Garry Schofield's League 1 Predictions

Ash Hope

2 hours ago, leaguefan13 said:

We ( donny ) still only have 18 players signed, all our betters players last year plus 2 new signings. With Hull signing a lot of players for their reserve team that now might not be happening, it looks like we will be heavily using DR next season. There’s talk of us signing Liam Harris on a season long loan and then have 5 good DR players each week like maloudi, bineck, Dawson and Langtree,  rather than kids like last year. If this is the case I would expect us to mount a serious challenge for the title. I like a lot of our fans dislike DR and would rather we had our own players but there’s not a lot we can do about that. 

Except you can only name a maximum of 4 DR players in a 19 man squad or match day 17.

6 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Except you can only name a maximum of 4 DR players in a 19 man squad or match day 17.

Is it 4 DR and 2 loans allowed in a match day 17 ??. I expect us to have Liam Harris and 1 other on a season long loan then 4 DR players each week. 

1 minute ago, leaguefan13 said:

Is it 4 DR and 2 loans allowed in a match day 17 ??. I expect us to have Liam Harris and 1 other on a season long loan then 4 DR players each week. 

Up to a total of 5 loans/DR of which a maximum of 4 can be DR - assuming that they haven't changed the DR rules again.........

7 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Up to a total of 5 loans/DR of which a maximum of 4 can be DR - assuming that they haven't changed the DR rules again.........

Yes 5 , max 4 DR , in the 19 man squad 

The trouble with trying to predict this division is that squads outside the first choice players are a bit thin and injuries and work commitments can wreck even the best coach's plans. Having said that, Donny seem to be working the system cleverly and I wonder if Newcastle could be a surprise package here.

2 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

The trouble with trying to predict this division is that squads outside the first choice players are a bit thin and injuries and work commitments can wreck even the best coach's plans. Having said that, Donny seem to be working the system cleverly and I wonder if Newcastle could be a surprise package here.

Newcastle would hardly be a surprise package with the signings they have made and other key players they have , strong financial backing too , I should think they are many peoples firm favourites for the automatic promotion 

5 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

McNally back to Whitehaven ? that would cover the Abram loss and more , move them up in the betting too I'd imagine . be interesting to see where he ends up 

If travelling from his home in Leigh to Bradford is too far due to his personal circumstances then why would he sign for Whitehaven ?

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

8 hours ago, Derwent said:

If travelling from his home in Leigh to Bradford is too far due to his personal circumstances then why would he sign for Whitehaven ?

Too far ? 50 mins journey for a full time job  ? I read it as he was talking about extended family and his home town ? maybe wrong who knows ?

According to their Twitter feed West Wales seem to have recruited, and are promising to continue to recruit, heavily. Is anyone familiar with any of their signings? It would be a shame for them to recruit a quality coach like Kim Williams and not have the quality on field to avoid finishing last (although I suppose stringing a couple of wins together and being competitive in defeat would be an improvement).

4 hours ago, IMXIII said:

According to their Twitter feed West Wales seem to have recruited, and are promising to continue to recruit, heavily. Is anyone familiar with any of their signings? It would be a shame for them to recruit a quality coach like Kim Williams and not have the quality on field to avoid finishing last (although I suppose stringing a couple of wins together and being competitive in defeat would be an improvement).

They’ve brought in a handful of Aussies. Whether they will be any good or not only time will tell. 

I did laugh at a post I saw on Facebook from a West Wales fan who said they will win ten games this season! 

Their aim for the season should be to target wins against Coventry and London and not get thrashed by 100 points when they travel north. 

On 1/3/2019 at 9:29 AM, Anonymouse said:

McNally back to Whitehaven ? that would cover the Abram loss and more , move them up in the betting too I'd imagine . be interesting to see where he ends up 

McNally and his family live in Leigh now, him and Abram expected to end up at Leigh this year. 

17 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

McNally and his family live in Leigh now, him and Abram expected to end up at Leigh this year. 

cheers for that mate , I knew where he was living but didnt think he'd be returning to Leigh , if he is then good luck to the lad , he had some bad luck injury wise last season . I just made a guess that he may have decided to return home to West Cumbria .

On 1/4/2019 at 6:44 AM, IMXIII said:

The Aussie’s are predominantly country rugby league players, not saying there won’t be some talent in there however.

Ronnie Palumbo is a good signing, a very dynamic and fit edge forward. 

I watched Rob Tuliatu play for Greece recently, he can be a handful but can he be so much as one against improved opposition? 

Probably keep an eye out for Elliot Jennings a winger from the Newcastle RL comp in Australia, has scored plenty of tries down there. 

Archived