22 Sept: League 1 Semi-Final: Newcastle Thunder v Workington Town KO 4pm

Who will win?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Newcastle Thunder
    • Workington Town

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/09/19 at 15:00

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frustrating , again . These teams you’re up against have frailties but we’re in no position to take any kind of advantage and it’s what might have been . Fighting one hand tied and until that changes you’re pushing custard up a hill with a fork . Credit the guys there , a double effort against insuperable odds

19 minutes ago, dkw said:

Brilliant effort by towns 14, ended with more like 11 with 3 carrying knocks. Newcastles goal line defence is poor and will keep costing them, can see donny turning them over again if they don't improve it. 

Some weary legs and a few were hobbling first half!  A few beers tonight and the game will be forgotten.

Ive seen Newcastle play a few times but that wasn’t they’re best.  To beat Donny will be a real feat but can’t see it happening.  

Pushing the boat out these days on Our League with the occasional 2nd camera angle!  ?

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

What would parky be doing down an expansion club?? 

He might regard Workington as an expansion club.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

28 minutes ago, dkw said:

Brilliant effort by towns 14, ended with more like 11 with 3 carrying knocks. Newcastles goal line defence is poor and will keep costing them, can see donny turning them over again if they don't improve it. 

Only makes next season more worrying for town in league 1.barrow keighley newcastle rochdale all head and shoulders above the rest next year plus Ottawa if their in.

2 minutes ago, ihaveatry said:

Only makes next season more worrying for town in league 1.barrow keighley newcastle rochdale all head and shoulders above the rest next year plus Ottawa if their in.

They aren't.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

10 minutes ago, ihaveatry said:

Town got off lightly,thunder making a few mistakes  close to towns line.thunder were not much better than last week so donny should come next week and do what they did to thunder last week.

I had to read that several times to understand it! ?.   

11 minutes ago, ihaveatry said:

Wouldn't of expected any less?

Wouldn't have...

It's my pet grammatical hate when people get this wrong.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Players who have played 4 or more times before the end of season cut off date on DR, or otherwise, for their DR club can play for both their DR club AND their parent club after that date.

Have they changed it then because I’m sure at one time you had to choose one or the other once the play offs started. 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Frustrating , again . These teams you’re up against have frailties but we’re in no position to take any kind of advantage and it’s what might have been . Fighting one hand tied and until that changes you’re pushing custard up a hill with a fork . Credit the guys there , a double effort against insuperable odds

Best mixed metaphor I've seen for years mate!  Classic?

58 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

No disrespect meant mate.  Just made me laugh.

Laughing aside, Thunder didn’t show a lot imo.  I think on their own muck, Town would’ve rolled them even with 14.

Thunder were poor,made town with 14 look reasonable and I think that's their season done next week too.

21 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Along with the legions of overpaid commentators and news readers who are too idle to enunciate the word "sixth" instead saying "sickth". Grrrrr! ( Just call me Victor) 

I’m getting like that ! People who say f instead of th . Go in front of a mirror and say ’ th ‘ a thousand times .  Just don’t talk proper like what we do . 

58 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Have they changed it then because I’m sure at one time you had to choose one or the other once the play offs started. 

Yes - think it was changed in 2017 (definitely the case in 2018) so that a player qualified to play for both clubs provided they were in different 8s (which is of course irrelevant now) if he'd played enough games for the DR club or for either one or the other only if not. I'm fairly sure that the number of games required to qualify to play for the DR club after the end of the regular season, came down over the years from a starting point of 7 

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Can never decide whether that or 'are' instead of 'our' is mine.......

Also that one. I do feel a bit of a ###### pointing these things out but someone has to maintain standards old boy.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Archived