Obituary Thread

Harry Gration going is very sad ... ten years below the national average and with a child born in 2019. A great loss for his family and a sad loss for the rest of us. He was the sort of bloke you could always imagine living on your street.

• Like 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Sad to hear of Harry Gration's passing. He really showed great enthusiasm for Rugby League on BBC's Look North, a programme that attracted millions of viewers. 

I remember him having a fall out with the then Kangaroos coach Bobby Fulton after Harry accused him of making his players concentrate on thuggery rather than playing RL. Fulton responded by asking him who he was and if he'd ever seen a game of RL before.

In one of the editions of the wonderful publications "When push comes to shove", there is a piece written that mentions this particular spat and the author says he met up again with Bobby Fulton a couple of years later when Fulton suggested they "kiss and make up". The author added that "To this day, I've never kissed Bobby Fulton". Even though all the contributions to the aforementioned books were anonymous, this piece was clearly written by Harry Gration.

RIP mate.

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Actor Cuneyt Arkin, aged 85. "Best" known as the hero from the almost indescribable Dünyayi Kurtaran Adam, aka Turkish Star Wars.

how did you get that one past the swear filter?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

35 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

how did you get that one past the swear filter?

You think that's rude - here's a still from the credits of Turkish Star Wars.

As a link instead of an embedded image, for reasons that will become clear: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QSTdA6nrthU/UUK5Tysv3YI/AAAAAAAAKIE/SwmlaASs1dY/s1600/vlcsnap-2013-03-15-05h03m14s13.png

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 hours ago, Futtocks said:

You think that's rude - here's a still from the credits of Turkish Star Wars.

As a link instead of an embedded image, for reasons that will become clear: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QSTdA6nrthU/UUK5Tysv3YI/AAAAAAAAKIE/SwmlaASs1dY/s1600/vlcsnap-2013-03-15-05h03m14s13.png

I don’t know if you’ve seen Rude Guy Star Wars on YouTube …

Sonny Barger, aged 83. A leading figure in the Hells Angels, he was a prominent personality in Hunter S.Thompson's book about the gang.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 28/06/2022 at 22:08, graveyard johnny said:

Dame Deborah James 40 - bowel cancer campaigner, fundraiser and podcaster

Absolutely,she had bravery beyond belief in all she did to combat this awful disease. RIP Dame Deborah James.💔

• Like 1

Actor Joe Turkel, best known for his roles in Blade Runner and The Shining.

0b719ffc4712bab4f7af6e5534c49259.jpg

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, CanaBull said:

Driver and presenter Alain de Cadenet, 76.

Did a lot of things, but I never tire of watching this famous clip of him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iOoiEbtf2w

To a certain generation, best known as the father of the rather fruity co-presenter of The Word, Amanda.

1473157537-theword.jpg

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Possibly James Caan, although only one source reporting at at this moment: https://www.thewrap.com/james-caan-godfather-and-thief-actor-dies-at-82/ 

• Sad 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Former Japanese PM Shinzo Abe, who was shot while making a speech earlier today.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson