Jump to content

Recommended Posts


  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Glad to hear that. I hope they get in as I think it would be good for Allerdale to have a presence in the NCLK

I’ve heard that myself from a club that has applied. NCL for me should be 2 leagues and everyone else strengthening the regional leagues which are knackered right now due  in my opinion to the huge st

Depends how fast you walk 

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

Can only put it down to fitting the criteria

My club Seaton Rangers applied and we met the criteria laid out were awaiting feedback on what we can address for further applications 

Edited by gillmeister

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Link to post
Share on other sites

The National Conference League have confirmed they will not be replacing Salford City Roosters for the 2020 season and leaving it at 49 teams for now.

The original plan was to create a fifth division for the 2020 season, but will now leave it at four and restructure for 2021.

Chairman Alan Smith explained he had taken feedback from the clubs regarding the structure of the league going forward.

He said: “One reason is that some Division Three clubs said that 26 games were too many.

“The NCL will therefore be looking at a restructure for 2021 and the NCL Management has decided not to accept any new teams for 2020.

“Division Three will therefore have thirteen teams, playing 24 games. Promotion and relegation will remain the same for 2020.”

Clubs that have applied this time only to miss out are Dalton and Walney Central (the latter former members), both of Furness, and West Cumbria outfits Ellenborough Rangers and Seaton Rangers, together with Yorkshire Mens League sides Bentley (Doncaster) and Wyke (Bradford).

Link to post
Share on other sites

That decision is a bit disappointing (I always look forward to watching NCL RL on new grounds) but I guess the member clubs know what works for them. Interesting to see if do we get five divisions, and several new clubs, for 2021.

Edited by Hopping Mad
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, fatboystu said:

When people talk about the standards being diluted, a quick check shows that Wyke's clubhouse is a 25 minute walk away from their pitch.....surely that can't be right?

Surely the sides coming into the NCL should be playing the top division of the regional leagues.

 

If not what’s the benefits of playing in the Premier Divisions of the YML and the NWML

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many teams have been admitted to the NCL in recent times and not lasted 2 seasons. I expect the management want to make sure this is not likely to happen again. Not good for me because I like getting to new grounds but I understand the thinking behind it. I'm told the door to these clubs is not permanently closed but they want to make sure they have a new structure in place for next season that they are confident will work. There are sides in the premier divisions of the YML and NWML that are stronger on the pitch than many NCL teams but don't have the facilities or ambition to join. It has never been the case that teams have to be in the top divisions of the regional leagues to apply for the NCL, even when the league started in 1986.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/10/2019 at 19:23, fatboystu said:

When people talk about the standards being diluted, a quick check shows that Wyke's clubhouse is a 25 minute walk away from their pitch.....surely that can't be right?

Glad they didn't get in then!! 

Batley Boys managed to get in by telling the league all their games would be at the Stadium!  All clubs are on probation for the first year in the NCL - perhaps they'll get the "curly finger" ??

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pascal Chimbonda said:

Fake news. Move on. 

Barrett doesn't say a lot but is rarely wrong. Would not have made this post without having any grounds for making it. Didn't say they would get the "curly finger" by the way, just said they could. Ultimately I imagine it would be put to the rest of the clubs like most things in the NCL if they consider it a problem. Maybe you have some inside info to the contrary?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/10/2019 at 19:23, fatboystu said:

When people talk about the standards being diluted, a quick check shows that Wyke's clubhouse is a 25 minute walk away from their pitch.....surely that can't be right?

I'm sure they play from a pub, their ground is worse than Batley Boys if it rains and they have pitch side changing rooms.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/10/2019 at 21:15, Celtic Roosters said:

Barrett doesn't say a lot but is rarely wrong. Would not have made this post without having any grounds for making it. Didn't say they would get the "curly finger" by the way, just said they could. Ultimately I imagine it would be put to the rest of the clubs like most things in the NCL if they consider it a problem. Maybe you have some inside info to the contrary?

If we get the curly finger so be it we tried and have loved our first season. I was referring to the part that says we would play every game at the stadium .....

Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s people’s thoughts on what the proposed league structure will be. Got a feeling they might regionalise the leagues if they do then can’t see how it would be classed as National Conference.

 

I hope am wrong but just got a feeling that’s the way the league might go

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cumbria1 said:

What’s people’s thoughts on what the proposed league structure will be. Got a feeling they might regionalise the leagues if they do then can’t see how it would be classed as National Conference.

 

I hope am wrong but just got a feeling that’s the way the league might go

Wouldn't be a bad shout. It has always been my view that the NCL ought to be an elite comp for the best teams in decent facilities. 

49 has simply weakened the regional leagues. A proper pyramid is needed. A single NCL, below that a West and East Leagues and below that the regional leagues. With proper P+R for those with the requisite facilities.

Similar to football.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dixiedean said:

Wouldn't be a bad shout. It has always been my view that the NCL ought to be an elite comp for the best teams in decent facilities. 

49 has simply weakened the regional leagues. A proper pyramid is needed. A single NCL, below that a West and East Leagues and below that the regional leagues. With proper P+R for those with the requisite facilities.

Similar to football.

Bottom line they not bothered about Regional Leagues. They expanded to take clubs away from BARLA. 
 

HW

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Pascal Chimbonda said:

If we get the curly finger so be it we tried and have loved our first season. I was referring to the part that says we would play every game at the stadium .....

Fair enough pal. I didn't get to Batley Boys this season so I don't know the situation myself. I did see you play away though and was impressed. Hope you stay in the NCL but Barrett will know more than me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Havenwarrior said:

Bottom line they not bothered about Regional Leagues. They expanded to take clubs away from BARLA. 
 

HW

I know. Not been a roaring success for the regional leagues, has it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...