CC final attendance

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

I am amazed how hard it is to run a single game ticket system.

Too many different situations between all the clubs - and those they share grounds with - to ever coordinate something on that scale. The nearest thing we’ve ever had was the central Ticketmaster system for RLWC2013 which worked great in terms of people being able to count how many seats were sold but didn’t actually work particularly well ‘back office’ and led to the ridiculous situation of people being able to buy any ticket from any venue but then having to pay a booking fee when buying tickets in person and then wait for the tickets to arrive in the post. 

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Too many different situations between all the clubs - and those they share grounds with - to ever coordinate something on that scale. The nearest thing we’ve ever had was the central Ticketmaster system for RLWC2013 which worked great in terms of people being able to count how many seats were sold but didn’t actually work particularly well ‘back office’ and led to the ridiculous situation of people being able to buy any ticket from any venue but then having to pay a booking fee when buying tickets in person and then wait for the tickets to arrive in the post. 

Things like that are easily resolved though. A booking fee ainy an issue, and print at home options are now common.

To be fair, the biggest issue is the use of the ticket system rather than the system itself. The RFL at times micro-manage this to such a low level it means that it is difficult for customers to get tickets they want. 

28 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Things like that are easily resolved though. A booking fee ainy an issue, and print at home options are now common.

To be fair, the biggest issue is the use of the ticket system rather than the system itself. The RFL at times micro-manage this to such a low level it means that it is difficult for customers to get tickets they want. 

I can safely say from first hand experience that a booking fee is very much an issue when it is charged when buying a ticket in person, and even more so when paying in cash.

To have a centralised system would cost a massive amount of money, the sort of money that simply isn’t sloshing around in our game for what in reality would be very little gain given most of the issues - none of them necessarily major IMHO - can easily be reassessed next time.

16 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I can safely say from first hand experience that a booking fee is very much an issue when it is charged when buying a ticket in person, and even more so when paying in cash.

To have a centralised system would cost a massive amount of money, the sort of money that simply isn’t sloshing around in our game for what in reality would be very little gain given most of the issues - none of them necessarily major IMHO - can easily be reassessed next time.

Agreed, that was my point in the last paragraph, but we are seeing more and more incompetence each time. The extreme way the RFL limit ticket numbers on sale is crazy.

I know people who have not bought tickets because areas are sold out, yet we will have maybe 25,000 empty seats there. People will have bought upper tier seats because the lower areas were sold out, only to see tickets now on sale. It is really poor.

But on the fees, sales platforms are smart enough to have all sorts of variable prices nowadays. If I stick one code in for a £55 ticket I pay £41, another code I pay £52.

6 hours ago, saintspete83 said:

What an absolute farce. Sold out but now available. 

I've been calling this out for weeks. These tickets have been sitting with partners for a while. For example Rugby AM have been selling club Wembley tickets for a while and may have now returned their unsold tickets.

It's not a good system.

49 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I've been calling this out for weeks. These tickets have been sitting with partners for a while. For example Rugby AM have been selling club Wembley tickets for a while and may have now returned their unsold tickets.

It's not a good system.

All un-sold partner  tickets should be back in the RFL hand a min of 2 weeks before........ Not 3 days. Its clear that we are looking at a sub 65k attendance. 

23 hours ago, Leonard said:

25% Off Coral Challenge Cup Final Tickets!

Enter code CUPREWARDS4 in the Rewards4Rugby League section on the rugby league ticketing website.

Thanks Leonard - took advantage of this last night and got nearly £15 quid off a club wembley ticket. Saving should get me at least one beer in Wembley!?

4 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

If that is the case surely Saints and Warrington will need to pay a bond if they are to enter the Cup next year.

There was over 80k when Leeds were last there, that’s over half a million quid difference in ticket revenues.

80k that Included 10+k empty club Wembley seats. Up untill 2 years ago CW was always considered capacity regardless of how many seats was sold. 

As much as empty seats are frustrating and even more so the way the RFL appear to handle big events - there is a positive that since 1998 we have managed to add a second major final to our calendar and got to two 65k+ attendances as opposed to one. 

Just thought I’d try and shine a positive light for a change!!!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

1 hour ago, saintspete83 said:

80k that Included 10+k empty club Wembley seats. Up untill 2 years ago CW was always considered capacity regardless of how many seats was sold. 

That’s the point the seats were sold. 

Just now, Oliver Clothesoff said:

The definitely weren’t sold. Most were empty, but were counted on the attendance as if they were used. 

The whole point of club Wembley is it was sold as part of a package that covered all games at Wembley for x amount of years including the challenge cup. Now some of these people chose not to go or sell on their tickets but the seats were sold. 

9 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

The whole point of club Wembley is it was sold as part of a package that covered all games at Wembley for x amount of years including the challenge cup. Now some of these people chose not to go or sell on their tickets but the seats were sold. 

The seats weren’t used, distorting the actual figure of attendance. 

If that is the case surely Saints and Warrington will need to pay a bond if they are to enter the Cup next year.

There was over 80k when Leeds were last there, that’s over half a million quid difference in ticket revenues.

I think it looks far better with Club Wembley full.

Not sure the excitement at getting an extra 10k empty seats added to the attendance and all in camera shot a lot of the time.

Not even sure the allocation of any old Club Wembley bonds the RFL got - but mist have been trivial when divided over the other sporting events. 

I think it looks far better with Club Wembley full.

Not sure the excitement at getting an extra 10k empty seats added to the attendance and all in camera shot a lot of the time.

Not even sure the allocation of any old Club Wembley bonds the RFL got - but mist have been trivial when divided over the other sporting events. 

CW was much higher per ticket than if able to buy tickets for all events, we had 4 Gold - fantastic views etc but didn't renew. You cant sell a ticket twice so attendance on day and sales will always be different

Just noticed that England RU play Ireland at Twickenham at 3pm on Saturday too. Wonder if that has affected some of the casual fans who may have attended.

They appear to have sold their 80k seats.

Just noticed that England RU play Ireland at Twickenham at 3pm on Saturday too. Wonder if that has affected some of the casual fans who may have attended.

They appear to have sold their 80k seats.

I saw that as well.

That mob never miss a chance.

To be honest, as a Kent boy, I think the crossover is zero.

Nobody in the south who isn't an RL fan has an idea the CC final is on.

Rah rahs are always going to Twickers.

I'll add in that I work with an Irish Union fan who is going. So i think that has some appeal to ex-pats and Irish fans.

None of the Union fans I know would go to the CC if you gave them a free ticket.

Mind you - I'm the same with Union.

It's not a good system.

I am not an expert in this... so ready to be educated! ?

But there is already a system in place on the RFL website. Why do they have to sell blocks through partners? Why can’t partners log on and sell the tickets that way as per an individual does? Same with the clubs... then every ticket not sold is visible at all times.

I am not an expert in this... so ready to be educated! ?

But there is already a system in place on the RFL website. Why do they have to sell blocks through partners? Why can’t partners log on and sell the tickets that way as per an individual does? Same with the clubs... then every ticket not sold is visible at all times.

Sorry mate, think you are about the 3rd or 4th to suggest this - including me :kolobok_biggrin:

Archived