at York, very good things. The very best. No one does good things better than York.

what!....What!!....WHat!!!....WHAt!!!!....WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently Trailfinders has good banqueting facilities for Corp clients and broadcasting partners. There is plenty of room behind one goal for beer tents and a bouncy castle for millennials/ families respectively. Create a great match day experience, and we know the product is on the pitch. Get into local schools and social media (crowds can grow by 400% to new capacity) and get Elstone to attract some corporate and broadcast partners. Take a couple of loop fixtures on the road to Fulham (Saints), QPR (Hull KR) and maybe even Ruislip GAA (Catalan) to widen local audience. Bob (Elstone) is your uncle.

56 minutes ago, JoneslessBishop said:

Apparently Trailfinders has good banqueting facilities for Corp clients and broadcasting partners. There is plenty of room behind one goal for beer tents and a bouncy castle for millennials/ families respectively. Create a great match day experience, and we know the product is on the pitch. Get into local schools and social media (crowds can grow by 400% to new capacity) and get Elstone to attract some corporate and broadcast partners. Take a couple of loop fixtures on the road to Fulham (Saints), QPR (Hull KR) and maybe even Ruislip GAA (Catalan) to widen local audience. Bob (Elstone) is your uncle.

Wow!

Its all so easy.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

14 hours ago, EssexRL said:

This can and do change. Football looked terminal in early 80s. Nothing’s inevitable. 

As far as I can see the only time football looked in such  danger was an internal civil war at the FA over professionalism and the aftermath of two world wars. 

14 hours ago, Kayakman said:

History dictates otherwise 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Archived