Toulouse game

Batley Bob

8 hours ago, silverback said:

not moaning like, but whats up with retts,is dom still on naughty step and how come wardys gone from best signing in years to now not even getting waterboy gig. if russel goes back to giants in next week or so do you really think yates is going to give his all for the cause.i do wonder sometimes,:read: players go from been in MOM every week to sitting out games but yet a couple who have done some rubbish tackles past couple a games are in every game.:scratchhead:

I've heard Rettie is trying to sort some none rugby related matters out.

Which of the forwards, and which halfback would you drop after last week to bring Brambani and Ward in? The forwards gave a pretty good account of themselves and I thought both halfbacks got better as the game progressed and showed up well, remember it is the first time they had played together, certainly worth another chance IMO. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Which of the forwards, and which halfback would you drop after last week to bring Brambani and Ward in? The forwards gave a pretty good account of themselves I thought both halfbacks got better as the game progressed and showed up well, remember it is the first time they had played together, certainly worth another chance IMO. 

i know what your saying but as yates been given same chance,and if russels the answer then for how long before we have to go back to what we had a few weeks ago but dident stick with, i aint bagging players on here but the way 2 played last week they wouldent get in boys team.when does wardy get another game then after you say he were off it at sheffield, too many players get kicked in the nuts when the way the game goes aint always the players fault and it gone on far too long, we should be playing with what we had not bringing others in when betters sat on bench it sucks big time.  another dog day afternoon saturday,,UP THE DOGGIES.

18 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Which of the forwards, and which halfback would you drop after last week to bring Brambani and Ward in? The forwards gave a pretty good account of themselves I thought both halfbacks got better as the game progressed and showed up well, remember it is the first time they had played together, certainly worth another chance IMO. 

Who gave the interception try away ?? And why is he playing again this week ? Complete joke !

Diskin makes changes......gets slated on here for not letting the side settle.

He finally keeps the same squad and still gets slated. Feels like some people on here just want him to fail.  

Im pleased he’s going with the same side again. Hopefully we build on the second half from last week! 

Smeaton to miss out Ward at least on the bench, it's not as if we're so short of forwards that we have to pre-force a centre in there. Just don't follow it.

2 hours ago, Johndeere said:

Some people on here need to grow up it’s boring !!!

Its a case of back the players the unpopular coach picks 

Moaning on here will change NOTHING surely you know that 

Time to back the team I think !!

Agreed

Come on Batley!

56 minutes ago, bulldogs17 said:

Diskin makes changes......gets slated on here for not letting the side settle.

He finally keeps the same squad and still gets slated. Feels like some people on here just want him to fail.  

Im pleased he’s going with the same side again. Hopefully we build on the second half from last week! 

but the sides settling without the lad who looked so good last season,the lad who we should be building the team round to get a settled side,hows bringing russell in going get a settled side, and only difference second half was the rain, have watched game 3 times and the way we played was way off what we had end a last year. to be honest i know it dont matter now but patch did a lot more than folks thought alongside dom and hes missed for sure for me,

UP THE DOGGIES,

Maybe time brev got a gig. Never seen him have a bad game. 

If the lads do video sessions looking at pros cons and mistakes some will.be thinking if disco is ruthless on performance how do some avoid the water bottles

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

4 hours ago, johnny 2 camps said:

Who gave the interception try away ?? And why is he playing again this week ? Complete joke !

I would have played with Brambani and Jouffret at HB last week and changed the halfback pairing as little as possible throughout the season. But that's just my opinion, not saying it is the right thing to do. But, he didn't, and in fairness to Russell, it was one mistake during his first game for us. His kicking game was the best I have seen for us this season, I thought he did pretty well on the whole and certainly worth persevering with from what I saw of him.

Forgive me for saying this, but your post just doesn't make any sense. 

You slate the coach for making changes to the side and imply how harsh it is when he leaves players out, on one hand. Then on the other hand, you want him to bring Brambani and Ward back in after both HB's and all the forwards played pretty well last time out.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but please can you explain it for me, as I do not understand what you think he should do.

4 hours ago, silverback said:

i know what your saying but as yates been given same chance,and if russels the answer then for how long before we have to go back to what we had a few weeks ago but dident stick with, i aint bagging players on here but the way 2 played last week they wouldent get in boys team.when does wardy get another game then after you say he were off it at sheffield, too many players get kicked in the nuts when the way the game goes aint always the players fault and it gone on far too long, we should be playing with what we had not bringing others in when betters sat on bench it sucks big time.  another dog day afternoon saturday,,UP THE DOGGIES.

I'm not having a go at you Silverback, and I'm not advocating dropping Ward, just saying he had a poor game against Sheffield. I think he was also at fault for Farrell's try in the second half, but I'm not 100% sure, he was definitely at fault for Walker's, I think Farrell went through him and Wood IIRC. He certainly wasn't on his own BTW, there were a few other poor performances on the night. 

Personally, I'm not one for dropping players after 1 bad game, but I can understand the reasoning behind it. It must be difficult when you have a squad of decent quality players that are itching to play, who are not getting a chance even though the team isn't winning. You could ask, what message would it send out to players that are not getting picked, if he kept with the same losing side every week?

I feel whatever Diskin does, the knives are out, and there will be people disagreeing with him and saying he should be sacked regardless of who he picks. If he changes the squad, he should keep a settled side. If he makes changes, there are fans slating him for leaving x, y and z out? It seems like, he is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't. I don't agree with a lot of the decisions he has made, but, it also feels like whatever he does, there will be people sticking the knives in.

Generally, the forwards have been okay this season IMO, with the exception of the Sheffield game. I can't think of anyone that particularly stood out as needing dropping after last week's performance, despite losing fairly heavily. Maybe you disagree, I'm not saying I'm right, it is just my opinion.

Galbraith gave a couple of daft penalties away, which they scored off, but he didn't have a particularly bad game other than that. Russell threw the interception out, but he had a decent game other than that. We were caught out wide for most of the tries, by good quick hands and some questionable positional play on both sides of the field. However, it seems a bit harsh to drop forwards or halfbacks for defensive frailties out wide. 

I'm baffled by people comparing the current malaise to difficult spells we experienced under Harrison and Kear, along with the directive that we shouldn't moan and groan. Harrison and Kear were both experienced coaches with positive track records who, despite some rocky patches, were always likely to turn things around given time. 

It's quickly become apparent this season that Diskin is way out of his depth. We've had two mediocre seasons with him benefiting from the remnants of 'The Kear Effect'. This season he's repeatedly trumpeted the fact that he's now coaching his team. I'm afraid that his deficiencies are now well and truly laid bare for all to see. The new signings have been very poor apart from a few notable exceptions, and we've been utterly appalling in some games. Blaming the players for poor performances is a desperate stance to take on his part, and almost always a sign of a coach in denial. 

The success of a team built with a limited budget is reliant upon having a coach who is able to maximise what's at his disposal. John Kear was a master motivator, Karl Harrison was a master organiser. Unfortunately, Diskin is neither of those. In mitigation, it's not his fault that he's out of his depth - the guy is in a job which just isn't the right fit for him. I'm sure he'd do a decent job at a bigger club with a fatter wallet. 

21 hours ago, POR said:

problem is most coaches even though they won't admit it have their favorites   we had it at FEV with bastian  kept picking players  out of form and in some cases utter rubbish

Having watched last weeks game against Toronto I can understand why he’s stuck with the same players,Toronto had to work hard for their tries other than the interception. Good luck today,I’ll be watching on the our league app.

17 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

I'm not having a go at you Silverback, and I'm not advocating dropping Ward, just saying he had a poor game against Sheffield. I think he was also at fault for Farrell's try in the second half, but I'm not 100% sure, he was definitely at fault for Walker's, I think Farrell went through him and Wood IIRC. He certainly wasn't on his own BTW, there were a few other poor performances on the night. 

Personally, I'm not one for dropping players after 1 bad game, but I can understand the reasoning behind it. It must be difficult when you have a squad of decent quality players that are itching to play, who are not getting a chance even though the team isn't winning. You could ask, what message would it send out to players that are not getting picked, if he kept with the same losing side every week?

I feel whatever Diskin does, the knives are out, and there will be people disagreeing with him and saying he should be sacked regardless of who he picks. If he changes the squad, he should keep a settled side. If he makes changes, there are fans slating him for leaving x, y and z out? It seems like, he is damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't. I don't agree with a lot of the decisions he has made, but, it also feels like whatever he does, there will be people sticking the knives in.

Generally, the forwards have been okay this season IMO, with the exception of the Sheffield game. I can't think of anyone that particularly stood out as needing dropping after last week's performance, despite losing fairly heavily. Maybe you disagree, I'm not saying I'm right, it is just my opinion.

Galbraith gave a couple of daft penalties away, which they scored off, but he didn't have a particularly bad game other than that. Russell threw the interception out, but he had a decent game other than that. We were caught out wide for most of the tries, by good quick hands and some questionable positional play on both sides of the field. However, it seems a bit harsh to drop forwards or halfbacks for defensive frailties out wide. 

If coaching doesn't work out, he could always go into politics. . 

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

The guys loaded. Know sparky who does work on 20+ of his properties he rents out. Estate agents and cleaning company also big influences in. Priestleys and the hobby of being involved in breaking batley fans hearts/ interest

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

33 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

The guys loaded. Know sparky who does work on 20+ of his properties he rents out. Estate agents and cleaning company also big influences in. Priestleys and the hobby of being involved in breaking batley fans hearts/ interest

What relevance does this have to his coaching 9'O?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Just watched it on the AP. Thought you had them at half time but they did the same number on you that they did on us couple of weeks back. They are hard to contain.  Now you've got Widnes to contend with, at least you're at home. 

its like im stuck in the mid eighties watching a side coached by Terry Crook that just turn up,give it a bit of a go for 20-25 mins then decide they've had enough and can't wait for the game to end.

awful.just downright awful.

its a few years since ive seen such an unorganized,spirtless Batley side such as this.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Hang on I feel entertained. The end result was in question at half time. Our lads gave it a really good go.

Bit of cheering chanting and some thunderous hits. Shame ref was a factor but toulouse were rattled.

Feel glad I've been and plenty to build on

who can he drop now ?? sure he has some escape goats lined up already . I wager Tomlinson smeaton on team sheet next week again. at this rate were going down 3 years of overrated coaching uninspiring rugby . players fetched in then shipped out but yet they move to other clubs who get them back to.players they were before diskin coached them. I know negative comments get behind the team I do I pay into bissa since it was started. turn up watch and pay and get to watch rubbish incompetence of so called coaching. 

Archived