5 Jul: SL: Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/19 at 18:45

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the stripping rule really is a blight on the game . So inconsistently officiated as they guess knock or penalty half the time for the same kind of incident .Some of these pens are just loose carries , contact or a player letting go off the ball when they feel an arm anywhere near it . A big majority of the pens come in this area

Just now, DavidM said:

the stripping rule really is a blight on the game . So inconsistently officiated as they guess knock or penalty half the time for the same kind of incident .Some of these pens are just loose carries , contact or a player letting go off the ball when they feel an arm anywhere near it . A big majority of the pens come in this area

I get its hard for the refs. But as you say the inconsistentcy is the killer. We could have had a player sent in the bin when in another game we might have had a few penalties awarded to us. 

DabDabDabDabDabDabDabDabDabDabDabDabDabDabDabDabDabDabDabDabDabDabDabDabDabDabDabDabDabDabDabDabDab...

twKF6ys.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

For me, unless there is clear evidence of a strip it should be counted as a loose carry, it used to be said that it was the ball carrier's responsibility to hold the ball, that should be the case again,. IMO.

2 minutes ago, meast said:

For me, unless there is clear evidence of a strip it should be counted as a loose carry, it used to be said that it was the ball carrier's responsibility to hold the ball, that should be the case again,. IMO.

IMO to , ive always thought that 

2 minutes ago, meast said:

Yes.   This should be the case and refs ought to have enough gumption to see a real strip.

18 minutes ago, DavidM said:

1 minute ago, meast said:

Yes , I haven’t changed my opinion . I still think that 

Just now, meast said:

That's deja vu all over again...

Cas players seem to be trained to surrepticiously strip the ball in the tackle. Happening too often to be by chance. And also to spill it in the tackle to gain penalties too. Totally ruining the game but will anything be done? 

The nonsense at the PTB got sorted out with new rules and interpretations so maybe this trashy behaviour can be sorted out quickly too by the powers that be with a directive from on high. It's destroying the game by allowing cheating to be rewarded.

Leeds defended well, but lets be right we were awful. Both half backs and full back should pack up after that. The Eden pass didnt lose that game, we were 2nd best throughout. 

I’d play a corpse in front of Aston.

4 minutes ago, snapski said:

Leeds defended well, but lets be right we were awful. Both half backs and full back should pack up after that. The Eden pass didnt lose that game, we were 2nd best throughout. 

I’d play a corpse in front of Aston.

He got run over a few times . No wonder he’s been a championship half , he doesn’t have the physical stature or quality to steer a SL side around . He made Myler look good

Archived