22 Apr: SL: St Helens v Hull FC KO 3pm

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/04/19 at 14:00

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saints 30 Hull 10 half time.

We shot into a 10 nil lead but Saints have gradually clawed their way back and are now looking very dominant.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, snapski said:

Very often get blowout scores on the Easter Monday. About time it was binned. The players don’t want it.

It's a shame because given how we have played the last couple of weeks I think we would have fancied going over there and making a game of this if we had a week to prepare.

I thought the short turnaround might be a leveller, but it seems like Saints have been able to find a better intensity than us after that initial good start.

Think we'll get battered this half, team looks shot.

34-16 latest.

46-16.

52-16.

56-16.

Getting a bit fed up now.

62-16.

Oh dear.

Is the BBC Sport app playing up? Says that Connor and Sneyd are both playing, but Hull are getting walloped..?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

18 hours ago, Sparse Attendance said:

Bloody cyclists i bet you were attempting wheelies in the middle of the road annoying motorists because you have seen the Yoof doing it. 

And you motorists are always in the middle of the road speeding, running red lights and killing and maiming but clearly some 'yoof' doing a wheelie is your biggest concern ...idiot!

Just now, Just Browny said:

Is the BBC Sport app playing up? Says that Connor and Sneyd are both playing, but Hull are getting walloped..?

Don't be such an ######.

Scoreline sums up up frankly and nowhere near as good as some of our fans think, just because we beat a scraggy load of bin dippers on Friday by a few all of a sudden we are world beaters.

Same old mentality problems, get a great start then go to bits.

I've had a good Easter weekend so I'm not bothered, I predicted us 5th and I think that's where we are, I just hope we get our heads together for my next visit.

8 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Scoreline sums up up frankly and nowhere near as good as some of our fans think, just because we beat a scraggy load of bin dippers on Friday by a few all of a sudden we are world beaters.

Same old mentality problems, get a great start then go to bits.

I've had a good Easter weekend so I'm not bothered, I predicted us 5th and I think that's where we are, I just hope we get our heads together for my next visit.

I am much less concerned about this than the Warrington loss. Easter Monday always throws up results like this. It's easy to talk about mentality, but its so tough to back up after 2 days off and when a side starts to get momentum it's almost impossible to stop.

As long as we turn up raring to go against Wakefield then I am fine with today.

11 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

just because we beat a scraggy load of bin dippers on Friday 

? Sorry, but I just thought that line was so funny!

Anyway, I couldn't make it to the game but what happened to Hull?  

Well done to Saints for winning, like, but I didn't expect that scoreline! 

1 hour ago, MZH said:

I am much less concerned about this than the Warrington loss. Easter Monday always throws up results like this. It's easy to talk about mentality, but its so tough to back up after 2 days off and when a side starts to get momentum it's almost impossible to stop.

It's virtually a full three days not two, but the reason why teams get momentum and opposition don't stop it is mentality. Weak minded teams allow that momentum instead of stopping it by doing all the right things instead of panicking, blaming others, going away from what you've trained to do. Instilling mental fortitude in players is what separates average players from great players.

Drilling players so that when they are under the cosh they don't fold, don't make dumb decisions, don't let their heads go down and ultimately start to point fingers and worse give up makes a massive difference, also having an on field team leader is massive, today we didn't have that and we didn't have that person last year either. 

Who is Radford looking to for his on field motivator, with all due respect to Danny Houghton it isn't the captain when Ellis isn't playing and today without Houghton then who is it, Minichello, Manu? 

5 hours ago, MZH said:

Then Sneyd kicks a 40/40, and off the back of it Tuimavave scores.

0-10

4 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

My grandma could kick a 40/40.

Does seem a strange thing to brag about but if a try came off it fair enough.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

3 hours ago, Just Browny said:

I think you need to grow up.

You clearly don't rate Sneyd or Connor very highly, in spite of the fact they are two of the most influential players in SL.

I guess the half a million offer for Connor really hacked you off.

Hull were ultimately well beaten today, in spite of the efforts of those two players.

Your comment is simply pathetic.

After 10 minutes, Hull FC went 10-0 up and Luke Thompson went off injured. That made what happened in the next 70 minutes all the more improbable. Our fringe players really stepped up, Matty Lees and Jack Ashworth took over the mantle from Walmsley and Thompson and dominated.

Lomax was sublime as he was on Friday and throughout most of the year. He managed to surpass the high standards he has already set this year. He was at the centre of everything. It's rare that a player can score 3 or 4 tries (Naiqama and Swift) and not get a look in on the man of the match. But Lomax certainly deserved it.

Only negative was Thompson picking up a knock that will rule him out for probably a few weeks at least. But I have no worries that our squad players will cover fine. Richardson played his best game for us this year, but probably hasn't done enough to wrestle the shirt back off Fages. With a solid performance from Swift, I imagine Holbrook may be tempted to keep him in the 17, moving Makinson to centre until Percival returns.

3 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Hull FC at home. If it wasn’t the second Easter game, I would have not bat an eyelid at this fixture and expected a walkover of a win. I suppose that’s quite sad in a way and sums up where Hull FC are now at as a club. 

Good win, more points on the board and a good run out for some fringe players. 

What a classy post.

When we came to your place in the RL Cup quarter final and pasted you not long since, I didn't come on here gloating and ridiculing your team.

Try and show a reply more becoming from an adult, which I assume you are, in spite of yet another RL Fans type contribution.

8 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

I think you need to grow up.

You clearly don't rate Sneyd or Connor very highly, in spite of the fact they are two of the most influential players in SL.

I guess the half a million offer for Connor really hacked you off.

Hull were ultimately well beaten today, in spite of the efforts of those two players.

Your comment is simply pathetic.

Give him some slack OF -it's his year again and they've just won so of course he has to try and play the fool for attention

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

3 hours ago, MZH said:

Saints were far too good for us today but I'm totally unconcerned about it. The team selection was clearly about managing the squad for what lies ahead.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived