All last weekend games should be played at the same time

4 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

They should be, but TV States l dictates.

Here's a common sense solution though...

Thursday: Wigan v Cas, Hull v Saints, Warrington vs Leeds

Friday: Hudds v Cats, Salford v Rovers, Wakey v London

Agreed but Salford v KR is scheduled for Sunday...do they shift games not on TV?

It's already pretty pathetic that, a week out, we have no idea when these games will be. Massive games that will have reduced crowds.

It will be even worse though if a team goes down because of sequencing for Sky and it will be a story the game will have to live with for a long time. 

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

7 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Here's a common sense solution though...

Thursday: Wigan v Cas, Hull v Saints, Warrington vs Leeds

Friday: Hudds v Cats, Salford v Rovers, Wakey v London

You might think so thinking as a neutral but look at it from Wakefield's viewpoint. It's entirely possible that Wigan and Warrington win. Salford would then be all but guaranteed 4th and it's then entirely possible that Ian Watson won't go all out to overturn what could be a substantial difference in points difference to chase 3rd place and instead rest some players for the playoffs.  This would massively boost Hull KR's chances of winning and therefore massively increase Wakefield's chances of relegation (and possible extinction) should they lose.  That doesn't seem the ideal common sense solution from where I'm sitting.

You might argue that if Wakey lose 3 times in a season to London they'd deserve to go down, and I'd share a bit of that sentiment, but that would be to miss the point.

6 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

It's already pretty pathetic that, a week out, we have no idea when these games will be. Massive games that will have reduced crowds.

It will be even worse though if a team goes down because of sequencing for Sky and it will be a story the game will have to live with for a long time. 

Absolutely spot on. 

34 minutes ago, north yorks trinity said:

You might think so thinking as a neutral but look at it from Wakefield's viewpoint. It's entirely possible that Wigan and Warrington win. Salford would then be all but guaranteed 4th and it's then entirely possible that Ian Watson won't go all out to overturn what could be a substantial difference in points difference to chase 3rd place and instead rest some players for the playoffs.  This would massively boost Hull KR's chances of winning and therefore massively increase Wakefield's chances of relegation (and possible extinction) should they lose.  That doesn't seem the ideal common sense solution from where I'm sitting.

You might argue that if Wakey lose 3 times in a season to London they'd deserve to go down, and I'd share a bit of that sentiment, but that would be to miss the point.

Fair points.

The game with probably the least effect on the rest is Saints v Hull FC. But that does affect the Wigan v Cas if Hull lose, because Cas won't be able to move places and so will probably rest players. Wigan need to win to maintain 2nd, so that's unfair to Warrington and Salford who are chasing it.

It's the lesser of the evils. If Hull win (hahaha), it keeps the season alive, but if they lose, it sightly affects the playoff race. Warrington and Salford would still be chasing 3rd so won't rest players.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

12 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Surely it depends on if the stadia are available as some teams share with others. Not as straightforward as some make out

Huddersfield Town are at home on Sunday.

Hull City at home on Saturday (against Wigan, so they're away).

Sale don't play into the week after (unless there's a friendly fixture I can't see).

Think that's it. Friday and Thursday are both free. Not an issue.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

3 minutes ago, DiH68 said:

Someone on twitter also pointed out it’s Friday the 13th. If all the relegation games are played on that night it would create great marketing opportunities 

No , not really , this is Relegation we are talking about here , as much as it is intense , somebody is going down 

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

No , not really , this is Relegation we are talking about here , as much as it is intense , somebody is going down 

Yes but from a media and neutrals point of view it’s the perfect storm. You could really create some interest 

11 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Huddersfield Town are at home on Sunday.

Hull City at home on Saturday (against Wigan, so they're away).

Sale don't play into the week after (unless there's a friendly fixture I can't see).

Think that's it. Friday and Thursday are both free. Not an issue.

There might be other events or functions at the stadia. I agree it would be great to have all matches at the same time but it’s not so straightforward 

It’s almost as if the game is run by amateur morons......

Why is this a thing in 2019? Seriously, what is wrong with game. Since at least Blackburn v liverpool this has been the standard in entertainment and that’s before we even touch on fairness. 

Rubbish.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Archived