CC final attendance

16 hours ago, saintspete83 said:

To obtain tickets it should be all done through 1 host site, if other clubs/ organisations are selling then there should be a link to the host website through the organisations/ clubs sites with any offers or discounts already tagged on. 

Steady on SaintsPete... you are talking some real sense here! ?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't the fact that this thread is debating what tickets are and are not available for purchase (with no one appearing to have a clear grasp on it), a joke within itself...

Surely with technology available you can have a centralised booking system... One central source of truth... Or are we still dealing with paper tickets being sent to clubs to be returned...

Either way, this isn't just a RL problem... it happens in a number of sports. It clearly has a negative (confusing) affect on consumers buying tickets.

If you are using several sources of promotion (clubs/visit London website) then push your audience to the central booking system and attribute the purchase based on where the traffic has come from. Clubs get their kick-back and fans have a seamless experience of booking. We might even solve some of the bureaucracy...

I wanted to buy Club Wembley tickets at full price weeks ago.  I couldn't buy them so I bought cheaper tickets, with the RFL losing revenue as a result.

I could now buy Club Wembley tickets at 25% off.

Guess what that means for how I approach this next year and beyond?

22 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

I wanted to buy Club Wembley tickets at full price weeks ago.  I couldn't buy them so I bought cheaper tickets, with the RFL losing revenue as a result.

I could now buy Club Wembley tickets at 25% off.

Guess what that means for how I approach this next year and beyond?

I have defended the RFL on their approach previously, but the last 2 years has made it very difficult to do so.

I ended up getting a Club Wembley ticket, and getting a 25% offer with 4 days to go is shoddy. These offers really need to be isolated and exclusive so you aren't just tapping up the same people. I have no issue with a 25% offer this week if it was going to London postcodes, or to charities in the South or similar, but through an RFL partner of OurLeague is just the same people as you emailed last week offering them a LASTCHANCE to get 10% off.

##### eejits.

54 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I have defended the RFL on their approach previously, but the last 2 years has made it very difficult to do so.

I ended up getting a Club Wembley ticket, and getting a 25% offer with 4 days to go is shoddy. These offers really need to be isolated and exclusive so you aren't just tapping up the same people. I have no issue with a 25% offer this week if it was going to London postcodes, or to charities in the South or similar, but through an RFL partner of OurLeague is just the same people as you emailed last week offering them a LASTCHANCE to get 10% off.

##### eejits.

I have already mentioned my idea but I'd go with a promotion starting the day after the final, for about 60-90 days you can buy any seat in the ground for a fixed price of £30 ish. This would reward the early buyers and also give the sales a real push before its even turned new year. After that no mass reductions what so ever. I would also make it that any challenge cup ticket gets you into any 1895 game/round to help give that a push and although clubs may miss out on revenue from tickets this may be offset by food and bar takings and a healthy crowd would improve the 1895 comp. 

Just an idea. 

3 minutes ago, Manx RL said:

That’s a bold claim.

Wife, Cousin (goes to Broncos but isn't that fussed about league), Cousin's wife, Father in Law and 3 of his mates who now make the Challenge Cup final an annual day out and bloke next to me who lives in Wembley and comes to the odd Broncos game if I have a spare. But prior to this season he had never watched a game.

One of the party is now wheelchair bound - so we have nearly a whole row in block 217 in Club Wembley.

Add in me - it is 9. Prior to his year just 6 with the wife and Father in Laws crew.

All southerners. Me and the cousin are the only ones who go to league games regularly.

If only less on here moaned.

12 minutes ago, saintspete83 said:

I have already mentioned my idea but I'd go with a promotion starting the day after the final, for about 60-90 days you can buy any seat in the ground for a fixed price of £30 ish. This would reward the early buyers and also give the sales a real push before its even turned new year. After that no mass reductions what so ever. I would also make it that any challenge cup ticket gets you into any 1895 game/round to help give that a push and although clubs may miss out on revenue from tickets this may be offset by food and bar takings and a healthy crowd would improve the 1895 comp. 

Just an idea. 

Yeah, it's a difficult one, because you have to hold your nerve with a strategy like that, and when you get to the week before and have 30k empty seats it is difficult to not just cash in and take 50% discount on the empty seats. 

I do think there is something in your point though, I've often pushed a "Price Promise" or "Guarantee" that means if your tickets can be bought cheaper then you are automatically given RFL credit back. That would help to stop people holding off until the last week waiting for the best offers. 

But tbh, I think we have ended up with a bit of a perfect storm, which means that it just isn't working at the moment. I think there are probably 10 reasons contributing to the fact that we are now looking at 65k crowds. Hopefully we are going to start addressing them with the date change, but when we damage the brand of the cup with moves like they pulled on the overseas teams earlier this year, you wonder whether they really want it to be a success.

Just now, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I'm maybe being naive but this actually appears to be suggesting Viagogo are selling tickets below face value.....

https://www.viagogo.co.uk/Sports-Tickets/Other-Sports/Rugby-League/Challenge-Cup-Final-Tickets/E-3414987

Isn;t that a reseller? 

So might just be people who can;t make it trying to get some money back at whatever price they can.

3 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

That's true - but seems to be plenty in quite large areas for as little as £11 per ticket (plus £5 booking fee). 

I think anything with a 5 in section is a nosebleed so probably cost £20 or less facevalue.

Happens - I went to Lords on Saturday and it wasn't tough to get tickets off touts outside.

4 hours ago, Leonard said:

I think anything with a 5 in section is a nosebleed so probably cost £20 or less facevalue.

Happens - I went to Lords on Saturday and it wasn't tough to get tickets off touts outside.

No touts sat, unless selling below face value. Early bird tickets should be the only discount. Late deals attract only casual supporters. Once upon a time all rugby league fans went, not now unfortunately 

Viagogo is a somewhat disreputable resale site.

I can't see anything on there for less than £49 plus a £5 delivery fee.

They haven't even got the right name for it - Carnegie Challenge Cup Final 2019.

Stay away from Viagogo, one of the dodgiest resellers out there. many stories around about people buying tickets for what seems to be good prices and when the invoice arrives there is hundreds of dollars in "Admin Fees" added.

Sites like these are one of the reasons that events hold back tickets until near the event, Viagogo, Stub Hub etc are known to buy up bulk tickets to major events and flog them off at exorbitant prices. We took our daughter to Ed Sheeran last year, it was a last minute decision and the concert was supposedly 'sold out', I had a look on Viagogo and there were tickets available for $300 but a friend warned me that they bought 2 tickets and it cost them almost $900.(They basically work on the theory that most people want to go to the event so badly they wont ask for a refund, and they also make the refund process quick difficult). 3 days before the concert there were tickets available on Ticketmaster for $160.

I've seen many discussions on here regarding the frustrating way that tickets are drip fed to the public, but unfortunately this is one of the reasons why, to basically try and sabotage people like Viagogo.

Speaking to a guy at work yesterday, a big Wire fan who goes regularly, he’s not going to Wembley because Widnes have got there and he thinks the Widnes/Sts/Wire combination is bound to result in trouble. Hope he’s wrong, wonder if the ‘trouble’ angle has put many off?

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Unusually I’ve left buying a ticket late (I will get one today hopefully). I had a good scan last night and there are no late deals. TBH there are not that many tickets left in the lower tier and club wembley (I refuse to go in the top tier as too far away). A fair few seemed to have been sold in the last week too. Should be 70k on I reckon

in a way I’m glad the RFL have not done any late discounts

why not give away the empty top tier sections to London schoolkids?

22 minutes ago, Lobbygobbler said:

Unusually I’ve left buying a ticket late (I will get one today hopefully). I had a good scan last night and there are no late deals. TBH there are not that many tickets left in the lower tier and club wembley (I refuse to go in the top tier as too far away). A fair few seemed to have been sold in the last week too. Should be 70k on I reckon

25% Off Coral Challenge Cup Final Tickets!

Enter code CUPREWARDS4 in the Rewards4Rugby League section on the rugby league ticketing website.

4 hours ago, Lobbygobbler said:

Ive got a spare in block 102 if you're interested?

On 19/08/2019 at 18:34, Odsal Outlaw said:

We seem to have moved some people about and then refused some people entry since last week ?

A9C650F1-033B-46E9-88B8-0D512E09F5AA.jpeg

Looks like some more have been ‘unsold’!

48953BBF-9A57-48D7-BD5A-1FE0F3B747C9.jpeg

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

8 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Looks like some more have been ‘unsold’!

48953BBF-9A57-48D7-BD5A-1FE0F3B747C9.jpeg

I think they invested a fair bit in ticketing systems a couple of years back to improve things. Since then it has been worse than ever.

Archived