Well done Sri Lanka

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I will have to agree to disagree.  

I agree with you. And I think that’s the most I’ll comment on this subject as well 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

27 minutes ago, ckn said:

I agree with you. And I think that’s the most I’ll comment on this subject as well 

You just need to read the story.

It's an unpopular president incapable of sorting out his country's problems looking to act tough in a way that will make no difference at all but which will have good optics.

Sri Lanka has many, many bigger problems right now. This will make the square root of zero difference to them.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

What a time to be alive.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

What a time to be alive.

No, they will soon be dead.

That's the point.

I thought you were clever?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Shadow said:

Who do you want to kill? 

Obviously we are not talking about killing people over a loaf of bread.

Hanging can just come back for traitors and those deliberately thwarting the will of the people.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Obviously we are not talking about killing people over a loaf of bread.

Hanging can just come back for traitors and those deliberately thwarting the will of the people.

You should have said you'd been to look at the signs adorning the Hastings fishing fleet. I'd have thought about buying you a pint.

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

You should have said you'd been to look at the signs adorning the Hastings fishing fleet. I'd have thought about buying you a pint.

We were probably in the pub at the same time too. Come to think of it, I remember seeing a ginger bloke in blackface.

Just now, Just Browny said:

We were probably in the pub at the same time too. Come to think of it, I remember seeing a ginger bloke in blackface.

It's not racist when you can nail a Jamaican accent like I can.

2 hours ago, The Future is League said:

That's your choice, but something needs to be done to rid society of all these low life's.

What better way than to execute them and save us taxpayers a fortune.

Having spent 23 years 'caring' for these 'people' I fully agree it's the only way to go. If only the general public saw how these 'people' are cared for in custody they would be amazed.

Wow, here comes the cavalry.

2 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Having spent 23 years 'caring' for these 'people' I fully agree it's the only way to go. If only the general public saw how these 'people' are cared for in custody they would be amazed.

You've spent 23 years caring for Sri Lankan drug dealers facing a death sentence?

It's an unusual career path but good for you.

Could go down the Philippines route and have a few death squads bumping off anyone who looks a bit funny. 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

... and when your innocent son/daughter gets hung...

It will always happen.

I'm out.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I had a mate a while back who said the punishment should fit the crime, his idea was that car thief's should be be fastened to the back of a police car with a 10ft chain then the car should be driven along the M62 at 70 mph from Leeds to Manchester, I laughed at his absurd idea,...............until I had my own car stolen by some scroat.?

16 hours ago, The Future is League said:

The discussion about the introduction of the death penalty was originally introduced after a series of high profile rapes, killings and sexual abuse. 

It's easy for men to dismiss capital punishment but society can't continue with this level of violence against women. 

To clarify I am not saying I am in favour of the death penalty. However I agree with the need to find solutions to both drug issues and violence against women. 

There are a few prisoners I’d rather see dead however the risk of an innocent person being sentenced to death is too high.

In Canberra, after a retrial, a guy was recently found not guilty of murdering a senior police officer 30 years ago. He spent 20 years in jail for it.

5 hours ago, Niels said:

It's easy for men to dismiss capital punishment but society can't continue with this level of violence against women. 

You could solve a lot of it tomorrow by introducing a curfew that applied only to men.

How about we start with that and then once the level has dropped for a significant amount of time, we then slowly reintroduce men back into civilised society?

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

You could solve a lot of it tomorrow by introducing a curfew that applied only to men.

How about we start with that and then once the level has dropped for a significant amount of time, we then slowly reintroduce men back into civilised society?

That's absurd. We should at least stratify according to whether they come from posh liberal or poor working class areas.

Archived