how would "this"saints team go in the nrl?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well we all know how fantastic the NRL so any SL would be thrashed every game.

on a serious note, would take time to adjust to the new intensity but given how well British players are performing out their I'm sure they would improve. After a season they would be more than good enough. All depends how quickly they adjust.

3 minutes ago, redjonn said:

well we all know how fantastic the NRL so any SL would be thrashed every game.

on a serious note, would take time to adjust to the new intensity but given how well British players are performing out their I'm sure they would improve. After a season they would be more than good enough. All depends how quickly they adjust.

swap st helens for st George on a 3 year experiment?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

47 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

I doubt they would win a single game all season and be the whipping boys week in week out, punished at every level! just my view

Are Saints also allowed to spend an extra £3m on the cap before the season starts to level things up?

33 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

It's and buts , stupid question , just like trying to compare players and teams from different era's 

so touring teams used to get on a plane and smash it in ??????? no?

I think any team would struggle initially and that it would take a little time to adapt and get used to the intensity of the NRL. The same players based in Australia and with the same levels of off the field and back house would though do okay though and get better as players. There are plenty of fairly average Super League players that have done well in the NRL because of the more professional environment there and the higher levels of skills and intensity that they are exposed to. There is no reason to think that this wouldn't also apply to a team.

14 minutes ago, Scubby said:

How would the Roosters do in the SL if they had to shed to a cap of £2m plus a couple of marquee players? 

so its all about money?

They would probably finish bottom two. 

Realistically, half the starting 17 match day squad would be reserve graders in the NRL playing in NSW or QLD cup. Any team in the NRL that has Lachlan Coote as there best player will get no where near the 8.

If you combined the best match day 17 between Saint Helen's and the worst team in the NRL being Gold Coast Titans - which team would be more represented? 

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

How would the Roosters do in the SL if they had to shed to a cap of £2m plus a couple of marquee players? 

Knowing Nick Politis they could probably somehow retain the same team

2 hours ago, Saint 1 said:

We would go alright in the regular season, probably finishing somewhere between 5th and 8th. We aren't composed enough to finish any higher. Then it would get to the playoffs and we would go out first week.

I disagree, bottom 8. I think the Gold Coast's 1st XVII would beat the Saints' 1st XVII on neutral ground.  

21 minutes ago, AB90 said:

They would probably finish bottom two. 

Realistically, half the starting 17 match day squad would be reserve graders in the NRL playing in NSW or QLD cup. Any team in the NRL that has Lachlan Coote as there best player will get no where near the 8.

If you combined the best match day 17 between Saint Helen's and the worst team in the NRL being Gold Coast Titans - which team would be more represented? 

Lachlan Coote isn't even their best player. He has also won a NRL Grand Final and played over 160+ NRL games, he obviously didn't do too badly in the NRL.

I am always intrigued by references to 'intensity' , already mentioned in posts above, because I don't really understand what is meant by it.  For instance, is it physical, or mental, or a combination of the two?

Could somebody proffer a definition, please?  This is a genuine request!

Archived