16 Aug: SL: Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/08/19 at 18:45

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Leeds Wire said:

What reaction are you hoping to get from this post?

He will get upticks from three Wigan fans, four Saints fans and MoK.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

4 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Depends how close to the cap they were planning on running. If a couple of players outside the top 25 have played more games than expected then it’s possible that there isn’t space for Brown even if you haven’t signed anyone. Otherwise swapping Smith for Brown is madness. 

It was interesting listening to Brown pre-match. It seems Wire wanted Brown to be part of it if he could guarantee fitness, which he couldn't.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

It was interesting listening to Brown pre-match. It seems Wire wanted Brown to be part of it if he could guarantee fitness, which he couldn't.

If that’s the case I’d be taking the gamble on Brown. 

4 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

If that’s the case I’d be taking the gamble on Brown. 

I'm a fan of Brown, but it would be a big gamble. And he has had a lot of stick at wire from many, so he is hardly the messiah.

But the Smith signing is not one I'm overjoyed with either.

25 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Philbin has been insane this half.

For me he was the difference between Warrington's first and second half performance.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Just now, Griff9of13 said:

For me he was the difference between Warrington's first and second half performance.

I get the feeling he does everything at pace, brushes his teeth fast, wipes his ass fast, puts his clothes on fast.... 

Just now, dkw said:

Partington needs a ride out the little ######. 

They are certainly game and hunt as a pack. Their cocky attitude won’t go unnoticed by other forwards though. Will be interesting to see whether they can back it up in the coming weeks. 

1 minute ago, bobbruce said:

They are certainly game and hunt as a pack. Their cocky attitude won’t go unnoticed by other forwards though. Will be interesting to see whether they can back it up in the coming weeks. 

I like their cocky attitude, I think it's needed when you're up against opposition props who are all older, bigger and more experienced than you are. Reminds me very much of Bateman when he first came to Wigan.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'm a fan of Brown, but it would be a big gamble. And he has had a lot of stick at wire from many, so he is hardly the messiah.

But the Smith signing is not one I'm overjoyed with either.

It would be a gamble with Brown but if he’s fit enough to go to Leigh you’d have to think he could have some input at the end of the season. Not sure that Smith is bringing much at this stage of his career. 

3 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

I like their cocky attitude, I think it's needed when you're up against opposition props who are all older, bigger and more experienced than you are. Reminds me very much of Bateman when he first came to Wigan.

Yeah thats who I was thinking of. I think there was a game were Peacock went after him and to his credit he didn’t give an inch. Be interesting to see how these lads react when it happens. 

1 minute ago, absentee thoughtlord said:

He certainly gave it all. In fact, Price should only have his name and those of Daryl Clark, Akaola, Murdoch-Masila and Livett as surefire forward starters for next week.

As for the halves? What do you do?

Philbin led some of his seniors by example. Great attitude and work ethic.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived