Shaun Wane - thrown his hat in for the NRL

Lowdesert

5 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Apparently engaged an Aussie agent to find him work with St.George on the list.

Would be good to see him back in the game.

Already? Can't be bored with the sport yet it takes at least 11 minutes.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

The best he can hope for is a assistants role I would think, English coaches have no standing in the NRL at all. Last one was Malcolm Reilly and that was more on his reputation as a player with Manly?

14 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

The best he can hope for is a assistants role I would think, English coaches have no standing in the NRL at all. Last one was Malcolm Reilly and that was more on his reputation as a player with Manly?

Really? You don't think his stint as GB coach had anything to do with it then? 

25 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Wane is a very fine coach and if it wasn’t for his Wigan accent that is thicker than a pie barm I could see no reason why he couldn’t be a success Down Under.

He doesn't have an accent. It's everyone that does. 

2 hours ago, Oxford said:

Already? Can't be bored with the sport yet it takes at least 11 minutes.

Bejeezus, you must have a long attention span.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Bejeezus, you must have a long attention span.

The 11 minutes includes queuing time for the excellent catering.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 hours ago, philipw said:

Really? You don't think his stint as GB coach had anything to do with it then? 

Reilly was a massive player at Manly in the early 70s, RLW even ran a interview with his crocked knee! so that was what created his standing in the game overthere, his coaching over here would have counted for little against that in Australia.?

1 hour ago, Clogiron said:

Reilly was a massive player at Manly in the early 70s, RLW even ran a interview with his crocked knee! so that was what created his standing in the game overthere, his coaching over here would have counted for little against that in Australia.?

I know how big MR was in the 70s over there. But I would suggest his appointment at Newcastle had more to do with the work he did bringing GB back from the doldrums of the Invincibles (82) and the Unbeatables (86) to win at the SFS in 88, the smashing in Melbourne in 92, one of the closest World Cup finals in a while, a very close Ashes series in 90, as well as series wins vs. NZ in 89, 90 and 93. 

22 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Apparently engaged an Aussie agent to find him work with St.George on the list.

Would be good to see him back in the game.

St George extended Paul McGregor contract by two years in April till the end of 2021

Maybe they are going to pay him out.

He was chasing a spot at the Newcastle Knights until they went with O'Brien

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Shaun Wane will go well in the NRL. He’ll get a team to peak in the big games and that’s exactly what’s needed in the NRL. I also think he’ll benefit from working with better players and having a bigger team of people around him. 

2 hours ago, Allora said:

St George extended Paul McGregor contract by two years in April till the end of 2021

Maybe they are going to pay him out.

He was chasing a spot at the Newcastle Knights until they went with O'Brien

Didnt know that.

Itll be a decent payout.

Archived