• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Wolfpack most Champioship clubs would love gates like that.With the Championship Summer Bash  coming up in a few weeks why don't the R.L. distribute free tickets to Hotels and Boarding houses in Blackpool.40 tickets distributed free to  each of100 Hotels or Guest houses may get some new families to the game.Instead the Stadium will be about 20%full which does not show our game in a good light.

14 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Well done Wolfpack most Champioship clubs would love gates like that.With the Championship Summer Bash  coming up in a few weeks why don't the R.L. distribute free tickets to Hotels and Boarding houses in Blackpool.40 tickets distributed free to  each of100 Hotels or Guest houses may get some new families to the game.Instead the Stadium will be about 20%full which does not show our game in a good light.

Free tickets as a promotional practice related to ongoing events such as Wolfpack home matches are one thing, freebies for a once-a-year thing are another.  If the beneficiaries of free tickets have a great time and spend money on food and beer and decide they want to come back for more, they can do that in the coming weeks and then the club can convert them into regular supporters.  That wouldn't work in Blackpool unless there's a club there for the locals to support if they have a great time and decide that they want to come back for more.

18 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Stand by for the propaganda machine to attack you.

I don´t think that post is anything negative against Toronto, unless someone is looking for it and no issue with what fcl said.  It appears they were offering a small amount of free tickets for the game, and someone messed up setting up the code so that it was allowing people to get it for multiple games.  

12 minutes ago, Cowardly Fan said:

I don´t think that post is anything negative against Toronto, unless someone is looking for it and no issue with what fcl said.  It appears they were offering a small amount of free tickets for the game, and someone messed up setting up the code so that it was allowing people to get it for multiple games.  

Also, why post pictures 5 minutes after kick off when it is obvious from watching Toronto that the fans pour in during the first 20 minutes? I watched the game from about 50 minutes in and it looked packed. As people said previously, if all the people walking around (and were at the ends) were in the bleachers it would be pretty much at capacity. 

If there we 500 people there I can understand this petty ####. We had a SL game yesterday with a 3 figure crowd FFS and Salford have had a few sub 2k crowds over the last 2-3 years.

Finally, they were playing Swinton at home FFS! Swinton! (no disrespect to Lions fans but you get my point). That crowd is amazing considering.

9 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Also, why post pictures 5 minutes after kick off when it is obvious from watching Toronto that the fans pour in during the first 20 minutes? I watched the game from about 50 minutes in and it looked packed. As people said previously, if all the people walking around (and were at the ends) were in the bleachers it would be pretty much at capacity. 

If there we 500 people there I can understand this petty ####. We had a SL game yesterday with a 3 figure crowd FFS and Salford have had a few sub 2k crowds over the last 2-3 years.

Finally, they were playing Swinton at home FFS! Swinton! (no disrespect to Lions fans but you get my point). That crowd is amazing considering.

1603662592_Lamportbeertentcrowd.thumb.jpg.027664b982e573022d879ae270587fe6.jpg

When the beer garden attracts numbers such as is in this picture from last season during matches, it's not only understandable that the stands don't show the full extent of the crowd, it's a good thing too because the beer garden is evidently selling a lot of that craft beer and giving those newcomers to RL a literal buzz about the game.

13 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Also, why post pictures 5 minutes after kick off when it is obvious from watching Toronto that the fans pour in during the first 20 minutes? I watched the game from about 50 minutes in and it looked packed. As people said previously, if all the people walking around and were at the ends were in the bleachers it would be pretty much at capacity. 

It there we 500 people there I can understand this. We had a SL game yesterday with a 3 figure crowd FFS and Salford have had a few sub 2k crowds over the last 2-3 years.

Finally, there were playing Swinton at home FFS! Swinton! (no disrespect to Lions fans but you get my point). That crowd is amazing considering.

Easy to forget what initial expectations were, I´m pretty sure the initial threads would have predicted 3k max at this stage and with good reason.  To have around 8k paying fans per game is amazing.

There´s some people who are anti-Toronto and won´t be changed, but I think there´s also a tendency to see things from an English viewpoint.  The capacity being different from the space is not recognised (as we have allocated seats), fans coming later or in the beer garden are viewed with suspicion as if they don´t fully count.

To be honest I´m not sure how much the opponents impacts things over there, imagine the first game will be a boost too.  

Just now, Cowardly Fan said:

Easy to forget what initial expectations were, I´m pretty sure the initial threads would have predicted 3k max at this stage and with good reason.  To have around 8k paying fans per game is amazing.

There´s some people who are anti-Toronto and won´t be changed, but I think there´s also a tendency to see things from an English viewpoint.  The capacity being different from the space is not recognised (as we have allocated seats), fans coming later or in the beer garden are viewed with suspicion as if they don´t fully count.

To be honest I´m not sure how much the opponents impacts things over there, imagine the first game will be a boost too.  

Agree with those points but my point about the opponent is Toronto have made it insignificant whether it is Swinton or Brisbane Broncos through creating a buzz. In England, clubs moan when they play Catalans or London at home as there is no atmosphere or no away fans.

Wether they were free of not , came just for the beer or not , it was an impressive crowd at Lamport tonight , there is obviously a sizeable interest in the sport in Toronto , well done , if that can be replicated at other venues in other NA cities remains to be seen ?

24 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Agree with those points but my point about the opponent is Toronto have made it insignificant whether it is Swinton or Brisbane Broncos through creating a buzz. In England, clubs moan when they play Catalans or London at home as there is no atmosphere or no away fans.

And all too often, no home fans either.

2 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Looks more or less full to me.

Yep, once the match was well underway, only the extreme corners of the stands were vacant, and there were may more than that in the beer garden. It was a sellout today.
They were pretty much at the allowed capacity. They aren't allowed to exceed it regardless if 1500 or more are standing in the beer garden or in the VIP end.

The doubters are full of **it.

25 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Yet they get their largest attendance of the season when they play the Wolfpack for some reason.

3 minutes ago, PatrickB said:

Yet they get their largest attendance of the season when they play the Wolfpack for some reason.

Early days yet Patrick , yes last year Leigh's was the biggest , this year it won't be 

1 hour ago, Big Picture said:

1603662592_Lamportbeertentcrowd.thumb.jpg.027664b982e573022d879ae270587fe6.jpg

When the beer garden attracts numbers such as is in this picture from last season during matches, it's not only understandable that the stands don't show the full extent of the crowd, it's a good thing too because the beer garden is evidently selling a lot of that craft beer and giving those newcomers to RL a literal buzz about the game.

Took me whole halftime to get from one end to the other today. Absolutely packed. Wolfpacked. aha, t-shirts commemorating 2019 home opener were given away for free (for all you free s**t loving posters here). 

3 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

You do realise a lot of North American fans mill around and dont necessary sit in their seat for the full game. It's an event over there so lots of fans hang round the food stalls and the drinks tents for most of the games.

I've been to a couple of matches and there are 100s milling around during the match.

Do a lot of people in Toronto suffer from restless legs ?. 

Was at Lamport from 90 minutes before kickoff. Place was packed, once all the fans arrived. They don't all arrive for the start (the earlier photo of the start is showing the east side, not full) but as the game went on, the west stand was full and the east stand almost full.

THE GROUND CAPACITY OF 9600 IS THE MAX ALLOWED BY FIRE REGULATIONS, NOT THE AMOUNT YOU'D SEE IF EVERYONE WAS CRAMMED SHOULDER TO SHOULDER ON THE BENCH SEATS. Rinse & repeat a million times.

There are upwards of 500 or 600 in the beer garden at any one time and they are IN THE STADIUM and so count towards the fire regs.

Can we please enjoy a few home games at Lamport without the Nattering Nellies among you disputing every single attendance number? Heavens to Betsy, go find something else to moan about.

3 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

I still find it strange that fans are still filing into the ground even after half an hour of the game.

Really? In Australia, there is on average a 15-20% difference between the number of people in the venue at kick off and that at halftime.  It's why crowd attendances aren't given until about midway through the second half.

Missing kick off isn't the end of the world for a lot of people and whilst I can't say Toronto is the same as say Sydney where it is most common to see, it isn't an uncommon practice.

Anyway, regardless of whether there was almost 9.6K there, all only 6K+ which some claim, there was a big crowd there. It's a crowd larger than what a number of Super League teams could bring regularly in the shape of Huddersfield, London, Salford and Wakefield, and most of the Championship.

For me, being to the ground, seeing how many people can fit at the ends and around and seeing what Canadians seem to do at League matches, I feel pretty confident that there was 8K+.  Lamport has a 9,600 seating capacity, not venue capacity.  It can actually have over 12,000 in the precinct.  

Anyway, great work Toronto! If they are artificially adding a few extra to their attendance, please teach some of the SL clubs in the UK your tricks.  An extra 1-2K here and there could do wonders in turning the perception of Super League around from dying to growing.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

4 hours ago, fcl said:

I have been following Toronto's affluence for quite some time. Because the leaders of the club use them to legitimize their project. Here are some pictures of the match we can find others on the social networks.66F43FC7-ABE5-4F17-B022-D589A282B8EF.thumb.jpeg.13bfa7dee7d0f12e94c05cba960a1f53.jpeg

69E53CE8-FED7-4EB5-974F-4A2C29C05F7C.jpeg

BF664881-5265-4CB8-9A14-02FCD1AF33FB.jpeg

F0EDEC18-D44F-49E0-B21A-9EFBB0073427.jpeg

4 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Well well well. What a fascinating website! http://forums.redflagdeals.com/toronto-wolfpack-free-tickets-all-home-games-2280888/3/

I like this one:

’Just grabbed 4 tickets to every home game from June 15 - Sept 7, never been to a rugby game, but can't go wrong for $0.’

Stop being one eyed fools. Every club around the world would have used free tickets as a marketing strategy at some time in their past, my club the Newcastle Knights do it, especially for mining round. Why don't you focus your attention and start criticising some of your own English clubs, even some Super league clubs, over their pathetic crowds.

Putting it in perspective the Nsw Waratahs achieved a crowd of 10,600 on Saturday night in their first game at the new Bankwest Stadium, which is the first new stadium built in Sydney in 20 years. The Wolfpack were only 1,000 behind.

2 hours ago, Cowardly Fan said:

Those posters who think that Wigan and St Helens are (or ought to be) draw cards when they play in places like London would do well to understand that to Torontonians they won't be any bigger draws than Swinton today.

Just now, SL17 said:

It was a sunny day, most where wearing T shirts. Thats what they are now use too. Do you think you would get 9k in the Lamport  at zero degrees? No, you wouldn't.

FYI it was only 10 degrees today, I saw plenty of spectators wearing warm jackets.

1 hour ago, SL17 said:

It was a sunny day, most where wearing T shirts. Thats what they are now use too. Do you think you would get 9k in the Lamport  at zero degrees? No, you wouldn't.

How do you know that? 

Having lived close to the Canadian border I never noticed those to the north struggling on a zero degree day.

7 minutes ago, SL17 said:

It was on SKY.. Do you not follow your RL team?

I was referring to your claim that a zero degree day would scare away Canadian fans.

I do follow my team. I live near Canberra Stadium and go to every Raiders home game, even when it’s sleeting and freezing. Unlike every SL club I can also watch all of their games on TV or my phone.

With Facebook now streaming Wolfpack  games, in Toronto, for free in Australia, I’ll be watching more Wolfpack games than I ever could of any other club in the UK.

Archived