Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Keep The Faith

Jourfett to fev

Recommended Posts

Sad to see him go but you cant blame the lad. Why would he want to play for a team that would eventually  train all the skill that he has out of him within the next season. It's a pity we also have to hear it second hand as well.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We always hear stuff 2nd hand, hope somebody knowswho the new coach is, or if ANYBODY else is going to re-sign or come in, we'll look a bit daft with 3 lads on the field. Any Rams fans got the inside line?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, phildog said:

We always hear stuff 2nd hand, hope somebody knowswho the new coach is, or if ANYBODY else is going to re-sign or come in, we'll look a bit daft with 3 lads on the field. Any Rams fans got the inside line?

Haven’t you heard,Diskin signed a new 3 year contract straight after Rochdale game😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I said last week, the silence from the club is nothing short of disgusting. To find out from the League Express is an insult. What is going on??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely the club don't announce departures also I thought we would stipulate not to leak news before last game but then not all clubs have same integrity. I thought this year would be barren for big time Charlie's cherry picking


'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, batley paul said:

As I said last week, the silence from the club is nothing short of disgusting. To find out from the League Express is an insult. What is going on??

Most transfer stories these days are broken vie the media, especially League Express. For instance, in today's paper they also have stories on Kyle Trout signing for Hull KR, Wakefield trying to sign Adam Tangata, Dale Ferguson leaving Huddersfield, etc...there tend to be 3 or 4 such stories most weeks long before the clubs announce them. It's very difficult to keep such stories under wraps these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

League express is reporting he’s joined there in 2020 

At the risk of slating the lad, he has hardly pulled trees up this season. On his day he is very good, but he hasn't really shone IMO, and his defence is pretty appalling.

Towards the back end of last season, I really thought we had signed another Glen Tomlinson. The reality is, we hadn't. He will be tough to replace though, because he is the fastest man in the team by a distance, but he is not the organiser we have badly lacked this season either.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed but put him at side of Chisholm and feeding off breaks off Harrison and day he got great speed so he will not after organise as much as he does with us. Take in to consideration he will get coached by a real coach not what we have as a coach st the moment I'm sure he come back to haunt us like most players that leave do like patch and day and harrison and young izziac yesterday had a decent game by reports I saw on love rugby league .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck to him, we've only seen glimpses of how good he can be  just not sure why..

 

Oh for another Paul Handforth 🥰


Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This scenario is the same as last year when Featherstone raided for Day and Harrison even a picture of them in a Featherstone shirt before the season had finished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not worth anywhere near the money he is reputedly earning. Looks great against the other bottom half clubs but generally vanishes when up against decent opposition. However, is there anyone better we could possibly sign? Probably not, which is very concerning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tony F said:

Not worth anywhere near the money he is reputedly earning. Looks great against the other bottom half clubs but generally vanishes when up against decent opposition. However, is there anyone better we could possibly sign? Probably not, which is very concerning. 

Half backs always look better behind a decent pack.

Just saying.

  • Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Half backs always look better behind a decent pack.

Just saying.

The pack has been generally pretty good this season IMO. There are not many forwards I would swap in the division for ours, although we are maybe lacking a tackle busting running second rower.

It has been rare we have been beaten in the pack, it has been the errors that has killed us most weeks and more often than not teams have broken through down the centres and halfback channels on either side of the field. At least that is how it has felt. 

I was always a fan of Wardy's defensive structure of playing a sweeper, (Tomlinson in his first spell used to defend in that role), but that system is no longer in fashion, with most teams favouring the compact/sliding defence, which is okay if you have pace and it slides. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

The pack has been generally pretty good this season IMO. There are not many forwards I would swap in the division for ours, although we are maybe lacking a tackle busting running second rower.

It has been rare we have been beaten in the pack, it has been the errors that has killed us most weeks and more often than not teams have broken through down the centres and halfback channels on either side of the field. At least that is how it has felt. 

I was always a fan of Wardy's defensive structure of playing a sweeper, (Tomlinson in his first spell used to defend in that role), but that system is no longer in fashion, with most teams favouring the compact/sliding defence, which is okay if you have pace and it slides. 

 

as anyone asked about Fergy from the Giants it looks like hes available

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, zaz9 said:

as anyone asked about Fergy from the Giants it looks like hes available

i would have thought if he signed for a champs club it would be FEV his boyhood club and who he's already played for this season and a team when he went back to huddersfield he came back to watch now  for french lad last year league express said we had signed three players on for this year we didn't and we hadn't been in for them so at the moment it's just a story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, zaz9 said:

as anyone asked about Fergy from the Giants it looks like hes available

I would guess, the big question marks with him are his injury, combined with his age and the money he wants.

Would you take a gamble?

I'm always a little dubious of big name players that drop a division the wrong side of 30. Although I'm sure there must some that have done well, I'm struggling to think of any, but plenty that haven't, E.g. Robbie Hunter-Paul, Iestyn Harris, Mike Kuiti, Terry Glassie, Sid Domic and Nick Fozzard to name a few that haven't really panned out well.

Edited by DOGFATHER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Good luck to him, we've only seen glimpses of how good he can be  just not sure why..

 

Oh for another Paul Handforth 🥰

Just a pity we cannot get a Paul Handforth type, to play along side Jouffret and maybe get the best out of him.

Despite his inconsistencies, I really hope we can pull out the stops and keep hold of him, although I'm not holding my breath. He is the sort of player that you need to build a team around. He has genuine pace and age on his side. 14 tries this season so far and the only player we have that has broken into double figures this season.

Maybe a bit of creative thinking regarding him swapping positions with Scott when we are attacking, might have been an option to get the best out of him? His pace might have been enough to get through whilst chiming in to the attacking line, where Scott struggles?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Just a pity we cannot get a Paul Handforth type, to play along side Jouffret and maybe get the best out of him.

Despite his inconsistencies, I really hope we can pull out the stops and keep hold of him, although I'm not holding my breath. He is the sort of player that you need to build a team around. He has genuine pace and age on his side. 14 tries this season so far and the only player we have that has broken into double figures this season.

Maybe a bit of creative thinking regarding him swapping positions with Scott when we are attacking, might have been an option to get the best out of him? His pace might have been enough to get through whilst chiming in to the attacking line, where Scott struggles?

Good call. BUT where is there another Paul Handforth??....that's the $64,000,000 question.

  • Like 1

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Just a pity we cannot get a Paul Handforth type, to play along side Jouffret and maybe get the best out of him.

Despite his inconsistencies, I really hope we can pull out the stops and keep hold of him, although I'm not holding my breath. He is the sort of player that you need to build a team around. He has genuine pace and age on his side. 14 tries this season so far and the only player we have that has broken into double figures this season.

Maybe a bit of creative thinking regarding him swapping positions with Scott when we are attacking, might have been an option to get the best out of him? His pace might have been enough to get through whilst chiming in to the attacking line, where Scott struggles?

Money talks though GF and you can't compete with the purchasing power of big clubs like Fev.

  • Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Money talks though GF and you can't compete with the purchasing power of big clubs like Fev.

Agree BSJ but this spending power doesn't seem to be doing much for them. Top half of table but not top end of table. York this season seem to have found the secret . Keeping it going into next .....we'll see.


WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...