Diskin leaves

doggystyle

It really had to happen, whichever way it happened. We need now to concentrate on appointing a coach with good experience who can a) persuade decent players to the club and b) get better results from the players already contracted. Might be tough, but a simple phone call attracted one in 2013!

41 minutes ago, POR said:

now he's gone who comes in last year when FEV had all that kaffuffle with duffy we looked round the coaches available and thought no brought  one in from aus would your  kevin consider this 

I suppose it will come down to affordability.Your Aussie coach has done a good job but I wonder how much he costs.

i cant see any further than craig lingard to be honest.

with danny maun as assistant.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Well it pained me to stay away, but im a man of principle, i said it would get worse and him swearing at fans at the summer bash 3 seasons ago was the final straw for me, but today is a good day and im looking forward to next season already.

hope we bring in an experienced coach who can start to rebuild the foundations of the team  that have been removed brick by brick over the last 3 years.

onwards and upwards hopefully!

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

Ole ole ole ole batley batley

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

24 minutes ago, Bulldog Days said:

A backward step IMO. Too close to players, and too compliant with BOD.

i agree.

but i just have a feeling.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

5 hours ago, buford t justice said:

Well it pained me to stay away, but im a man of principle, i said it would get worse and him swearing at fans at the summer bash 3 seasons ago was the final straw for me, but today is a good day and im looking forward to next season already.

hope we bring in an experienced coach who can start to rebuild the foundations of the team  that have been removed brick by brick over the last 3 years.

onwards and upwards hopefully!

well said

3 hours ago, Bulldog Days said:

A backward step IMO. Too close to players, and too compliant with BOD.

Who will be appointing the coach then if it isn't the BOD?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

As an outsider looking in I think it was inevitable that there was going to be a parting of ways,maybe it should have happened sooner.I don’t think anyone was ever going to match what John Kear did as that was punching way above your weight and I do not mean any disrespect.

Now if I was a Batley fan I think my choice if they could prise him from St Helens would be Richard Marshall.

One coach Batley can keep their hands off is Stuart Littler.He is staying put at Swinton Lions soon to be rebranded on the field Manchester Lions.

Archived