29 Aug: SL: Salford Red Devils v Warrington Wolves KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/08/19 at 18:45

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right on cue, penalty given for grabbing around the neck.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Padge said:

Remind me Dave is grabbing someone around the neck legal or illegal.

I didnt think he grabbed his kneck. He had his arms round his torso, the fact he had McCArthy's arms wrapped up was the reason for the awkward landing imo as McCarthy couldn't land cleanly.

its like a nil nil football match were one team trys to score but can't score so the other team doesn't need to try anything

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

Just now, Dave T said:

I didnt think he grabbed his kneck. He had his arms round his torso, the fact he had McCArthy's arms wrapped up was the reason for the awkward landing imo as McCarthy couldn't land cleanly.

I suggest you watch the whole thing again. He had him lost grip then grabbed him round the neck.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

So you're allowed to drill a player's head into the ground then, as long as you don't do those other things?

And I've seen some incredibly study video referee decisions over the last few weeks, so I won't use that as justification.

I'm perfectly happy for it to go through the process mate. Watching it on tv it doesn't look like an offence to me, and none of the four officials thought so either.

If he gets called up to the disciplinary, they will take the appropriate action.

I suggest you watch the whole thing again. He had him lost grip then grabbed him round the neck.

As I say, happy to let the authorities rule on it. If he made a dangerous tackle, he should be punished. No issues with that.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

As I say, happy to let the authorities rule on it. If he made a dangerous tackle, he should be punished. No issues with that.

I am alright with that, its just in my view the first offence was by Warrington and the penalty went the wrong way, the officials seemed to be just concentrating on the scrap and not what caused it.

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Not seen much of Burrell I know , but on evidence so far it’s gonna be a struggle for him you’d reckon to make this work at this level 

I did question this at the time, but since he doesn’t really count on the cap for the first couple of seasons I’m not too fussed if he can’t adjust quickly.   It’s more a case of whether Moran and co have wasted their money, but that’s their business.   Seems they can afford the risk and Moran is a big Burrell fan I know that much.   Should have signed him 6 years ago really though.

I am alright with that, its just in my view the first offence was by Warrington and the penalty went the wrong way, the officials seemed to be just concentrating on the scrap and not what caused it.

I wouldn’t have complained if it had gone that way although I feel there was no malice from Tasi whether it was illegal or not.   No way a sending off in a million years though where the heck are some people getting that from?

Just now, Padge said:

Yeah, I suppose it is pretty split even here though. A couple of non-Wire fans thought it was fine. Cummings thought it was a yellow, his co-commentators disagreed. 

I dont think it is clear cut.

This is painful, I don't think I've seen two sides produce such poor kicking games, all the talk about what they need to do before hand has gone right out the window, they are both lucky to connect with the ball never mind anything else!

Let's hope for some improvement in the second half☹️

12 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'll back track slightly here as the rear view shows he grabbed his shirt and then pulled him down with his arm hitting his neck.

11 minutes ago, Padge said:

McCarthy thought, like many SL players, that he could get a free penalty for starting a scrap. Good on Kendall for giving what he saw.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

4 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

This is painful, I don't think I've seen two sides produce such poor kicking games, all the talk about what they need to do before hand has gone right out the window, they are both lucky to connect with the ball never mind anything else!

Let's hope for some improvement in the second half☹️

I think Warrington will be over the moon only being 2 down, with everything stacked against them Salford should be ripping Warrington to pieces. Short turn round eight of the staring line up missing I am amazed they are in it.

Archived